Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

I previously found missing unit info pics for Zhanghan Guard and Warriors of the Passes, and missing description for Shanyue Ravagers.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I previously found missing unit info pics for Zhanghan Guard and Warriors of the Passes, and missing description for Shanyue Ravagers.
    Exactly this! I just forgot names.

On Liu Bei's second mission there's quite a few spelling mistakes in the text's and a sentence that doesn't make sense in the text during the third visit.

Patch 3.0.030 is now live and available for download!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Finally time for a Yuan campaign
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I am doing a Yuan campaign, currently fighting the caoclan, have already killed cao cao and cao ang. But I noticed that AI cao cao never tries hard to conquer puyan (capital of lu bu). Thus the cao clan does not get zhang ba and zhan liao making it easier for me. ALso it is worth asking, how do you kill yuan shu in 1 turn to get rewarded income? Last thing, shouldnt Yuan Tan get title of Inspector of Qing Province, while Yuan Xi gets inspector of Yang Province and Yuan Shang get Inspector of Ji Province?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Shingen View Post
    I am doing a Yuan campaign, currently fighting the caoclan, have already killed cao cao and cao ang. But I noticed that AI cao cao never tries hard to conquer puyan (capital of lu bu). Thus the cao clan does not get zhang ba and zhan liao making it easier for me.
    If they were fighting against multiple factions they may not have had the manpower to do so, as they would be attacking/defending multiple areas as opposed to just one front against Lu Bu. When I play I usually leave them alone and, in time, they eventually overwhelm Lu Bu with shear numbers. I mean, you fighting against them and killing their leader and heir definitely took their focus and armies away from eliminating Lu Bu. Plus, they do have some of the era's best generals in Cao Ren, Yue Jin, Xiahou Yuan, Xu Chu, and Xu Huang, so they're not without claws when not supported by Zhang Liao and Zang Ba.

ALso it is worth asking, how do you kill yuan shu in 1 turn to get rewarded income?
    The mission will say you failed, but you don't really fail; it is a false message that you can ignore. Once Yuan Shu is killed, you will get an event saying you succeeded and receive the reward.

Last thing, shouldnt Yuan Tan get title of Inspector of Qing Province, while Yuan Xi gets inspector of Yang Province and Yuan Shang get Inspector of Ji Province?
    They all get those titles eventually (Governor = Inspector); except Yuan Xi is Youzhou, not Yangzhou.

Yes but vast majority of the generals will stay hauled up in a city or a pass. Also, yes it was Youzhou my bad.

Very true, and I assume Medieval 2 behaves that way because it prioritizes city defense and development over commanding armies. I'm not sure if the AI behavior can be modified to the contrary.

To my knowledge you can alter what a faction prioritizes - it's very.... bland. "Naval focus" or "Economy Focus" etc. However I do believe that is how "specific" it gets lol.

Correct, you can adjust their “personality” in descr_strat and prioritize specific aspects of a factions building and recruitment behavior, but certain behaviors (like garrisoning generals) are pretty much outside of our influence.

Foederatus

Hi
    I am now playing as Yuan clan. I really like missions and other flavour. What i noticed is that Yuan gets really wealthy pretty early. Im around turn 20 and i own Ji, You, Qing, Bing and also Puyang and part of Xuzhou. I have like 10 armies but im still making like 30000 per turn. I noticed trade income is massive for example Nanpi is making in trade around 3400 and overall 6000. I guess i shouldnt have rushed so early but its kinda tempting as Yuan clan.

When settlements start getting to large and huge size, you'll see that trade income decrease sharply.

Foederatus

Ok thanks. I also tried liu campaign and noticed cao is finally pretty agressive so finally i can wait for cao cao to conquer north and then do longzhong plan. Which i actually did in an old version when there was no anti stack spam script. Was pretty interesting beating like 100 armies

Would it be possible to know all the feats for all the characters? Like is there a list someonewhere or something and how to trigger them?

There is no list with the unique feats, however you can check them out in two separate files.

1) Go to data/text/export_vnvs.txt and search for "GaoShun1101" - that is the start of the unique feats. Just scroll down to find the character/trait you are looking for. With the numbers after the character name, similar numbers go together, with the last number being a different "level" of the feat. So MaShu1101, MaShu1102 & MaShu1103 are all a part of the same trait/feat, while MaShu1201, MaShu1202 & MaShu1203 are all a part of another trait/feat.

2) Go to data/export_descr_character_traits.txt and search for the traits to find their triggers. You must make the last number a "0", so to find the triggers for GaoShun1101/2/3 you have to search for "GaoShun1100". The first result will be the actual levels for the trait/feat, so you have to search below that first first result. The next result should be the triggers, and you will see the triggers for GaoShun1100 are this:
    Code:
    ;------称号--特技--名作--------------------------------
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-5
        WhenToTest PostBattle
        Condition Trait GaoShun1100 = 3
              and PercentageUnitCategory infantry < 70
        Affects GaoShun9100  100  Chance  100
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-4
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition Trait GaoShun1100 = 3
              and PercentageUnitCategory infantry < 70
        Affects GaoShun9100  100  Chance  100
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-3
        WhenToTest PostBattle
        Condition Trait Lz-0402-0 >= 1
              and Trait GaoShun1100 = 2
              and PercentageUnitCategory infantry > 80
        Affects GaoShun1100  100  Chance  100
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-2
              and PercentageUnitCategory infantry > 80
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-1
        Affects GaoShun1100  100  Chance  40
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-01
        WhenToTest PostBattle
        Condition Trait GaoShun1100 = 1
              and WonBattle
              and BattleSuccess = crushing
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-02
        WhenToTest  PostBattle
              and WonBattle
              and BattleSuccess = clear
        Affects GaoShun1100  20  Chance  100
    Trigger J-0402-GaoShun-1100-03
              and not FactionIsLocal

The download link for MediaFire part 4 is down. Hopefully I’ll have it back up in the next few hours.

Part 4 download link is now fixed. However, the part2.D01 file from that download now comes in a zip, as MediaFire, for some reason, would not let the file itself be uploaded like the others. So the extra step of part2.D01 needing to be extracted into the same directory as the other download files is needed. The install instructions have been edited to reflect such.
    Last edited by Seether; January 28, 2019 at 06:16 AM.

Because MediaFire is being dumb, and we didn't want to add an extra step to install for only just one file, all 5 files for the base 3.0 version will now be in a single zip file and must be extracted prior to running the installers.