Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • looks similar to preview

12 70.59%
  • looks close to preview

3 17.65%
  • looks far from preview

2 11.76%
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: :: RELAUNCH :: M2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (Version 2.2)

Default Re: M2:TW GEM - Summer Arrived (FINAL)

Hi, This is a very good mod. Looks great. I just have one problem. unbearable campaign map lag. Battles work fine. How can I fix this?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunnyOne1125 View Post
    Hi, This is a very good mod. Looks great. I just have one problem. unbearable campaign map lag. Battles work fine. How can I fix this?
    You might need to install/update your directX9

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    Hi LuciferHawk,

Quick question regarding anti-aliasing via Nvidia graphics. If I'm not mistaken, I believe anti-aliasing has to be turned off using Aestate. I would love to use AestateCineContrast, but I'm having trouble manually overriding the anti-aliasing settings from outside. From the Nvidia control panel, I change the Anti-aliasing mode to "Override any application setting." The Anti-aliasing setting is changed to 4x. In game, I have anti-aliasing turned off entirely. When I load a custom battle, the edges are still stair-stepped as though no anti-aliasing was applied. I can use in-game anti-aliasing with Realistic and it looks pretty good. I was just trying to get the same quality with Aestate. Since you use Nvidia graphics, and you clearly have smoother edges, can I trouble you in asking how I can properly institute anti-aliasing?

Edit: Referring specifically to TATW. I really like your screenshots. Basically, I'm asking how a dummy like myself can get my game to look like yours. I saw some attached preferences and effects files earlier in the thread, but they don't appear to be functional any longer.

Thanks!
    Fozzie

This is how I override the settings in M2:TW. It gives you still a different result than turning ingame antialiasing on 8x thats why for those who need it you still have the Setting "RealisticLight".

Last edited by Ganossa; August 01, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    You might need to install/update your directX9
    It is updated.

If this helps any its only when I try to move the campaign camera. If its "still" and I move an army around it works fine.
    Its only when I start to pan the camera that it lags.
    Thanks for the speedy response LuciferHawk.

Fozzie's Avatar Tiro

This is how I override the settings in M2:TW. It gives you still a different result than turning ingame antialiasing on 8x thats why for those who need it you still have the Setting "RealisticLight".
    Thanks. I may just have to use in game anti-aliasing. For some reason my units remain pretty rough-edged even with settings maxed out. I wasn't sure if there was something special that had to be done to M2TW in general that allowed external anti-alias override to work. It looks great even with RealisticLight. Great mod. I appreciate the work you've put into it.

Fozzie

"Wocka wocka wocka." ~Fozzie Bear

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

It is updated.

If this helps any its only when I try to move the campaign camera. If its "still" and I move an army around it works fine.
    Its only when I start to pan the camera that it lags.
    Thanks for the speedy response LuciferHawk.
    I am sure your directX11 is up to date but not directX9.
    You might also want to try turning off campaign map shadows. On what resolution you play?

You find directX9.0c in some older games from around 2006 if you have. I wanted to share the installer with you but I am not allowed to upload more than 10MB here.
    You get the right files if it is between 50MB - 60MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    Thanks. I may just have to use in game anti-aliasing. For some reason my units remain pretty rough-edged even with settings maxed out. I wasn't sure if there was something special that had to be done to M2TW in general that allowed external anti-alias override to work. It looks great even with RealisticLight. Great mod. I appreciate the work you've put into it.

Fozzie
    In the next patch I will provide you with some hardcore settings that resolve the problem and should give you smoother edges ingame.
    Last edited by Ganossa; August 01, 2013 at 02:38 AM.

I have just one question to ask now that you have finished this quest to improve he appearance of medieval 2.Do you drink, take drugs or never sleep to give yourself the time to work on this?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I have just one question to ask now that you have finished this quest to improve he appearance of medieval 2.Do you drink, take drugs or never sleep to give yourself the time to work on this?
    Just some Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, LSD, Ecstasy, Opium, Marijuana, Psilocybin Mushrooms, PCP and other sedatives, hypnotics and nacrotics.
    I never slept since I was created cause actually I am an android that tries to conquer the world with mods like this.

Resolution 1024 X 768 Tried turning shadows off, no luck. Im pretty sure I installed Direct X 9c. Unless the download wasn't good, do you think you could link me a good download for it?

Fozzie's Avatar Tiro

In the next patch I will provide you with some hardcore settings that resolve the problem and should give you smoother edges ingame.
    You're a saint!

"Wocka wocka wocka." ~Fozzie Bear

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Resolution 1024 X 768 Tried turning shadows off, no luck. Im pretty sure I installed Direct X 9c. Unless the download wasn't good, do you think you could link me a good download for it?
    Can you post the specs of your rig? It seems if you are running only 1024x768, thats part of the reason who have rough edges.

Lucifer correct me if I am wrong but...istn this mod for strong rigs?

@ Lucifer Hard core settings...OH YEAAAAHHHH. Bring it on, my rig can take it!!!!

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Sideshow: GEM for S2 and R2 will look like this (old GEM Settings applied to S2/R2 engine) // unedited pre-Alpha

Last edited by Ganossa; August 02, 2013 at 02:12 AM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

OMG! Lucifer as your nick clearly states, you bring us light! Thank you very much for this fantastic work!

I'm downloading now and ... what to say? ... you're a genius! +rep!

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    OMG! Lucifer as your nick clearly states, you bring us light! Thank you very much for this fantastic work!

I'm downloading now and ... what to say? ... you're a genius! +rep!
    Thanks! Hope you will like it in your own game.

Here is a preview on the new GEMRealisticMediterraneo Setting. It is edited but the feeling (color&light) of the scenery will remain the same:

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

dp
    Last edited by Ganossa; August 02, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Thanks! Hope you will like it in your own game.

Here is a preview on the new GEMRealisticMediterraneo Setting. It is edited but the feeling (color&light) of the scenery will remain the same:

we need this, i'm going on a 1 month vacation tomorrow and i'd like to go with that enb profile!!

PM me with it?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

AHHHH, I thought the new version was out... Waiting impatiently lol

I've just installed and tried out Gem for a few minutes in custom battle m2tw vanilla (VAnilla loads pretty fast so I used that for a quick test) I used AestateCineContrast.

I just wish it looked like a painting similar to the upcoming v5. I can just imagine what Med 2 would look like Dishonored style.
    炸鸡

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Thanks for the blooming tweak MrExpendable, here is the final result of the fusion! (and this is only AestateCineFusion):

Within the next hour lucifer....Wooooohooooooo, cant wait for this

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Within the next hour lucifer....Wooooohooooooo, cant wait for this
    Just making sure all settings work as intended (night battles, campaign map and so on)