Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Hello Seether! I was wondering, do I need to install the whole game again or just the patch #6? And are the patch included in the main download link if we want to reinstall the game or must we download the mod and then download all the patch because they are not included? Thanks!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

If you already have up to version 1.5 (Patch 5) installed, you only need to download/install Patch 6. I would also recommend the Unofficial 1.6 Hotfix found a few posts up from this one.

If doing a fresh install, you have to download/install the 3-part main files, then download/install Patch 4, 5 & 6, as well as the unofficial hotfix.

In the future Gig will have just one download/install - a v2.0 - so there won’t be any patches to download and install.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thank you a lot!

What's new coming with version 2.0?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Figure it out yet? He's another clue
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

TIME TO DESTROY ALL TRAITORS TO THE HAN
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Come vote for your two favorite AAR submissions in the MAARC LXXVI: Voting Thread.

Where will they be starting and how do they affect the "controlling the emperor" script?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Where will they be starting and how do they affect the "controlling the emperor" script?
    They will be playable from the start of the campaign. If the AI controls them, they will remain the same as in previous versions. But, if you select and play as them, an event will fire that will establish them as a faction centered on Changan.

If you play as the Han, anything related to "controlling the emperor" in those scripts will not happen. Factions can, however, still self-declare King/Emperor if they meet the prerequisites.

Good to know.

That sounds great, thank you for the input and also thank you for the link of the competition, giving a look right away!

Hello, new to the mod. As I couldn't find a FAQ thread, I think I will have to ask here. What are the optimal difficulties to play this mod in? After all, some mods, like EBII, make adjustments to unit stats and AI behavior that benefit the most out of lower difficulties, and I was wondering if it was the same here.

We don't really have a recommended difficulty for the mod, although I usually play on Hard/Hard. I'd say start there and play a campaign, then adjust accordingly.

How will the new Han faction aquire generals? Most factions start with a good selection, but from what I jus witnessed I see only 3 Generals. Not nearly enough to reclaim the Empire.

Those three shown with the Emperor are just those with unique strat models. If you opt to play as the Han, an event will trigger on the first turn giving them more generals.

potpot0893's Avatar Laetus

Hello Seether, Let me start by saying thank you to you and Gigantus and everybody who has worked and still working on this wonderful mod. This mod intruduced me to the three kingdoms era of China, I know I'm quite late in loving that era. The mod is really great and I'm addicted to it for a few weeks now, but I have a question why does Zhou Yu's battle model and strategy map model not the same? His model in the campaign map is really pretty and when it comes to the battles his model is quite bland and looks like he's from some of the minor factions? Quite minor I know but it kinda bugs me maybe the lack of red in the model, but either way that haven't stop me from playing the mod. Thank you guys for all of your hard work and may you and your team finish the mod as you envisioned it. Goodluck guys and really thank you.

Thank you very much! We appreciate your kind words and enjoyment of the mod!

As far as your question, Zhou Yu’s battle model is a port from the original RTW mod and I don’t believe it’s been touched. But, I’ll personally make sure it gets recolored for the upcoming 2.0 version.

If you haven't already voted in the AAR Competition, we have a tie for 2nd Place; check out this post by Caillagh de Bodemloze:

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    In other news, everyone is invited to join in the tie-break vote for second and third place in MAARC LXXVI. Head over to this voting thread, and let's see if we can have more voters for the tie-break than we did for the original competition! You only have seven days to vote, so don't delay!

The Official 1.6 Hotfix has been added to the download page.

It is essentially the previous Unofficial 1.6 Hotfix that also applies the fix to expanded.txt found in this post. If you already applied the fix to expanded.txt, then you do not need the Official Hotfix.
    Last edited by Seether; July 10, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

If you noticed that the Download thread is missing, there is a reason. We are up to something

Anticipation rises...