Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

That was the strategic importance of Fancheng: it was the gateway to Xiangyang from the Central Plains and attack possibilities were limited. When Cao Cao went after Liu Bei and the latter fled south, Bowangpo (near Fancheng) became a well-known battle because of Zhang Fei’s rearguard action and blocking of the Cao army. Similarly, when Guan Yu conducted his attacks north, after taking Xiangyang he had to take Fancheng from Cao Ren in order to continue north.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan13 View Post
    Ok Ok I understand. I have another question... Why have you remade the terrain near Xinye? i can't go south directly i have to go through Fancheng. it limits the possibilities of attack in that area... also in the east you blocked the way to Chen faction... It limits the attack directions of my enemies and also my attack options... I love to have open map so my enemies and i can find new ways of attack... now i don't have to worry anymore or to plan to much my next move because i have only to options... Could you share the reasons behind this change?
    The map portrays how the importance of strategic positions that are so prevalent in the Three Kingdoms period.

Yes guys i understand but Xinye was more important before. It was the gateway to Jing province and the defense was more imporant. Before i had to build forts and watch towers to watch my neighbors. I could be attacked from Chen, Nanyang and Yuan Shu. The region was bloody and i had to keep it at any cost if i did not wanted my enemies to be a threat for my other cities. Now Xinye only purpose is to protect me from Nanyang and to protect Fancheng. I don't care about it very much because i could retreat and be safe. The challange was grater before and Xinye more important. Open borders means more possibilities more things to consider more strategy in defending and more opportunities in attacking... Now the city is so cornered ... And my interactions with Chen almost non existing. Before the defence of this region was top priority because it was the key gateway! By changing the terrain you left us with fewer decisions to be made.... If you play any of these factions you will see the difference. Before open space in this area was more fun. You could always find yourself invaded or lunch surprise attacks.Now in my eyes that region lost its importance and i am sure may Liu Clan players feel the same ..I hope you will revert this in a later patch...PLEASE RECONSIDER!!

I understand your thoughts, but Xinye wasn’t really ever “the gateway” to Jing; that should have always been Fancheng, with Xinye to a lesser degree. The reason Xinye saw so much action before was because the original RTW borders were a bit screwy. In addition to that, Yuan Shu (when you consider his territory boundaries) shouldn’t be attacking Jing from the north; he should attack from the east. Only factions to the north of Xinye (Nanyang, Chen, etc.), that border Xinye, should be attacking from the north. And look at it this way: before Yuan Shu and others could come in and hit any settlement in Jing, even if you controlled Xinye and Fancheng. Now the interior cities are protected if Fancheng/Xinye and Shangxu are controlled, as was the case historically.

As a side note, Wancheng is a part of Jing province.
    Last edited by Seether; October 06, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

I actually meant to bring this up before, but then they changed the region. When I first started playing this mod I was quite surprised that Fencheng wasn't a major focus on the map- in both the novels and historical documents it's practically every other line that says "this man wished he had control over Fencheng" lmfao. It does limit the "possibilities" I suppose... but I have found the Ai to now really defend that area more and making it a true necessary site to take over before invading in or out of the central plains.

I have a question about fortified pass. Why can't i replenish or upgrade units having the right buildings to do it? It shows me that I can do it but clicking on units to replenish or upgrade, they go on recruitment chain not with a green background but a grey one.

I believe that is because the unit recruitment hasn't "replenished" within the settlement to be able to retrain a depleted unit. The fortified passes have low replenishment rate and, unlike cities, once a building is constructed the particular units can not immediately be retrained; you must wait a few turns for the unit(s) to replenish within the settlement before being able to retrain a depleted unit.

The problem is that there are no recruitment slots to do the replenishing in. Without any slots, the order cannot complete, though the order can be given. Upgrading, retraining and replenishment are still a form of recruitment, so slots are still required, and Fortified Passes have none by default and gain none from any building.
    Last edited by Bloodly; October 13, 2018 at 06:11 PM.

I’ll take a look at it and address in the next patch... which should be soon.

One thing i have to ask you...Can you please change the model for Yuan Shao or Gao Gan? They have the same model in campaign map ...And it's a bit confusing )

Sure. If there isn’t an appropriate existing strat model to switch him to, we’ll probably just have him use the default general model.

EDIT: Aside from their helmet and face, they were exactly the same. What I did was recolor both a bit to make them look noticeably different. Will be in the next patch.
    Last edited by Seether; October 16, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

I just discovered this mod this week, and I'm loving it. I hope you continue to work on it.
    I wish I could find some lets-play campaigns of this mod, on YouTube...but my choices seem rather limited atm...Do you know of any complete(d) episodes I could watch?
    PS:I conquered Liang's(sic) capital, which is shown at the opening of the campaign, (as the Wudunami(sic)), and I guess I expected some kind of message giving me the choice to "manipulate the Emperor, or "create my own dynasty."..but nothing ever happened. I have not fully defeated the Liang(sic) clan so...maybe that's the cause?

There were quite a few done in 2014 and prior to that, however none recently. The last Let's Play, that I'm aware of, was of version 1.4 or 1.5. I only returned to modding earlier this year, and the mod is much, much different now than it was when I left it years ago, so any of the Let's Plays of the older version are no longer representative (for the most part) of what the mod is now. We are actually releasing our last update (v2.3.000) in a few days, with our final version of the mod (v3.0) being released probably early next year.

You will be given that option, but only after gaining more power. The turn after capturing Changan (where the Emperor resides) you should get a message about being the "Imperial Guardian"; no need to fully defeat Liang (or whatever faction previously held Changan). Your faction leader should also be given the Imperial Guardian trait. After conquering more settlements you will eventually be given a choice to either support the Emperor or supplant him and form your own dynasty. If you choose to support you will be promoted; supplant obviously makes you the Emperor of a new dynasty (plus associated things for your generals). If you choose to support the Emperor and conquer more settlements, you will again be offered the choice to support or supplant twice more. There is a bit more to it than that, but that's the gist of how it works.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Thank You, Seether.
    Yes, that seems to be the case with the Youtube results I'm getting as well. As pertains to the capital script; it looks like everything is working as intended then. Man I love the look of your units, the settlement maps, the voice-overs, ect. Glad your back at it. I too, take a break from this game from time-time. So, you are allowed.

I appreciate it. Thank you very much

The new version 2.3.000 Patch, and the 2.3.001 Hotfix, are now live!

Big changes since I've been here, just downloaded and ready to go, I'm so excited

Edit: Got 3 crashes in same battle with Sun Clan vs Shanyue, dunno why
    Im on turn 45 and fought like 110 battles, also stack spam script seems to work but still there's huge amount of armies.
    Overall I really enjoy this ride.
    Last edited by gasas; October 24, 2018 at 02:56 PM.

Do battles seem, overall, more stable?

I’m going to need to tweak the amount of units allowed per settlement level in the script.

Fought 200 battles, 5-6 crashes happen only vs southern factions, but overall mod is stable.

Foederatus

In what file can i change ai agressivness and aliance holding?