Thread: London Her Majesty's Horse Guard Musseum.

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

Default London Her Majesty's Horse Guard Musseum.

It is a rather small and hidden museum, I myself only found it because there is a Horse Guard posted in full attire a few meters from the door ... poor soul has to endure hundreds of tourists taking pictures with him/her.

What do you find in the Horse Guard Museum ? Besides the Horse Guard specific stuff you have a nice sets of weapons from the Age of Discovery including Dragons Armors, sabres, flintlock pistols. The World War One set is also good.

So while the museum lets you with hunger for more at 6£ per visit it is a bargain, and if you are lucky you can listen to a free concert from Her Majesty's very own band a few hundreds meters away besides the numerous statues and monuments in the nearby park.

If you love the history of warfare in the Renaissance and Enlightenment era then you are going to enjoy it.

I will had the orchestra video later.

DSCF0102 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

DSCF0149 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

DSCF0102 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

DSCF0106 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

This horse ornement has inscribed on it the Horse Guard Most prominent battles pre-WW1

DSCF0134 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

DSCF0143 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

This set of pistols came with a miniature copy of the Riot Act written on the barrel ... so you know the dude carrying it was serious about business.

DSCF0128 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr

DSCF0135 by Fotos de Angola, on Flickr
    Last edited by Menelik_I; July 04, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Favor Daver's Avatar Miles

Default Re: London Her Majesty's Horse Guard Musseum.

Thanks for sharing. Check out my Crimean War photo's thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Fenton-(1855)
    My Harry Potter cloak makes me invisible.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: London Her Majesty's Horse Guard Musseum.

Nice photos!
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!