Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Can we have a short preview of Goguryeo?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I couldn't edit my comment but I misunderstood the term "retinues" for ancillaries.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Deserk View Post
    These things in the list changes for v3.0 sound pretty awesome even better with a new faction, new missions, and more. I love it!
    I want to add few things that remind you just in case if you missed.

-Have you complete the picture of every unit with "background"?
    Except for some rebel-exclusive units, yes. We should catch any we missed in beta testing.

-I was hoping maybe if you or your teammates could possibly make few more historic retinues like common weapons, armors, shields, and items. If not, I'll understand. (Forgive me bec I am still stubborn about the retinues)
    We won't be making any more ancillaries. If someone wants to create a submod that does such, they are free to do so.

-Lastly, I have noticed that factions overproduced their units and wandering all over the map without attacking their enemies unintentionally . Does that related to the fix from SkyNET AI to SavageAI?
    Partially the CAI, partially region boundaries. Sometimes the AI does stupid stuff that you can't control or fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Can we have a short preview of Goguryeo?
    You can get a mini preview; check the Official Mod Preview thread.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

FYI, today we are starting on our official 2 week beta testing for v3.0

CHRISTMAS RELEASE

Yep. I'm making sure it is released before Christmas

Been getting reports of random CTDs on the campaign map and, yes, it has happened to me as well. We are looking into it, but it appears that it is tied to the "graphics" error when first playing the mod, as noted at the end of the install instructions. It is recommended that your very first campaign be a "throwaway" - play it with understanding that it may randomly CTD on the campaign map and you will need to discard the campaign. If/when you come across the CTD issue, start a new campaign and the issue "should" go away - I say "should" because my subsequent campaigns have not crashed. On Steam, Medieval II was updated to the "Definitive Edition" between our v2.3.003 and v3.0, and that may play a part in the problem. Regardless, we are currently looking into the issue.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I recommend to to set the executable (kingdoms.exe\medieval2.exe) to admin run and in win 7 mode. How to do so is described here.

The definitive edition didn't patch a thing.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    A patch (3.0.003) is available to fix the crash that happens between round 5 and 7 (missing ground textures)

Hello guys and merry christmas!!

i have to point some thins from my recent campaign with liu clan... the missions are close to impossible and i will say why...

1. The Sun clan are expanding to fast...i am in turn 27 ... with hard fought battles and struggles i managed to conquer Xinye , Wenchang and Fancheng... And the SUN have pacified the south conquering all( except jingzhou and jingaan) and are now in war with jingaan .... There is no possible way that i could conquer all of northern jing in time...The sun have so may armies they will destroy everything.... So my missions are screwed .... Can we please make something...? to let Sun have fewer money or i don't know... You helped Sun expand faster but now you destroyed the Liu clan missions... There is no way you could be that fast in conquering all jing and jingaan in 30- 35 turns...if you don't do it in that time the Sun will take it all..... Only if you cheat and i don't like that...
    2. My diplomats are so ussles ... the other factions refuse to make deals with me regardless of how they view me... with Chen i am very good and they refuse all my calls for alliance... i even offered 5000 and alliance but they still refused. I have to offer them many gifts and the result is still negative... when i try to sell them my cities in my current campaign all refuse even if i offer them very low selling prices....( 8000 for Pei wtf...) I like it to be hard level but not impossible ....
    3. pang tong spawn is so bad... I mean there is no way that i can help him...and he will die due to the continues attack by the huinan.... in my current campaign i was lucky that he retreated in my territory but this was after 5-6 times i tried to save him somehow( hired mercenaries and tried to hide him but...failed) in my 7 time( i relodead the campaign time and time again) after a defeat he retreated all the way to fancheng .... but only by luck...please make him spawn near xinye or something otherwise he is as good as dead...

this playing on hard/very hard( for battles) difficulty ... As i said i like it to be hard but not that hard... if someone has managed to successfully complete the Liu campaign please do tell... And please do something in a future patch to help them a bit... the only way that i can succeed with them is to remain east.... and i don't want that... i want to have all the coll generals... but now is impossible because at hard difficulty campaign i bet no one can complete them.... Only because of some lucky chance....

PS: i even try to give a lot of money to the enemies of sun but they failed....

Can you please look it up... And if anyone has some ideas on how to make the missions for liu work again...

You should lower battle difficulty to hard, challenge will be the same but u can manage less cassualties that will bring much good on campaign overall. It's true that early expansion for Sun Clan can be rapid but nothing unrealistic. I've played full Yuan Shao campaign on Very Hard and on turn 80 Sun Ce still fighting with Jingzhou and Jingnan. Diplomacy is well balanced with recent patches, just try harder

You’re using the word impossible way too much.

I’ll look for a way to make the beginning of the missions easier, especially so you can get semi-established and aren’t (possibly) at war with multiple factions right off the bat. But I notice you said you captured Wancheng; that was probably a lot of time and manpower, that could have instead been used against Jingzhou, for something not needed or required for the missions.

In regard to the Sun Clan, you are overstating their power by sort of implying they are invincible or something. While most of the time they conquer all of the Jiangdong factions (which they should), before heading against the Shanyue and Jing factions, in quite a few play throughs they either failed to destroy Yue and got bottled up in Jiangdong or they got a lot of pushback from Jingzhou, Jingbei, Jiaozhou and the Shanyue. Other times they unite Jiangdong and seriously start pushing into Jing province (but not conquering it at turn 30). Not all playthroughs are going to be the same. Plus, if you are fighting one of their main rivals (Jingzhou), that is obviously going to help the Sun clan out.

In regard to diplomats and diplomacy, I’m not sure what you expect. If a deal is good for you, but not for them, don’t be confused why they declined your offer. 8000 may sound like a good price for a city, but is it (see what I say about Chen below)? You have to understand that alliances were a very rare thing in this era and I only know of just a couple of them in over 100+ years. The enemy of your enemy isn’t always your friend, in that you helping them could make your “ally” stronger than you. Plus, in Medieval 2, allies are almost obligated to help you militarily (or at the very least not attack you) in a time when everyone was trying to win it all. I’m also assuming you were at war, which would affect the above decision, as I think your new ally would then become embroiled in a war they might want to get involved in. With that in mind, and the fact that money is very easy to come by, 5000 wuzhu for an alliance isn’t a very good offer for what it entails. And offering Chen to sell them Pei (or anything in Xuzhou) isn’t really in their best interests either, as they would be spread out and their lands not contiguous; land isn’t land, as they have to be able to defend it. I can look at the diplomacy file and possibly tweak aspects, but not promising anything.

In regard to Pang Tong, I never moved his spawn point after adjusting the Jingbei borders, so that’s an easy fix.

Ok! There are a lot of people who play this mode... Who has succeded in completing the liu clan missions? Or lets do this... i dare you to try to complet the liu clan missions on hard difficulty) aftet share your thoughts

Yes. Lui clan missions might be one of the easiest out of them all, Sun Clan you can misstep and make one too many enemies. The southern borders especially you can expect 2-4 stacks of "friendlies" looking to move in

Cao Cao though... that is probably one of the rougher ones. If you dont make an alliance and/or at least trade with Lui Bei and RUSH Lu Bu (like he did historically) you will quickly find yourself surrounded by too many powers. On VH/VH, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan13 View Post
    Ok! There are a lot of people who play this mode... Who has succeded in completing the liu clan missions? Or lets do this... i dare you to try to complet the liu clan missions on hard difficulty) aftet share your thoughts
    I will complete this missions on Very Hard if you promise to send some money for charity

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Hehehe, I'm still training myself to be able to finish a campaign

The final update(?) has been made, but not yet released, which will address the first Liu Clan mission and some other minor issues. Gig will probably wait a few days to make an installer, just in case something else pops up.

Oh, and I almost forgot, please visit our modDB page and leave a rating and review.
    Last edited by Seether; December 26, 2018 at 11:08 AM.

As an FYI, there will be one more patch coming out in the next few days. It won't be save-game compatible, so I would suggest not getting to deep into a campaign in the meantime.

Please check unit descriptions and pictures, as I remember from clean 3.0 some missing from Shanyue and Shu.