Quote Originally Posted by a-woowie.doowie View Post
Hi! I've got a few questions and some minor suggestions as well.

Questions
  • I've been searching around a lot using the search-engine for some kind of explanation regarding potential and so on. It seems to work differently for generals than it does for admirals. It seems as if when an admirals potential reduces, he's able to gain another command star through increased riverine combat. However I have not noticed any difference in for example 'Leadership', 'Strength' etc. when it comes to my generals. Which makes me wonder if even is a way to improve these traits(that is 'Leadership', 'Acumen' and 'Strength') or if they are firm base stats for a general. Otherwise potential seem to be spent on the ability to command different types of units(cavalry, infantry etc.), for example Chengdu has a building which supposedly improves infantry command. Does a change from let's say 'Basic' to 'Adept' require a potential point?
  • What effect does academies, great schools and imperial college have besides the law bonus as well as the conversion multiplier? Since there doesn't seem to be any vanilla traits and ancillaries, I'm guessing they don't have the same character-evolvement purpose like in vanilla RTW and M2TW.
  • I asked this in another thread, but realised later on that this seem to be the right place to ask this question. Am I, as the Liu clan, depending on the Sun clans survival for the mission series to continue, given that Zhuge Liangs 'Longzhong plan'(spelling?) states that I'm supposed to ally with them. Will eliminating the Sun clan result in consequences for the mission series or am I able to simply wipe them out without any problem?
Potential, Attributes, etc.: Potential is actually something I am going to rework in the future so that it has a more solid foundation and is more easily accessible. But, yes, improving specific types of attribute levels costs potential... As far as the Strength, Leadership, etc. attributes and the "places of learning," please check out this thread. I have not only reworked them entirely, but also added text to the building so that players know exactly what can be upgraded at each specific building and what the thresholds are... Those buildings you mentioned don't do anything other than the bonus(es) you mentioned. "Training" a character has been moved to the buildings in the link I just provided... I answered in the other thread already but, no, the Sun clan does not actually play any role in the progress of that mission line.

Suggestions
  • Assassins. Honestly I do realise their historical value and that they were a present threat. However I feel that it takes a lot out of the mod with the use of assassins. This mod is generally based around certain characters and their stories/journeys. Playing with these characters is very interesting and for me, who like a degree of role-playing, I try to use them as historically as possible(based on their biography-trait, since I really do not have any real knowledge about this part of the world during this era). Since playing with these characters is what I mostly look forward to when getting new historical characters(through completing the wonderful mission-series made for the Liu clan), I get a real "turn-off" when I see that the characters die through assassinations. I feel so turned off that I, in fact, exit the game the desktop and restart it from my last save the previous turn. This however is a tedious task as well as it is to clean out 4-5 assassins every 3-4 turns. I do recognize that people think differently and some even like the assassination-aspect of the game. I'm not sure which mod, I want to say that it was Call of Warhammer, which used a dialog-screen in the beginning of the campaign which gave the choice whether to enable/disable assassins in the game. Something of the sort should be implemented in the future since not only is the assassination percentage too low for human-player assassins to be of any real impact. I had a 10(14 when calculated) subterfuge assassin, try to target an enemy general only to see that the highest percentage I could find(despite being alone and in the open) was 13% of success. The AI however spams assassins and will from time to time luck out, to my personal frustration.
    So in short: My suggestion is to add said choice to enable/disable assassins.
  • I read somewhere that a person is unable to become allied with a faction despite not being in war with their ally or vice versa. I believe this could be fixed through the use of a script that were used in TATW, where I believe the script worked in a way that it would nullify all relations and diplomatic agreements(including the state of being at war) with eliminated factions, thus removing the problem of "being ally with a dead faction which was at war with a living faction".

I realise that many of my suggestions would take time and asking for permission to use scripts and whatnot, some of them might not even be possible. Other than these and some few minor things this mod feels pretty much complete in comparison to other mods. That this is supposedly a beta-version baffles me to the extent of drooling amazement in the wait for the final product! A wonderful and beautiful mod that gives a great insight to this period and place. If this mod keeps up on this course, the full version will be nothing short of a masterpiece!

I humbly thank you for this mod and I curse you for the hours it will keep me from doing more important stuff!
/A-Woowie.Doowie
I agree about assassins, but I need to talk to Gigantus. I think they should be in-game for sabotage, but perhaps the better thing to do would be to limit the number of assassins per faction to 1 instead of banning assassinations. I will also talk to Gig about the script you mentioned.

Thank you very much for your input and suggestions.