Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Titanium - Introduction

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [WIP] Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Crap, I gave rep before seeing the guy with the two-bitted axe. I want my rep back.

Argh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqtp08ZSAYE

And did any soldiers actually use two swords?
    No refunds.

iam afraid i will have to agree with slaytannic,most of the units made by claudilo and king of the ring are depicted being clad in the best armor available at the time.

they may seem cool or whatever,but they kill immersion because for example only the elite tagmata of the romaioi at the time used the best armor,not every single line troop

Dont worry, everyone agrees with you, but its not so simple as saying that it should be more accurate. Those models are made up of bits and pieces of models from over the years, if king were to make completely new units from scratch, for the 500 max allowed units, you would be waiting years for a release. So trust me, we do what we can but some things cant be changed so easily.

Thanks for the comments though. Lets us know your watching this thread.

Indefinitely Banned

i will do some work on the scoutatoi and spathatoi later perhaps

i will make a version with leather armor or chest mail

also i have to make templar and teutonic knights
    teutonic knights wont have horns,the horns they used had the purpose of scaring the pagan balts and this exceeds our timeframe
    Last edited by King of the Ring; July 31, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

well to be honest,in order to achieve as much historical accurasy you will need to drop claudilos pack and use the CBUR romaioi as in vanila steel.

yes the CBUR dont look as good as the king of ring/claudilos, but are more immersive.

also king of ring you have made some units using 2 swords instead of sword+shield.
    are those based in any sources or are they influenced from skyrim?

Sometimes excubitor you just have to have some liberty inregards to historical accuracy, however in regards to the CBUR unit a user onthe CBUR thread named Marcus UlpiusNerva Trajanus modified the CBUR using Laca's textures, here is the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?168346-You-ask-we-answer!&p=9953307&viewfull=1#post9953307
    In regards to accuracy, no one canbe 100%, remember its a game, just have fun and go with it.

Indefinitely Banned

desert warriors

both bow and sword fighting skills and desert combat bonus makes them a good defensive unit
    they will be very good in desert and medium in other environments

Icon3 Re: [WIP] Titanium

Psycomachia by Prudentius in the 12thC Hortus Deliciarum

Vices in Psychomachia by Prudentius in the Hortus Deliciarum, 200v
    Virtues in Psychomachia by Prudentius in the Hortus Deliciarum, 201r
    Avarice in Psychomachia by Prudentius in the Hortus Deliciarum, 203v
    Mercy/Charity in Psychomachia by Prudentius in the Hortus Deliciarum, 204r

Herrad of Landsberg (c.1130 - July 25, 1195) was a 12th century Alsatian nun and abbess of Hohenburg Abbey in the Vosges mountains.

Prudentius (born in 348 in northern Spain, died after 405) spent most of his life following worldly pursuits, but later turned to writing, in which he aimed to glorify God and atone for his earlier sins.

MIRROR SITE

druzhina345
    Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers
    Last edited by druzhina345; July 28, 2018 at 12:13 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

variations of the desert warriors

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Sometimes excubitor you just have to have some liberty inregards to historical accuracy, however in regards to the CBUR unit a user onthe CBUR thread named Marcus UlpiusNerva Trajanus modified the CBUR using Laca's textures, here is the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?168346-You-ask-we-answer!&p=9953307&viewfull=1#post9953307
    In regards to accuracy, no one canbe 100%, remember its a game, just have fun and go with it.
    Hey dude do those units in the link have a download? Or do I have to pm him?

I just want to say that those are some amazing illustrations Druzhina!! Great Links!

hi guys, I'm really happy you are carrying on the SS legacy and wish you all the best for it.
    however, what I have noticed concerning your new fancy units is that they all look so... fresh and clean
    I follow the Python idea of medievals:
    if he hasn't got all over him, it must be a king.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Indefinitely Banned

SS units were cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Hey dude do those units in the link have a download? Or do I have to pm him?
    No sadly, you can PM him but he hasn't been on since April, you can try to get ahold of him via email if you want, but who knows if he still has those on file, but you can try.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Is it possible to skin units for multiple factions? For example, if I wanted to use the create_unit function in the console command, to add a ghorid or turkish unit to my egyptian army, or a crusader unit to my english army, then would it be properly skinned? BC does that, so you can make very diverse armies, and ups the replay-ability and freedom of gaming 100%. Maybe if the skins for Islamic units were interchangeable, and for European/Christian units as well?
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

If you need help with Muslim factions, I can help out, and am willing
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Quote Originally Posted by excubitor View Post
    well to be honest,in order to achieve as much historical accurasy you will need to drop claudilos pack and use the CBUR romaioi as in vanila steel.

yes the CBUR dont look as good as the king of ring/claudilos, but are more immersive.
    We will not be using those terrible vanilla based models if at all possible. I agree its important to be immersed in a game, but some things you will have to deal with until we solve them. Our ultimate goal is to make it historical and fun, but you have to understand for the first release we will use whats available and what looks better.

As always, +rep for the images druzhina

No sadly, you can PM him but he hasn't been on since April, you can try to get ahold of him via email if you want, but who knows if he still has those on file, but you can try.
    Trying to contact him so we can use them, +rep for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder44 View Post
    hi guys, I'm really happy you are carrying on the SS legacy and wish you all the best for it.
    however, what I have noticed concerning your new fancy units is that they all look so... fresh and clean
    I follow the Python idea of medievals:
    if he hasn't got all over him, it must be a king.
    It is under consideration, but remember everyone, this units are still a work in progress. I am sure most of you have never made 3d unit models and textures before. Its very time consuming and requires quite a bit of knowledge and software, you will have to bare with us and give King some slack. He has been working very hard. But I do appreciate the comments, we like to know what you are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayyubid View Post
    Is it possible to skin units for multiple factions? For example, if I wanted to use the create_unit function in the console command, to add a ghorid or turkish unit to my egyptian army, or a crusader unit to my english army, then would it be properly skinned? BC does that, so you can make very diverse armies, and ups the replay-ability and freedom of gaming 100%. Maybe if the skins for Islamic units were interchangeable, and for European/Christian units as well?
    It is possible, but for each faction that you want the texture to look like you have to skin it and add it to the BMDB. For all the units we are planning on having its not likely going to happen to have different faction textures for each unit. That would take a ridiculous amount of time for the amount of units + the number of factions we have.

Sent you a pm about your request.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Trying to contact him so we can use them, +rep for the link
    Good luck, I'd also suggest asking the CBUR team if itscool with them, I dunno if he used their work as base or not but still might bebetter safe to ask, Besides Antonius might be of some help in getting ahold ofthe modeler. If you can't I know another Roman roster you could consider madeby a user named Morfans in the CVIISV thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?519980-R3-Roman-Roster-Reloaded

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?519980-R3-Roman-Roster-Reloaded/page2

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?519980-R3-Roman-Roster-Reloaded/page3
    He uses stuff from BC but it shouldn’t be too hard toget permission to use these units if you can’t get ahold of the other user.Again the only problem is Morfans hasn’t been on since June 24 but you canstill try if your interested and can’t get the other roster.

oh, i'm fully aware of the hard work you guys put into this, and I'm absolutely not suggesting I would do better (or any texturing at all ), but when I look at those German knight, especially the Swabian ones (the ones with yellow and black lions), they nearly appear fluorescent to me. It is only a woolen tunic dyed with probably a substract of onionskins and certain weeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

There is a problem with the thread, it wont create a 7th page for some reason. Please post in the Temporary Thread until this is figured out.

Good luck, I'd also suggest asking the CBUR team if itscool with them, I dunno if he used their work as base or not but still might bebetter safe to ask, Besides Antonius might be of some help in getting ahold ofthe modeler. If you can't I know another Roman roster you could consider madeby a user named Morfans in the CVIISV thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?519980-R3-Roman-Roster-Reloaded

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?519980-R3-Roman-Roster-Reloaded/page2

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?519980-R3-Roman-Roster-Reloaded/page3
    He uses stuff from BC but it shouldn’t be too hard toget permission to use these units if you can’t get ahold of the other user.Again the only problem is Morfans hasn’t been on since June 24 but you canstill try if your interested and can’t get the other roster.
    Sent him a pm. Read through the pages and he goes give permission for other mods to use them, but I cant find a download link for the units.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder44 View Post
    oh, i'm fully aware of the hard work you guys put into this, and I'm absolutely not suggesting I would do better (or any texturing at all ), but when I look at those German knight, especially the Swabian ones (the ones with yellow and black lions), they nearly appear fluorescent to me. It is only a woolen tunic dyed with probably a substract of onionskins and certain weeds.
    Oh absolutely, and we agree with you. The issue comes with how much longer it will take to make a simple cape texture look that much more realistic.
    Last edited by Andytheplatypus; August 04, 2013 at 12:23 PM.