Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1093

Thread: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

  1. #1041

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by SomaaTheLion View Post
    And when it comes to Morsi you repeat the fact that he was democratically elected
    Ummm, Soma, %98 is not considered healty for a democracy. On the other hand, countries ruled by Generals are hardly democracies. Believe me, we had experienced all this. I still remember the constituon vote after the 1980 coup. It was something %90ish. And next morning voters learned that they choose General Kenan Evren as the president.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.





    Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

  2. #1042
    Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    4,038

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    If a poll said 98% of Americans agreed on anything id think something very fishy would be going on. Hard enough as is to get Americans to agree on 50%.

  3. #1043
    TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Damascus - Syria
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    If a poll said 98% of Americans agreed on anything id think something very fishy would be going on. Hard enough as is to get Americans to agree on 50%.
    For that the Arab are the leader of the world .

    And any way from what i hear in TV, it is possible, the people have hardly vote, some say that the number was 30% of the total people allow to vote and some say it was 50%, in Sinai it is only 15% .
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

  4. #1044

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    If a poll said 98% of Americans agreed on anything id think something very fishy would be going on. Hard enough as is to get Americans to agree on 50%.

    98% would definitely be hard being that something like 7% think reptilian aliens rule the world. I think 7% would have to have an always-insane opinion.

  5. #1045
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    context, mate! context....

    I hear that turnover %55 and yes votes are %95.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaaTheLion View Post
    98% actually.. now where's Papay??
    Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    Ummm, Soma, %98 is not considered healty for a democracy. On the other hand, countries ruled by Generals are hardly democracies. Believe me, we had experienced all this. I still remember the constituon vote after the 1980 coup. It was something %90ish. And next morning voters learned that they choose General Kenan Evren as the president.
    remember it's over 90% of the 38% of the population that turned out to vote , and this just ratifies the constitution and have you read the thing it's interesting apparently , strengthens the police military and judiciary but removes the islamic leading clauses put in by Morsi and also gives more rights to women and the disabled .

    this isn't democracy though it is being used as a measure of pro army support and showed it too as Sisi hinted a strong yes vote and he would run for president.

    and too those who say 90% is strange that's because the islamist strong south boycotted the vote in protest about Morsi's removal , naturally

  6. #1046
    SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Just to clarify, I would actually prefer Sisi to remain Minister of Defence instead of running for president. Although he hasn't done anything until now which proves any wrongdoing, I would rather have a civilian as president. But the issue Egyptians are now facing is that there is no strong presidential nominee with a high popularity (except Sisi) who could decisively win the election. And if Sisi doesn't run for president, we face the risk of dividing the votes of the non-Islamist voters again.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

  7. #1047
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Shambhala
    Posts
    13,083

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    So the voting is fixed or what?I mean loads voted for Morsi where did they go jail?

  8. #1048
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by John ''True Grit'' Wayne View Post
    So the voting is fixed or what?
    it's not fixed exactly see the next response


    I mean loads voted for Morsi where did they go jail?
    no they didn't the Morsi and Islamists predominantly in the south boycotted the vote so it's not that the vote was fixed it's that the opposition choose not to vote

  9. #1049
    Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Nirn
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    it's not fixed exactly see the next response




    no they didn't the Morsi and Islamists predominantly in the south boycotted the vote so it's not that the vote was fixed it's that the opposition choose not to vote
    98% is a disgrace for any Arab dictator who respects himself. Saddam, Kadaffi and others usually took 100%

  10. #1050
    SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    2014 Constitutional Referendum Results Breakdown:

    Total registered voters - 53,423,485
    Total valid votes - 20,366,730
    Total invalid votes - 246,000

    Total YES votes - 19,985,389 (98.1%)
    Total NO votes - 381,341 (1.9%)
    Overall turnout - 38.6%

    ==
    ‪#‎Morsi‬'s 2012 Constitutional Referendum:

    Total YES votes - 10,693,911(63.8%)
    Total NO votes - 6,061,011 (36.2%)
    Overall turnout - 32.9%
    Quote Originally Posted by John ''True Grit'' Wayne View Post
    So the voting is fixed or what?I mean loads voted for Morsi where did they go jail?
    Most probably the voting wasn't fixed, no, but don't forget that Egyptians have never said no in a referendum..ever.
    Whatever the question is, Egyptians tend to say yes.
    Another factor is that previously most people that voted for the MB weren't hardcore members of the organisation but rather people that saw a group which said it would implement the teachings of Quran etc. (which in fact isn't something bad at all) but they turned out to be a bunch of scumbags who only wanted to consolidate their power to further steal from, terrorize and humiliate this country.
    Something else that might have played a role is the fact that most of their leaders and "district leaders" are, and rightly so, in prison resulting in the chain of command being broken and the lower-rank members having no superior to get orders from.
    Although the MB has officially called for the vote to be boycotted, I doubt that it had a significant role.
    In my opinion, people who still support the brotherhood don't exceed 750.000, a million at most.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

  11. #1051

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Morsi's percentage difference figures looked like those of a respectable middling EU state with a healthy democracy.

    Sisi's are in Brother Leader territory.

  12. #1052
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    Morsi's percentage difference figures looked like those of a respectable middling EU state with a healthy democracy.
    highly unfortunate he squandered that democracy through his actions then isn't it ?

  13. #1053
    Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Nirn
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    highly unfortunate he squandered that democracy through his actions then isn't it ?
    You know its nice to see you shouting for how dictatorial was the rule of Morsi and then support a government that kills protesters in the streets, arrests anyone who criticizes the government and wins referendums with 98%. In Egypt now if you criticize the government you are considered a terrorist

  14. #1054
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    You know its nice to see you shouting for how dictatorial was the rule of Morsi and then support a government that kills protesters in the streets, arrests anyone who criticizes the government and wins referendums with 98%. In Egypt now if you criticize the government you are considered a terrorist
    never said i supported anything , i have done what i have always done in this thread criticised those who seem to think Morsi was an impeccable leader and wasn't well on his way to being a dictator , i have also criticised those who placed the blame for the violence 100% on the army instead of on the MB as well.

    You do remember that conversation we had about the killing protesters right ? where some of the dead in your numbers were police and also how you glazed over the attacks against copts right?

  15. #1055
    Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Nirn
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    never said i supported anything , i have done what i have always done in this thread criticised those who seem to think Morsi was an impeccable leader and wasn't well on his way to being a dictator , i have also criticised those who placed the blame for the violence 100% on the army instead of on the MB as well.

    You do remember that conversation we had about the killing protesters right ? where some of the dead in your numbers were police and also how you glazed over the attacks against copts right?
    The attacks against the Copts and police occurred after the military massacred 500 people in Cairo. Without supporting their actions i would say that having a government committing such a huge massacre is a reason to run amok. In the west we had events were the police shot someone and for days afterwards we had unrest.
    Still most of the attacks can be attributed to other minor Islamic factions like the Al Qaeda linked rebels fighting in Sinai. And their attacks are used from the government to shift the blame to MB. Some weeks ago a suicide bomber killed 15 police and the government instantly blamed MB despite the fact that the rebels in Sinai took responsibility for this

  16. #1056
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    The attacks against the Copts and police occurred after the military massacred 500 people in Cairo. Without supporting their actions i would say that having a government committing such a huge massacre is a reason to run amok. In the west we had events were the police shot someone and for days afterwards we had unrest.
    1)the copts were attacked before that massacre the prosecution ramped up when the coptic pope was one of the people announcing the removal of morsi
    2) that 500 number included police causalities in your linked report i remember that vividly , i also remember a counter linked report about tortured and killed individuals inside the MB protest which was stormed
    3) and your logic is flawed as it was before the army kills people so you should attack the copts ? because they are obviously pulling the strings of the army

    in the west we haven't have dictator or over powered civil and military authorities for some time now and we definitely haven't had people tortured in protests any time recently

    Still most of the attacks can be attributed to other minor Islamic factions like the Al Qaeda linked rebels fighting in Sinai. And their attacks are used from the government to shift the blame to MB. Some weeks ago a suicide bomber killed 15 police and the government instantly blamed MB despite the fact that the rebels in Sinai took responsibility for this
    it's true that most of the co ordinated attacks seem to be by extremists , but unrest and violence have been shown to be widespread the little factions can't be that widespread
    Last edited by knight of meh; January 18, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

  17. #1057
    Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Nirn
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    1)the copts were attacked before that massacre the prosecution ramped up when the coptic pope was one of the people announcing the removal of morsi
    2) that 500 number included police causalities in your linked report i remember that vividly , i also remember a counter linked report about tortured and killed individuals inside the MB protest which was stormed
    3) and your logic is flawed as it was before the army kills people so you should attack the copts ? because they are obviously pulling the strings of the army

    in the west we haven't have dictator or over powered civil and military authorities for some time now and we definitely haven't had people tortured in protests any time recently
    1)Most of the attacks happened after Morsi was overthrown. Why dont you blame the military for this?
    2)Nope. Videos show clearly the massacre. Unarmed protesters were shot dead by the police and the military. I've posted many videos dont make me post them again. This occurred throughout Egypt. Regarding the report you mention, its laughable. It makes no sense at all. Just an excuse from the military to shift the blame AGAIN to MB for the bloodset
    3)The army was denounced by the Amnesty International because it failed to protect the churches. More churches were burned under Sisi than under Morsi. Still you think that Sisi is better to Copts than Morsi. I want you to explain to me why

  18. #1058
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    1)Most of the attacks happened after Morsi was overthrown. Why dont you blame the military for this?
    because they didn't attack the copts ....

    2)Nope. Videos show clearly the massacre. Unarmed protesters were shot dead by the police and the military. I've posted many videos dont make me post them again. This occurred throughout Egypt. Regarding the report you mention, its laughable. It makes no sense at all. Just an excuse from the military to shift the blame AGAIN to MB for the bloodset
    why are some lives less important in your eyes?

    also the videos aren't clear , some weren't unarmed or else the police and army wouldn't have causalities if they were the only ones using guns as you claim.



    3)The army was denounced by the Amnesty International because it failed to protect the churches. More churches were burned under Sisi than under Morsi. Still you think that Sisi is better to Copts than Morsi. I want you to explain to me why
    because the army didn't attack the churches ... the MB supporters did and we know this because the claimed responsibility .

    also amnesty international has denounced the army for it's treatment of protesters and prisoners not for this as far as I'm aware

  19. #1059
    Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Nirn
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    Speaking of attacks against the Copts guess which was the bloodiest incident?

    http://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j&...59568121,d.d2k

    The army shot dead dozens of copts in an incident in October 2011. Back then, the army was in charge, not Morsi. The army and the police shot dead 20 Christians. So we had attacks against the Copts before Morsi was in power and after Morsi was overthrown. But during Morsi's rule few attacks occurred. Care to explain why Christians in Egypt are more safe under military rule? Because statistics say a different story

  20. #1060
    knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: Egyptians Flood Streets To Force Morsi Out of Office

    care to explain how you can ignore me? you missed the part where Muslim brotherhood supporters took credit for the attacks on copts after Morsi was removed. you finding that the military committed crimes against the copts in the past doesn't change that...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •