Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback and Suggestions

Default Feedback and Suggestions

Post here your suggestions for next patches and your opinion on the actual mod

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestions

I just downloaded the battlepack played through a 2-on-2 army battle (all muslim factions)

I got creamed of course (well my allies got creamed and I had to flee after routing the enemy army facing me with less than 10% of my original force), which is a good sign as to the AI's capability to offer a challenge (BTW I had it on Hard battle settings)

The graphics are superb , exceptional models and skins (I especially liked the shields of my ghulams and the palace guard) - congrats are in order

I saw no bugs, except one little detail - not a bug really: some ziride (sp?) spearmen unit could run almost as fast as my ghulam cavalry, almost got me when I retreated at full speed after charging them in the rear! Seems that some speed tweaking is on order :hmmm: (the same also applies to the camel units, which should - IMHO - be considerably slower than horse units)

Oh... and this mod desperately needs the campaign map and the script for crusades & jihads, it would make my loss less painful if I knew I could come back at them w/ the full might of my armies

All in all, this mod has a lot of potential... I'll be keeping an eye on it (even if it comes after MTW2).

Keep up the good work

cheers

thank you for your feedback.

and the speed issue it's wierd...we made units move slowlier :hmmm:

could you tell us the unit name?

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

I like the skins very much, but the gloss is far too "shiny". I think it should be like in RTR ;-)
    Hybris

Hey guys i so totally fell in love with this mod the first time i played it...think its gonna keep me glued to my computer screen for at least until MTW2 comes out but even still despite the fact that this mod aint quite complete yet..i have to say this is the VERY BEST MOD i've seen for RTW so far man so keep up the good work guys

Foederatus

Pretty good Mod , soundtrack are goods too ! I especially like the Norman Knights !

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Das ist gut!

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros
    thank you for your feedback.

and the speed issue it's wierd...we made units move slowlier :hmmm:

could you tell us the unit name?

I think it was those ziride black guard unit, but to be sure I'd have to play the battle again (and make the same mistake to charge them )

My general feeling was that infantry units were running too fast and I'm sure that the camels were moving as fast as horses... oh well, it made the battle all the more frantic (plus it gave a feeling of urgency to my attempt to rout the zirides and go help my allies - which of course I failed to do )

Hmm guys, the only suggestion i can make is to add sprites, my superpc really lags. To be honest im trying to create the sprites myself.
    Also someone gotta start a "screenshots" thread!

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

I think that mod is good, it has potential but I found a lot of bugs and things that need to be improved.

first things that i dont like
    1. some factions dont have sprites (all kingdom of jerusalem infantery, and all mosul cavalry and more...)
    2. it lags (maybe because of sprites)
    3.some units need better skins (all cruisaders sergants-especially chainmail texture). muslim nations have better looking textures than europeians.
    4.there are some big historical innacuracies - order of the dragon was founded in 15.th century by emperor Sigismund of Luxemburg. Miloš Kobilič wasnt member of the order in fact order was founded after kosovo battle. Dracula as hungarian general??
    5.I dont like some models -like norman knights, venetian knights...
    6.kingdom of jerusalem inf. units dont have shadows (just square under theyre feet)

and good things

1.it is fun to play
    2.I am playing it whole evening (even skipped dinner )
    3.muslim nations have great skins and models (shield textures are first class)
    4.if you turn off gloss units arent too bright
    5.good music
    6.ai is decent
    7.nice faction symbols and banners

keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Matthæus; September 03, 2006 at 03:20 PM.

1-2: Byte is doing the sprites for us
    3: i'll reskin that unit
    4: I know of the king of the dragoon inaccuracy but i like them and the hungarian general as only tha face of Dracula, he's not supposed to be him
    5: i funno...in my opinion Venetian knights are fantastic...
    6: i dunno why they have squares instead of shadows...

Thanks for the good point

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

some new comments

aghulans (seljuk turks) need better models and textures (especially the head)
    I noticed beatiful textures on crossbowmen pavese shields
    turkish cavalry, court guard, and anatolian spearmen look great
    some of edessa troops cause ctd (I havent figured wich one yet)
    when you look at hungation black army from behind shield textures are messed up and look transparent. and they were called black army because they had black uniforms
    papal scherani need better textures (too bright and colorful)

Samariten's Avatar Senator

The battle mod was great, thought some units was missing or just not added yet perhaps. Hope you guys will release a mod with a campign map aswell would be awsome. Thank you for a great mod....

working on those problems

next patch will fix some of them

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

Before Downloading this mode. Does it work with DarthMOD 8.0 or do I have to delete first.
    Actually what do I need to install CRUZADES. I'm currently in DarthMOD BI as ROME and about to finish the game..I would hate to loose that info!
    Do you recomend PATIENCE and wait for your corrective patch!!!
    PLease instructions for download!!
    BEST REGARDS!!
    HONDO
    .................."There is only one code...THE CODE OF THE WEST!!!!.......

well, it replaces a lot of important files in the bi\data folder, so it's not compatible with the whole darth mod...maybe just the ai part, but we didn't test it yet. I'm afraid (afraid=pretty sure) you wont' be able to continue your savegame with Cr:TW. Maybe you will if you reinstall darthmod.

Instructions for download are in the download thread, and pathces are in the patches thread.

ENJOY

The Darth's Ai formations work with Crusader TW..but only the Ai...the whole Darth mod isn't compatible with Crusader...

it is a great mof to play but the only thing that got annoying was the menu cursor, good idea but it maybe a lil too big. and for the textures there all good imo and gettin the full release is more important than a few textures and models. can see this being a brilliant mod when completed i had a fairly large battle with 6000 men and there was only small parts of lag when i charged with cavalry into the back of their men and that was it.
    great start and cant wait to see the finished mod.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

maybe instead of the helmet as the cursor maybe change it to a crusader sword

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

yes maybe it's better

thanks for the advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast