Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

i haven't looked at the Mubarak court cases but surely corruption isn't all they got him on ?

Oh boy, oh boy! Verily, Sisi does save democracy at Egypt. Killing thousands of "terrorists" and relasing "Mubarek" from prison.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

Copied:
    Mubarak has been released because the legal system is meant (theoretically) to protect the defendant, whereby an individual can only be apprehended pending court verdict for a maximum of two (2) years - not including the time spent in apprehension for investigations. If a verdict is not reached within these two years, the accused is to be released until then. It has nothing to do with "OH MY GOD JUNE 30TH IS THE COUNTER-REVOLUTION" or a return of the Old Guard.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

so your saying he was never in jail because of a judicial verdict he just reached the end of legal detention without verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    so your saying he was never in jail because of a judicial verdict he just reached the end of legal detention without verdict?
    He had received a life sentence in the case of killing demonstrators in the 25th of January revolution, but Morsi ordered a retrial. So right now there is no standing verdict available.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Technically the bail out is legal, although he is also charged with killing demonstrators in the revolution two years ago, and for that he can be denied the bail out. I am not sure about Egypt but in US suspect that commit serious crimes can be denied bail out, but of course it is Egypt so who knows - afterall it is a country that try to justify murdering its citizens on street, and anything would not surprise me anymore...

Last edited by hellheaven1987; August 21, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I wonder when we can expect the MB to blow up a large building with lots of civilian casualties?
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    I wonder when we can expect the MB to blow up a large building with lots of civilian casualties?
    You mean the army's water dream? Well it is isnt necessary to be a MB attack

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

What motivation does the army have to do that if we drop the very unlikely extremely high rates of sheer lunacy? o_O
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Cairo is just a ticking time bomb for a terrorist attack in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Maiar93 View Post
    What motivation does the army have to do that if we drop the very unlikely extremely high rates of sheer lunacy? o_O
    The army deliberately used excessive force, to force some Islamist groups to take arms against the government and to justify a dictatorship . And i have no doubt that some of them will. But the Islamist parties reject violence for now because they know that they can not face the army militarily

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    The army deliberately used excessive force, to force some Islamist groups to take arms against the government and to justify a dictatorship .
    You must have proof for this conspiracy theory right?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Depends on how receptive the audience is, either domestic or foreign.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Yes, yes, we all know the army is deliberately trying to force terrorists to committ violence and turn Egypt into Syria. Because we all know how well Syria is working for Assad right now. Obviously they are not staging the crackdown in the hopes that they can pre-empt any terrorism and prevent it from happening, thus not having the country destabalize.

Of course the army played their hand after the overthrow incompetently. But it was just that-incompetence and a misjudging of the situation. Yes, their crackdown may have backfired, but that is hardly because they intended to use the crackdown to hope a bunch of terrorists infiltrated the country and start blowing things up.

Indefinitely Banned

Are you safe where you are Mr LION??Any protests??

The number of protesters are fewer. Its obvious since the regime has arrested thousands of MB members. I am waiting to see what the regime will do now.It will be hard to justify a permanent dictatorship now. Logically they will hold elections(and this time they will be very careful to see their candidate winning)

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaiden of the Helvetii View Post
    Are you safe where you are Mr LION??Any protests??
    I am at the Mediterranean Coast near Alexandria. It's reasonably safe here, but the highways are unsafe at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    The number of protesters are fewer. Its obvious since the regime has arrested thousands of MB members. I am waiting to see what the regime will do now.It will be hard to justify a permanent dictatorship now. Logically they will hold elections(and this time they will be very careful to see their candidate winning)
    My assessment around the time of the coup was that the plan of the military leaders was to discredit Morsi and the MB so that they could be overthrown, and then new elections could be held in which the discredited and disorganized MB would lose. The military would play a role like that in Turkey, allowing civilian control of the government but intervening when they feel necessary.

However, there seems to be more evidence that the military is leaning more towards direct military rule. The actions against the MB are a full crack-down, not just a political discrediting. Elbaridei leaving the country also shows that the military doesn't seem to be nurturing the civilian technocrats who theoretically could run an acceptable government. The way General Sisi is being presented to the public also seems like a PR program meant to build a cult of personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    My assessment around the time of the coup was that the plan of the military leaders was to discredit Morsi and the MB so that they could be overthrown, and then new elections could be held in which the discredited and disorganized MB would lose. The military would play a role like that in Turkey, allowing civilian control of the government but intervening when they feel necessary.

However, there seems to be more evidence that the military is leaning more towards direct military rule. The actions against the MB are a full crack-down, not just a political discrediting. Elbaridei leaving the country also shows that the military doesn't seem to be nurturing the civilian technocrats who theoretically could run an acceptable government. The way General Sisi is being presented to the public also seems like a PR program meant to build a cult of personality.
    You mean Sisi = Mubarek 2.0 ?
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf