Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Thank Gigantus and Seether for your great mod. I've read around the forum and I have something to say.
    I think the dynasty name of Chen Clan should be Han, because Liu Chong is member of Han Family. The name of Han Xian Di should be Liu Xie. Han Xian Di (Emperor Xian of Han) is the title given after his death. And could you remove Di Du Settlement? or at least make it a castle-gate like Tong Guan, so we can attack Chang An from the South?

As I know its really hard to access/attack JingBei from the North and even from the South, Jiang Xia is hard to access from the east. So could you edit the map to make it more realistic? Its a reason why 4 Jingnan districts are independent from Jingbei.

Last edited by Minn; August 05, 2018 at 07:58 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post
    Thank Gigantus and Seether for your great mod. I've read around the forum and I have something to say.
    I think the dynasty name of Chen Clan should be Han, because Liu Chong is member of Han Family. The name of Han Xian Di should be Liu Xie. Han Xian Di (Emperor Xian of Han) is the title given after his death.
    Good suggestion. Both are being changed for the next update.

And could you remove Di Du Settlement? or at least make it a castle-gate like Tong Guan, so we can attack Chang An from the South?
    Didu is unreachable, and borders were redrawn around it (while also making it much smaller), but it has to remain so the rebel faction can always have at least one settlement.

As I know its really hard to access/attack JingBei from the North and even from the South, Jiang Xia is hard to access from the east. So could you edit the map to make it more realistic? Its a reason why 4 Jingnan districts are independent from Jingbei.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Jiangxia (which is now a district of modern Wuhan) was a part of Jingbei and lay on the south-east side of a narrow stretch of the Yangtze. It was hard to access from the east because it lay in a major bend of the Yangtze (which encompassed the west and north), while a quagmire of lakes, streams and swamps encircled the city and protected it from the south and east.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

The rebel faction does not need a settlement to survive.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

For scripts and vnvs But also for the Han Emperor if not an active faction.
    Last edited by Seether; August 05, 2018 at 11:45 AM.

This mod is amazing!! Does anybody have siege attack strategies? The ways the walls are structured requires a new approach. Also are the walls meant to be indestructible? My siege units can target then but make no impact on the % damage to the wall. I even tried the "Jericho" cheat to bring down the wall and it read 100% damaged but was still in tact.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Correct, the walls cannot be destroyed. Also, there are no “siege units”; if you read their description, it states that they are all field artillery and cannot destroy walls.

Didu is unreachable, and borders were redrawn around it (while also making it much smaller), but it has to remain so the rebel faction can always have at least one settlement.
    The rebel faction does not need a settlement to survive.
    I think have one rebel settlement in middle of the map is somewhat... uncomfortable.
    Could you make a script that if LiuBei is non-player then they will start campaign at YongAn? Its really unreal if LiuBei couldn't conquer Shu.

They've explained why they don't do that. However, I do wonder if there would be a way to do so after the AI Lui Bei faction died, even if the player isn't Cao Cao.

Also, the balancing is most definitely different now with Sun Clan's enemies being cut up into 3, but in all my games AI Sun Clan get demolished. Is that intentional?

Wow 2.1 looks Nice! When will You release the new version? And i Hope You have planed something for Liu Bei... From what i have seen we all want to see him in jing province. .. Maybe do something like If his faction is destroy to have an event that puts him and all his retainers plus Zhuge Liang and Pang Tong in xin ye togheter with 5/6 armies so he can conquer jing. This to happen only If You are playing with another faction... Or maybe something like destroy Liu Bao and replace him with Liu Bei ) It would Be awesome to play as Cao Cao to put Sima Yi vs Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by MilesNDavis View Post
    They've explained why they don't do that. However, I do wonder if there would be a way to do so after the AI Lui Bei faction died, even if the player isn't Cao Cao.

Also, the balancing is most definitely different now with Sun Clan's enemies being cut up into 3, but in all my games AI Sun Clan get demolished. Is that intentional?
    I've seen that to. I am playing as Liu Bei and i helped Cao Cao faction and Sun clan to grow because they are so useless. Especially Sun Clan... They got stomped by Liu Yao and jingnan... Maybe give them one more army in the start or something... I Hope the changes in v2.1 will help them

I usually see the Sun Clan take Moling and then (I'm assuming) Yangzhou sues for peace, at which point the Sun Clan heads west against Jingzhou and/or Jingnan. They have been given more units, and already have a better economy, better generals and (theoretically) have greater recruitment potential than the other three combined Jiangdong factions. Can't give the Sun Clan an overly massive army, otherwise a human player starting in that area would get steamrolled. Maybe we need to look at a more aggressive CAI?

In regard to Liu Bei going to either Jing or Shu after defeat in the east, I talk about that in one of my first updates and other posts in this thread. Also, bear in mind, being a horde would not affect the issue, as we cannot direct where the Liu Clan would move and/or attack. If it came to scripting, there is the entire issue with which characters would still be alive, spawn points, targets, which AI factions are alive, family trees, when it comes into effect depending on what factions the player is playing as, and a host of other related issues.

On another note, Han Sui is being split from Ma Teng. Both will also be placed in historically accurate positions on the map.

I think a horde Lui Clan faction would be fantastic. Lui Bei did not have to go south, it was just the best place to go at that moment. I've found as playing as Lui Bei that sometimes taking on Liang is actually quite doable and fun. It would also create some chaos for player Cao Cao, as the last thing you want is generals like Guan Yu and Zhang Fei roaming around with near full stack armies.

Nice! I am glad Sun family is doing good in the recent version. One of my fondest memories of an old playthrough as Cao Cao was a massive defeat, ironically, near red cliffs. I had Cao Pi and Xiahua Dun leading the "royal armies" and got ambushed and massacred by Sun Ce and Sun Quan. They had many crossbows and cav, while my army was made for siege battles and defensive pitch battles. Dun died distracting Sun Quan long enough for Pi to get away, but both Sun brothers survived, and they pushed hard on me for 20~turns, only to over stretch and crumble.

Han Sui being separated is amazing! Now the Ma family won't be as dominate as they mostly can be, and players can roleplay han sui's "betrayal." Awesome.

v2.1 will be made available for download in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    v2.1 will be made available for download in a few days
    Great news, Seether. With v2.1 the South will be more interesting to play.

The Version 2.1 Update is now live. Also, the FAQ has been updated with information regarding a few of the new factions.

Congrats on 2.1 going live. Guess im restarting my cao cao game. Looking forward to trying this out!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Seether is going so fast that I'd wait for 2.2 lol.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I have a great mentor in Gigantus

Playing as Chen, here are a few observations after 75 turns:

1) The Sun clan managed to eliminate Yangzhou, East Wu and Yue. They vassalized Yangzhou on turn 3 and a truce was declared with East Wu because of that. Then, around turn 20-something, war broke out between the Sun Clan and Yangzhou/East Wu. Moling/Jianye was captured in a few turns, then after another 20 or so turns they finally conquered Wu. Around turn 65 war was declared with Yue, with the Sun clan taking Huiji on turn 72. Because of these wars, they have not expanded into the southern reaches, allowing Jingnan to do so with no opposition.

2) Cao clan has been pretty merciless to their neighbors. They vassalized Yanzhou before turn 10, then conducted wars against Liu Clan, Liang, Nanyang and Qingzhou. With periods of truces over the course of 75 turns, the Cao clan eliminated Liu clan and Yanzhou, and have a dozen stacks beating down on Qingzhou. They also took Luyang from Nanyang and Luoyang from Liang. They control Liyang (due to a rebellion against the Yuan clan), north of the Yellow River, and look poised to take the war to Yuan Shao.

3) The north has been pretty interesting. The Heishan and Youzhou usually keep the Yuan clan in check fairly well, but Liaodong attacked Youzhou from the east. Youzhou was destroyed, with Liaodong taking most of their settlements. The Yuan clan thus began to overwhelm the Heishan and vassalized Henan, then attacked Liaodong. Heishan is down to 3 settlements, while Liaodong is being steadily beat back to Korea.

4) The west has been a toss-up between Gansu, Xiliang, Liang and the Wudoumi Sect. Gansu at first appeared to have the edge, taking Wuwei, Tianshui and Jieting, while Xiliang took Baishui Pass and San Pass. Wudoumi got involved and took both passes from Xiliang, as well as Wudu. Liang then took Jieting and Nanan from Gansu. A stalemate ensued, with no territories switching hands for at least 2 dozen turns. Not until I showed up in the south, taking Changan, Chencang and Anding, did the stalemate break.

5) Jiaozhou needs more starting units. After taking Yulin, they lost it in a few turn to a small Nanman army and never attempted to get it back. They then became vassals of Jingnan, allowing the latter to expand unchecked. Definitely need to do some rebalancing in this region.

6) Nanyang originally did fairly well. They took Luyang, Xinye and Xincheng, but they then got involved in a war with the Cao clan, which I took advantage of and eliminated them. Jingzhou came to their aid and declared war on me, but I was able to grind them down as well. Without my involvement, I believe Jingzhou can be a good counter to Jingnan for control of Jing province, while Nanyang can stand against the Wudoumi Sect in the west and Huainan/Cao Clan in the east.

7) Ba-Shu and the Nanman were at war for quite some time, with Zhuti and Jianwei switching hands several times. After a truce was declared, Ba-Shu decided to go north and vassalized Xiliang. The Nanman have been content holding their original lands, plus Zhuti and Yulin.