Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris' Flumen, Mare, Terra, et Provincia Minimod

Default Boris' Flumen, Mare, Terra, et Provincia Minimod

I love RTR. A couple of things bothered me though.

Some of the Province boundaries were historic only for a certain set of years ( not the modders fault, of course, praise be unto them). I decided to fix this, especially around the Danube area. Ratiaria has been moved so that the river crossign can be defended. Now the whole Danube can be used as an effective frontier by the roman army, as it was historically. See below.

Whilst fixing the Danube, I realized that the Rubicon was missing. The Rubicon marked the border between Gallia Cisalpina and Italy proper, until this border was erased by Augustus in 42 BC. However, in light of its importance for almost 400 years of roman history, and since it was the border for a good 240 years (480 turns) of teh game I hav eincluded it in its historically accurate position. See below.

Lastly, the two things that bothered me most about the "new and improved" AI was that Carthage and Illyria constantly sent 3 guys on a rickity boat every 2 turns for 75 years till I wiped them both out of the face of the map out of sheer annoyance. I have fixed this, and it no longer happens. Carthage and Greece do, however, reinforce themselves in Sicily.
    I also added Recruitable Roman generals (in Rome only, to simulate Republican system)

The other thing was the Makedonians. I managed to slow down their rise to power without emasculating them altogether. They play surprisingly like a human opponent in their consolidation and expansion.

This is a direct add on to RTR 1.6 for the BI. Oh, and not savegame compatible, but you'll want to start as new one anyway.
    Here it is. If anyone is interested in this mod, Ill release it. Just wanted to let you guy sknow about some tweaks that will greatly improve gameplay.

Boris

P.S. The file has been updated. It Now includes the Naval fix.
    Last edited by Kazak borispavlovgrozny; September 02, 2006 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updated the File
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

Default Re: Boris' Flumen, Mare, Terra, et Provincia Minimod

Sounds good. Upload it please. Does it use the mod:mymod switch?(I like that question)
    Also how did you balance the Macedonians?
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Unit cost and recruitment and less aggressive policies and stance.
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

Interesting. Are you going to play with the Rhine frontier as well?

To nerf the Macedonians I was thinking of putting a couple of Rebel Galatian half-stacks at Thermopolae and outside Pella, but you may have done a better job. (I was also thinking of another RG half stack outside Sardis and to make Maronia/Lysimacheia rebel, with a Galatian garrison but curent buildings, as a sort of cheap man's Galatian invasion).

I think my Solution provides more long term balancing than placing rebel stacks, though I like the idea.If you want, use my files and add teh rebel stacks. Add your name to the read me, upload it and ill re-upload it on the main post.Oh and yes, I did use a Rin ebarrier as well, and no mod switching. This is a direct add on to RTR 1.6 for teh BI.

You should post this in the sticky for mods for RTRPE.
    EDIT: Only for BI? Okay.
    Last edited by The Walrus; September 02, 2006 at 11:04 AM.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Great idea! Can you also please see this post by anunnak who`s one of the rtr dev. and resposible with the info for the getae in rtr 7. Link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=233
    They are suggestions for Candelarius`s mod, but of course you can consider them for your mod.
    Also, can you please post some info and links for your mod here so it will be easier for the new comers to find it along with all the others?
    Modifications for RTR Platinum
    It`s easier to post one link when people ask about modifications for RTRPE then look for all the topics. Thanks!

Also I was wondering how you managed to do this:
    Lastly, the two things that bothered me most about the "new and improved" AI was that Carthage and Illyria constantly sent 3 guys on a rickity boat every 2 turns for 75 years till I wiped them both out of the face of the map out of sheer annoyance. I have fixed this, and it no longer happens. Carthage and Greece do, however, reinforce themselves in Sicily.
    Great job and good luck with this!

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    Great idea! Can you also please see this post by anunnak who`s one of the rtr dev. and resposible with the info for the getae in rtr 7. Link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=233
    They are suggestions for Candelarius`s mod, but of course you can consider them for your mod.
    Also, can you please post some info and links for your mod here so it will be easier for the new comers to find it along with all the others?
    Modifications for RTR Platinum
    It`s easier to post one link when people ask about modifications for RTRPE then look for all the topics. Thanks!

Also I was wondering how you managed to do this:

Great job and good luck with this!
    Done. Check out the mod for yourself and see. Make sure you download the new version.

This mod looks cool, but I'm in the middle of a campaign right now so I will install it later. I hope you fix the RTR7 map if that has the same missing bits

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

This looks to be a superb mod and I applaud all the changes made. However, I am storing up my RTR energies until 1.7 comes out so my question is this: is this compatable (will it be) with RTRPE1.7 or will you be releasing a version that is?

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

If enough people want it I will make it so.

I want you to.
    (Starts petition)
    -Albert Camus

dharos's Avatar Tiro

is this mod compatible with the 4 turns per year mod?

Quote Originally Posted by dharos
    is this mod compatible with the 4 turns per year mod?
    Yes, with the script itself yes. Your build times will be normal RTR 1.6 buildtimes though.

dharos's Avatar Tiro

oh i got it working and its really nice. i like being able to recruit roman generals, it would be nice if all factions could do this in a future update if you continue.
    i must have done something wrong though, because i tried to install the 4 turns per year mod also, but its not loading up at all. the game with your mod works great
    as it is, i just wonder what i did wrong. do you play with your mini mod and the 4 turns as well?

No I do not. And Let me exlain why only Romans, and why only in the city of rome, can recruit generals. This was done to simulate the almost endless array of people who, upon completion of their cursus honorum up to praetorship, were given imperium. Imperium was, amongst othe rthings, the power to command troops. No other faction had a similar system, where based on meritocracy, a plebein or a patrician , could be granted imperium and thus command.
    NOw, as for why only in Rome, it was simply because this honor was for Romans Citizens only at first. Later on, I might make it so that it can be anywhere in Italy or the empire ( by the A.D.'s we had Spanish emperors) one can recruit an general anywhere with a certain level of infra structurre.

dharos's Avatar Tiro

lol yes i know about imperium and dignitas and all that, i just took back to back courses on the Roman Republic and Roman Empire. i guess it makes sense, oh and i got it working with the 4 turns per year mod. it was a snap i was surprised how easy it was. oh and many kudos on the changes to the rhine and danube and especially the rubicon. i started a roman campaign and that's helped so much containing the Gauls because i've been concentrating on killing off the Greeks in southern italy and now i'm into Sicily. and yes i've noticed macedon is having a nice struggle but a fair one against the greeks and seleucids. Greece is ebbing but they remain around fighting macedon.

Quote Originally Posted by dharos
    lol yes i know about imperium and dignitas and all that, i just took back to back courses on the Roman Republic and Roman Empire. i guess it makes sense, oh and i got it working with the 4 turns per year mod. it was a snap i was surprised how easy it was. oh and many kudos on the changes to the rhine and danube and especially the rubicon. i started a roman campaign and that's helped so much containing the Gauls because i've been concentrating on killing off the Greeks in southern italy and now i'm into Sicily. and yes i've noticed macedon is having a nice struggle but a fair one against the greeks and seleucids. Greece is ebbing but they remain around fighting macedon.
    YES ! Im so glad its worked well for others too! Score!

I also sign the petition to make this compatible with 1.7!

dharos's Avatar Tiro

i started playing a few campaigns with your mod and i also finally got the 4 turns working with it but i think that maybe one of the files got overwritten. i still have the map changes you made and it has 4 turns per year, but i think the file, what is desc_stat or something like that, got changed by the other mod. i changed macedon back to comfortable smith i think it was? its working fine and macedon is not overpowered, but i dont think its the same file your mod installed. in other words, both mods are working, but im not sure if one mod changed the files of the other, or at least some of them. maybe you could integrate the 4 turn mod into yours? its not a big deal, i just like the small changed both mods make to RTRPE. combined they would be more awesomer! (yes, i know that's not a real word!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast