17. You may not vote on this poll
  • looks similar to preview

12 70.59%
  • looks close to preview

3 17.65%
  • looks far from preview

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: :: RELAUNCH :: M2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (Version 2.2)

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Icon4 :: RELAUNCH :: M2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (Version 2.2)

This is a graphic enhancement mod for M2:TW

G. E. M.

(Advice: Before asking questions regarding bugs and installation/settings please read through the OP first)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Sep 03rd 2014, 13:00 PM: Added GEMv2.2-HD, added many features from R2, fps increase, higher quality.
    Apr 17th 2014, 07:08 PM: Added GEMv2.1.1-HD, added new value to adjust overdrawn shadows.
    Apr 17th 2014, 06:08 AM: Added GEMv2.1-HD, reworked HBO filter.
    Apr 10th 2014, 10:00 AM: Added GEMv2.0-HD, many new features from Rome 2 GEMv5.0 brought to ETW and dx9.
    Feb 09th 2014, 03:00 AM: Relaunch of M2:TW GEM with a brand new implementation. Enjoy!
    Aug 21st 2013, 06:10 AM: Added MII ft RII Setting
    Aug 13th 2013, 04:14 PM: Added HistoricalRetro v1.2, Fixed motionblur-problem for two settings.
    Aug 12th 2013, 03:46 AM: Added HistoricalRetro v1.1, which now includes the enhanced GEM Vanilla version.
    Aug 11th 2013, 08:56 AM: Added previews to all settings.
    Aug 10th 2013, 09:41 PM: For better versioning I devided the different settings. All settings are now in their released version 1.0.

(take screenshots with PrtScr)

1. Set the button (like F9) in STEAM configuration with which you want to take ingame screens
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Go into any STEAM game (X) and press that button (like F9) -- Screenshot (SX) will be taken
    3. Go into M2:TW and press "prt sc" -- Screenshot (SY) will be placed in you M2:TW main folder
    4. Open in STEAM the menu "View" -- "Screenshots" -- select game (X) screenshots
    5. Select "show on disk" -- copy the path (PX)
    6. Open the M2:TW screenhot (SY) in the M2:TW main folder with paint
    7. Overwrite screenshot (SX) at path (PX) with screenshot (SY) as JPG
    8. Go back to the screenshot view in STEAM and select "upload screenshot"
    9. Select "show online" -- click on the screenshot until it has original size -- right click on that picture and select "copy link address"
    10. Paste link address in twcenter post under option "insert image"

Videos

Featured Videos

GEM - SS6.4

GEM - T.A.T.W

GEM - DBM

GEM - UserPics

GEM - Graphics Enhancement Mod is a new shader collection (GEM) and a new injector (GEMFX) I implemented which also uses the SweetFX shader stack and is inspired by SweetFX/Enbseries to improve the look of TW-Games.

Before downloading these files, make sure to read the section License Agreements.

1: Download the
    file: (if link is "not working" do the following: right click on the link and use "save as", repeat that until it works -normally like 3 times-)
    <::> M2-TW-GEMv22-HD_installer.zip <::> >> (uses GEMFX) HD
    2: Unzip
    the installer file.
    3: Start
    the installer and point out the location to your Medieval II Total War folder (something like D:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\).

Attention:
    - If you get a sudden performance impact press the "pause" key of your keyboard to refresh the shader.
    - If you have problems starting the game with SweetFX, check here:http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?page_id=112.

You can further adjust your settings in the "GEM_settings.txt". Also check out the User-Defined-Settings from our users in the "Optional Files & User Settings" section.

To Uninstall:
    Simply delete the d3d9.dll from your M2:TW folder.

Shader Version: Version 2
    Battle Map Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Campaign Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Anti-Aliasing:turned on
    Texture Filtering: Anisotropic x 16
    V-sync: turned on
    Widescreen: turned off
    Unit Detail: Highest
    Building Detail: High
    Vegetation Detail: High
    Effects Detail: Highest
    Grass Detail: High
    Campaign Shadows: turned on
    Texture Quality: High
    Shadow Quality: Extreme
    Brightness: exactly 50%
    Bloom: turned on
    Reflection: turned on

My Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 570

NVIDIA Controle SETTINGS

In this section you will find the content of the default GEM_settings.txt. Do not worry cause the shader is complete itself and there will not be much for you to do in the current version.
    I suggest you to start the game with the default settings, check what you do not like and then find a value in this section which may help you.
    If there is something you want to have changed but cannot change with the following values, post it in this thread and I will try to help.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
    / Description /
    '------------------------------------------------------------/

Game: Win7, Win8 & DX9
    GEM version: 2.2
    Author: Luciferhawk
    Description: Here you can adjust your GEM-Settings.

These are the default settings for GEM 2.2

/ Choose effects /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_GEMHD 1 //[0 or 1] GEM : Applies basic GEMShader.
    #define USE_GEMHBO 0 //[0 or 1] GEM : Applies HBO like GEMShader.

/ GEM Graphic-Enhancement-Mod settings /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// -- GEM HD settings --
    #define GQuality 3 //[0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4] Adjust GEM Quality (performance hit on 2).
    #define SSAO 0 //[0 or 1] Applies SSAO like shadowing effect.
    #define GSceneDepth 1.04 //[1.00 to 2.00] Adjust Darkness of Scenery (standard 1.04) Higher -> darker.
    #define GShadowDepth 0.6 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust Darkness of Shadows (standard 0.80) Lower -> darker.
    #define GSat 0.95 //[0.00 to 1.00] Adjust GEM-Saturation (standard 0.95).
    #define GTBright 1.36 //[1.00 to 1.36] Adjust GEM-TextureBrightness (standard 1.26) Lower -> darker.
    #define GCBright 0.9 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust GEM-Contrast (standard 0.70) Lower -> darker.
    #define GBloom 0.195 //[0.00 to 1.00] Adjust GEM-Bloom effect blended into the final image (standard 0.165 or 195).
    #define GColorBoost 1 //[0 or 1] Applies color boost effect.

// -- GEM HBO settings --
    #define GHBOSharpRange 0.74 //[0.00 to 2.00] Width of HBO sharpening (standard 0.74).
    #define GHBOSharp 4.2 //[0.00 to 10.00] Amount of HBO sharpening (standard 3.0).
    #define GHBOBlur 0.18 //[0.00 to 1.00] Amount of HBO blur (standard 1.8).
    #define GHBOShift 2.95 //[0.00 to 5.00] Amount of HBO color shift (standard 2.95).

// -- GEM general settings --
    #define GaussStrength 0.17 //[0.00 to 1.00] Amount of blur effect blended into the final image.
    #define GDavinci 0 //[0 or 1] Applies painting effect to the final image.

// -- GEM optional settings --
    #define GEMBlur 1 //[0.00 or 1.00] Additional blur on the edges when pressing K
    #define GBlurPwr 395 //[300 to 600] Additional blur on the edges when pressing K (standard 395).
    #define GBlurRad 0.00585 //[0.00 to 1.00] Additional blur radius on the edges when pressing K (standard 0.00585).
    #define GBlurFocus 0.5 //[0.00 to 1.00] Additional blur focus position on the y-axis when pressing K (standard 0.5).

#define ExpEffects 1 //[0.00 or 1.00] All new effects like blur & ambiente lightning since GEMv4.2.2

// DO NOT UNCOMMENT THOSE LINES;;THEY ARE ACTIVATED ANYWAY
    // -- GEM advanced settings -- // only touch these values if you know what you are doing
    // key_toggle_GEMBlur = 75 //K
    // key_toggle_ExpEffects = 122 //F11

Older/Alternative GEM-Version (currently empty because of confusion)

With downloading this software you agree automatically to the two following license agreements:

SweetFX:
    (source)
    License agreement

The software available here from Guru3D.com/HardwareGuru.com are provided "as is" with no technical support. All software is to be used at your own risk; this site does not take any responsibility for any damage in whatever form or context.

The materials on this Website ("WEBSITE") are provided by the Guru 3D ("also 3DGuru, Guru3D.com, Guru3D.info and Hardwareguru.com") as a service to its users and may be used for informational purposes only.

You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the downloaded software except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.

All materials available here are provided "as is" with no technical support. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall this website be liable for any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages arising out of or relating to this license and or download. You agree to indemnify and hold this wesbite harmless from any and all damages, risk and liabilities.
    You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the the downloaded software is at your sole risk. By downloading, installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this LICENSE. If you do not agree to the terms of this LICENSE, do not download the SOFTWARE.

Go to CeeJay.dk (the creator of SweetFX), Boulotaur2024 (the creator of SweetFXNext), Boris Vorontsov (the creator of ENB), Alin L(for inspiring me),
    Mr.Expendable (Advanced Bloom), Fozzie (RealisticNoBlooms), ToonTotalWar & AirborneGuy (Beta Testing).
    Special thanks to FreedomDude for the OP-Design--Assets

Feel free to leave your comment!!

And post your favourit screen here!!!!

So others can get an idea of this mod
    >>Press "prt sc" to take screen which you can find in your M2:TW main folder<<

Last edited by Ganossa; September 02, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

Default Re: MW:TW Graphic Enhancement

I can't see the download link or the preview videos.

I still can't see the download link, can you put the URL?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

WIP I just set up this mod so give me time to adjust this page ENJOY now!
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: M2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod

It looks great! Is it save compatible ? Any issues in custom battles, campaign , anything ?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

It is 100% compatible to any mod, any save, any kind of game. It touches 0 content! All issues have been patched even before release, made sure of that the last few month!

::And post some good screens if you can::
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 08:48 AM.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Sir, it will require higher RAM or GPU?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

I have a N A S A computer but seriously with the current settings and files it should have no performance impact.

Only issue I noticed if you have just one graphics card is a performance impact if you do both, playing M2:TW and watching youtube or similar at the same time. But that might not be related to this mod.
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 09:09 AM.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Is there a way to add some sharpening with enb? I know that you can do it with FXAA but it doesn't work with M2

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Great mod !
    If i want it to use for TATW.. still the data into the MTW2 folder or into the TATW folder?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Is there a way to add some sharpening with enb? I know that you can do it with FXAA but it doesn't work with M2
    It is possible and I also added a little sharpening. The problem is if you add to much and also use lots of other effects the result is often ... rather not satisfying ...

Edit: I use a HDMI connection to my screen so results are different if you own a VGA screen. With VGA sharpening does not seem that strong.
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 09:38 AM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by knicolas2 View Post
    Great mod !
    If i want it to use for TATW.. still the data into the MTW2 folder or into the TATW folder?
    It applies to the M2:TW engine so automatically to all your mods. Place it into the MTW2 folder.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    It is possible and I also added a little sharpening. The problem is if you add to much and also use lots of other effects the result is often ... rather not satisfying ...

Edit: I use a HDMI connection to my screen so results are different if you own a VGA screen. With VGA sharpening does not seem that strong.
    How can I add a little more sharpening?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    How can I add a little more sharpening?
    Open effect.txt and try values for the variable: "SharpeningAmount"
    Changes in effect.txt have bigger impact so be careful with changing those values

Edit: You might want to see live changes so change in the .ini file:
    CyclicConfigReading=0 to CyclicConfigReading=1

And again changes in the effect.txt are strongly multiplied due to lots of effects on only one preprocess pass!
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Thanks, that file is new to me.

So I drop all this stuff in the EXE, not the Data folder right?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Right, in the main folder. Something like D:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War
    Where you also can find kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe

Just for SS6.4 you might need to drop the default.cfg in the mods\SS6.3 folder and overwrite the old one.
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

hi superb mod but my game is now very very laggy in the main screen and on the campaign map to...any ideas how to fix them ?

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    It is 100% compatible to any mod, any save, any kind of game. It touches 0 content! All issues have been patched even before release, made sure of that the last few month!

In it for the rep.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

hi superb mod but my game is now very very laggy in the main screen and on the campaign map to...any ideas how to fix them ?
    You get the most of this mod in battles so as long as they are fine for you!?
    I didnt heard about that problem yet, what mods do you use and what specs you have?

For now just hit shift+F12 and see if turning of effects help (you dont really need em on campaign map and main screen)

Edit:
    - shift+F12 toggles effects on/off
    - make sure to run only M2:TW while playing (esp video streams if -running or paused- can cause performance issues)
    - update to latest graphics driver and directx
    - if you running on high resolution already turn off graphics card forced antialiasing or anisotropic filtering
    Last edited by Ganossa; July 09, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast