Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Introduction

Default Re: Titanium - Introduction

It just means that there will be no more scripted events that occur after 1204 (turn 208). Just like in vanilla M2TW or in SS, you can choose to play on after the end date. However, you will get no more new scripted events and (I think) you won't get a winning message if you complete your campaign after this limit. The fact is, that relatively few people make campaigns that last for 200+ turns; many will have either finished or given up before then. Have you ever seen late musketeers? I haven't =)

The biggest advantage of limiting the time scale of the mod is that a lot of space in the EDU can be freed up for the creation of new units and as a consequence, new unique factions. The rosters of each faction have been expanded to include a larger variety of units so you won't see endless spear militia vs spear militia battles.

I see... So I assume that most(all?) of late tier units has been discarded in attempt to make bigger variety of early era? Huh... no more my beloved late musketeers .

Not in the Early campaign, from the sound of it. However, the talk of making 3 total campaigns means that if/when the Middle and Late era campaigns are done, you'll pretty much be able to start out recruiting musketeers.

Yes. Units that are slated to appear after 1204 have been axed, much like how HURB currently is. This early campaign will be nothing like the early campaigns in normal SS. It's not like we removed plate-armored and gunpowder units to add 200 variants of spear militia...

HELLEKIN's Avatar Miles

hi guys...i´ve finished more 2 units of the obotries,but TWC keep crashing and can´t acced the mood titanium page ,but i´ll be trying to put them in the units page....only to say i´m alive
    Homo Homini Lupus

how is the campaign timeframe for the later campaigns?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Hasnt been discussed yet. We wont start formally discussing the later era campaigns until the first one is released.

do you have any plan about buildings revamp?

I am satisfied with RW buildings for the most part. Not planning on changing any of it right now. Maybe some small changes in the future.

I've been wanting something like colonial building for even more AoR units for quite a long time though.

What do you mean?

colonial buildings, like for example genoese community building available throughout western mediterranean settlements that may for instance give you genoese crossbowmen, improved trade but decrease law and/or give catholicism convertion rate so that if you are not catholic faction it will cause troubles

or viking community around baltic, part of russia, steppe and northern balkan, give you access to viking mercs, improve trade etc.

nomadic communities around steppe, russia, persia, balkan, anatolia etc give you access to some cuman units... etc etc.

that kind of thing.

That is an interesting idea. Buildings are set for first release but its possible we might implement something similar later on. + rep for the idea

That's a Good Idea, you only see something like this in RTW mods, Would be great to have it here

yay, lol, I'm shocked that you didn't think about it, that has been proposed long ago in HURB or SSMAP discussion at that time...

there possibilities are vast if you want to tinker with such system, aside from AOR units, local or global effects it can also being used with trait systems... for example if you build many venetian trade posts your FL may gain traits like "love venetians" (lol) that give him and other generals negative command star when fighting venetian armies.

but keep it more realistic than newer TW games that have ridiculous role playing system like shogun 2's super ashigaru armies, or +10% attack I've seen in rome 2 videos/ss...

Count down baby 10 mins!!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Yoboii17 View Post
    Count down baby 10 mins!!
    I hate to be that guy but I highly doubt it'll be released today.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I hate to be that guy but I highly doubt it'll be released today.
    You are correct. Will not be released today. Want the factions to be finalized and the new campaign map and new settlements to be implemented first. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    You are correct. Will not be released today. Want the factions to be finalized and the new campaign map and new settlements to be implemented first. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks or so.
    Take your time don't rush