Thread: Sound bug (Sticky does not fix the issue)

Default Sound bug (Sticky does not fix the issue)

Just recently installed v5.0 via the steam workshop.

Despite adding the sounds_fixed.pack file to my data folder I am continuing to have the mixed sound bug where Bow's sound like guns. I've reinstalled the game, verified integrity cache, and re-applied the fix several times, but despite all of these the problem is continuing. The sticky is very dry of information regarding what you should do if the patch fails to fix the problem, so obviously I must be missing something here.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Default Re: Sound bug (Sticky does not fix the issue)

Do you have any other mods installed?? For the full version of the mod u need to remove the sounds_fixed.pack from the data folder completely if you are using mods that add units.

Mwulf's Avatar Civis

I'm having the same issue. Using just the Steam Workship version of the mod, and am not using any mods that add units (unless the DLC counts as unit-adding mods?).

What's weird is that it's random. For example, in the last battle I fought the enemy Bow Ashigaru all had cannon SFX, but my Bow Ashigaru had the correct SFX playing.
    "What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power, and those who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war--people who force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, sending them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war... mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?"
    -Yang Wen-Li

does anybody know where i can find a fix for the bows soundig like guns the provided link to the file is not working for me

Here's the mod for the fix that I found... but it is the exact same file that's found in the latest version.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-gun-sounds%29

I also have the world's loudest bows, and I would be very thankful if someone knows how to fix it.

Hello all,

I īm suffering from the same issue. My case is weird, I was using the steam edition, and I corrected the problem. Someday(recently), there was an update for Shogun game and PUMM! the mod didnīt work anymore. So I reinstalled the game, I downloaded the mod from this forum, I installed, I used the solutions for sound bug and... nothing.
    Iīm suspecting that the new update can affect someway to the sound solution.
    Maybe it is not relating....

It is important to notice that always I havenīt used more mods, just darthmod.
    Please, help!

can somebody give me a hand?

thank you!