Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate General: Gettysburg has a dedicated TWCenter Forum (Updated 24/6/2014)

Default Ultimate General: Gettysburg has a dedicated TWCenter Forum (Updated 24/6/2014)

ULTIMATE GENERAL: GETTYSBURG ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS
    My game has finally made it to Steam Early Access phase and has also a brand new TW Center dedicated forum.
    CHECK THE NEWS!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It has been about 1,5 year before, when I announced my retirement from Total War modding.
    For more than 1 year I am part of the Game-Labs team as Lead Game Designer.

Together we try to offer many innovative new things to the strategy genre with our first game... Ultimate General: Gettysburg.
    Today 12/2/2014 we begun our Steam Greenlight Campaign!

Hoping that you still enjoy my mods and remember my work, I will need your help to get the game to Steam and open the door for its finalization.
    Please show your support with your much appreciated vote.
    I wish we will soon be able to offer you a game that you will love to play!

>>Vote for Ultimate General: Gettysburg<<

Old info about retirement and my new game

DarthMod fans and friends, moderators and owners of TWCenter, my fellow co-modders and collaborators.
    I want with this message to say my huge thanks for the amazing interaction and cooperation we had all these 9 years.
    Without you I would have never achieved this mod, I would have never be able to offer you my gameplay tweaks, I would have never had this wonderful and creative hobby.
    It is now a fact that I will no longer be able to mod Total War games because I have started to make my own strategy game.
    On 1/7/2013 I announced Ultimate General: Gettysburg in DarthMod fan page.

You can read the first info about it in Kotaku, PCGamer, Rockpapershotgun and several other game news sites (Google to find more).
    In future it will be very hard to to reply to your requests about DarthMods because it is literally impossible to handle all this.
    All my mods will be available for you to enjoy for ever and I promise that I will try to support them from time to time, if it is needed.
    You can find download links and help in the below subforums of TWCenter:

I have written a synopsis of my modding work here:= http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/my-modding-work in case you want to know more about it.
    It has been a fantastic experience not only because of all the interaction we had...
    ...but because of Creative Assembly that has allowed me and all other modders to "tweak" their Total War games.
    So a big thanks to Creative Assembly too.
    From now on I must allocate my full energy to the game I design.
    I hope you follow my new project.
    See you there!

EDIT 16/12/2013: See below first images of Ultimate General: Gettysburg actual gameplay

EDIT 7/1/2013: First glimpse of the AI of Ultimate General: Gettysburg

AI responding to player's flank attacks by hiding reserves and counterattacking

AI using the correct moment to attempt charge

AI making solid lines of fire

AI hiding reserves behind hills

Default Re: My final retirement message

Good luck Darth! We all will miss you in the modding scene, but if it's for a greater good, then let it be

(I'm hoping your game will be moddable )

Baldos's Avatar Tiro

Good luck . Your mods where/are the best!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

What new games are you going to design?

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Good luck Darth! We all will miss you in the modding scene, but if it's for a greater good, then let it be

(I'm hoping your game will be moddable )
    Another thing, will it be F2P ?
    I am sure that it will be moddable, Darth wouldn't let his fans don't tweak his work too

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

Good luck to you sir, and may the force be with you.

Allthough I'm very disappointed that you never had the time to update your MW2 Mod just like the RTW mod, I want to say thank you for youre great work. I really enjoy all of the mods and I wish you the best luck for youre upcoming game-project.

EagleTwenty, over and out.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Good Luck Darth! I'm a big fan of the DarthMod series

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Good luck, the world always needs new good strategy games. With your enormous experience you have collected with mods this game can only become great. The first pictures look promising, looking forward to it

Laetus

Well good luck i loved all your mods they called you SAver of empire total war of the horrible AI now we most find another man to save us from these dumb AIs i hope we wont need such a man for rome 2

Ill miss your mods Darth. I have played your mods since the early days of Rome and they are by far the best mods that i have played in any game. After every new Total War game comes out i play it through once or twice and then i download your mod and instantly fall on my knees and worship the alter of brilliance that has allowed you to nearly perfect my favourite game series. Every time i wish something was done better or was added into the game your already half way through creating what needs to be done. After Empire came out and Steam decided not to work properly or even allow me to download steam properly (id pre-ordered Empire) and then when I finally got to play Empire it was to put it politely, terrible with potential, and then you came along and fixed most of my issues. If it wasn't for your mod i would have left the Total War series there (and due to other committments that i have gained, probably left gaming as well).
    Then you announced after Shogun 2 you would no longer be modding Total War games i began considering once again leaving the series and leaving gaming in its entirety behind. If Rome 2 becomes another Empire but without you to fix it i feel that my days as a gamer and a fanatical Total War fan are done.
    Essentially im trying to say thank you for your commitment and thank you for my countless hours/years of fun and entertainment and for vastly improving a decades worth of gaming for myself and many others across the globe.
    Darth Vader, I salute you!
    PS. Yes i did join twcenter just so i could post this thank you note.

Looks like you chose the worst possible moment to retire...Rome 2 needs as many modders working on it as possible....

ill check your game. Thanks for everything!
    i has been 5 wonderful years playing darthmod por medieval and empire!!

If your game is as good as your mods, sign me up.
    Also: I checked out the "Ultimate Commander: Gettysburg" site, and it looks AMAZING, a lot like Scourge of War: Gettysburg...
    And speaking of Scourge of War... is there a courier system involved in this?
    Also Also: When do you think your game will be available on steam?

Also: I just had an idea...
    Rather than simulating a single battle, why not reconstruct a whole CAMPAIGN? Take Grant's offensive in 1864: the map would be ALL of Northern Virginia, and you'd play as either Grant, Lee, or any of they subordinates and be able to communicate with fellow officers via courier and telegraph. This would throw in a whole lot of epicness as you could direct the ENTIRE CAMPAIGN IN REAL TIME: worrying about supplies, telegraph communications, troop movements etc. Therefore battles wouldn't be confined to a hedged-in landscape but would actually take place in logical secession: when two armies collided, and victory, as it was back then, would be a relative thing claimed usually by whoever holds the field.
    Of course, any campaign would work (Vicksburg, Rosecrans's offensive into Tennessee, Gettysburg, Sherman's advance against Atlanta/March to the Sea etc...)
    ANYWAY; just an idea since you're the one who made the most epic mod of all time...

Many unread PMs here in TWCenter and in any DarthMod community site... I will try to reply to most, sorry, happy new year!
    Please read how the AI is designed in the game I make:
    EDIT 7/1/2013: First glimpse of the AI of Ultimate General: Gettysburg
    http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/game-features-ai

AI responding to player's flank attacks by hiding reserves and counterattacking

AI using the correct moment to attempt charge

AI making solid lines of fire

AI hiding reserves behind hills

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Is that game moddable Darth ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Cheers Darth ! Just kidding when I actually said that.

Good luck my friend.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Darth!!! I just saw the work you have been doing on your new game and it looks beyond awesome. It looks exactly like the artwork in one of my favorite civil war tomes I bought while visiting the Gettysburg battle field. Wish I had it on hand (it's in storage). I spent many hours pouring over the art work that showed important battles in a very similar way to this and I always dreamed of playing a strat game that captured that grand strategic overview. You sir are awesome! Good luck on the game and I will most definitely be picking it up once its available!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast