Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Plus Ultra

And if I might have other suggestion, perhaps you should increase amout of men in natives units? You can increase it to 250 I believe, and with using this tool even more (but ba careful to not increase it too much). Though, or just making the units cheaper so there would be more natives units will do the job as weill I suppose...
    Last edited by Jadli; April 21, 2020 at 03:45 AM.

Juanjo1420's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Plus Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post

(though, dont want to talk into your stuff, but Im not sure "Plus Ultra" is a good name for a mod... I mean people usually check mods by names.. perhaps name it "Plus Ultra Americas"? )
    You was right, I just added that little () to aclarate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    And if I might have other suggestion, perhaps you should increase amout of men in natives units? You can increase it to 250 I believe, and with using this tool even more (but ba careful to not increase it too much). Though, or just making the units cheaper so there would be more natives units will do the job as weill I suppose...
    Can be a posibility, but, actually I'm testing the mod with the Pueblo, so the caribbean are free of human intervention and the natives are fighting so'well against the europeans. Increase the number means go down their damage and their attack to equilibrate the things, but still if the numer of natives in the battleground are much, the europeans will run away without fight.

Make them cheaper can be another posibility that i will explore with a calculator

Regards

Default Re: Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

Having more regions in the northern part North America would be better because there were settlements during the early stages of the European colonialization. I believe (from history) that many native americans had several different types of axemen and spearmen units while having a limited amount mounted horsemen. While western Europe has less cavalry and more swordsmen militia and musketeers. So you may want to consider those options in your latest update.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Having more regions in the northern part North America would be better because there were settlements during the early stages of the European colonialization. I believe (from history) that many native americans had several different types of axemen and spearmen units while having a limited amount mounted horsemen. While western Europe has less cavalry and more swordsmen militia and musketeers. So you may want to consider those options in your latest update.
    Which can be a good option instead to add more units that do the same function it's a mix of these ones, for example like Cannibal Warriors or Caribs Hunters which can be a useful distance unit but also fights on melee without problem.

Regards.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

@Jadli, "Plus Ultra" is the motto of the Spanish Coat of Arms and hence topical
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Okay I was thinking about a little historical context for the modernization of mesoamerican and southamericans, and i think the best way is establish some rules about how both cultures and religious were mixed, so:

1. No suits, because this was a way to venerate the animals who in his original culture was a religion thing and any priest who the faction have will be directly disolved.
    2. They'll has some units that to get the new technology will needs an upgrade because his own level in the society doesn't allows them to get the new equipment.
    3. All old religious buildings will get destroyed and they will be capable of build some western buildings like a church and maybe (if the game allow me) a wall.
    4. The original top units like jaguars, eagles, arrows or cuahchiqueh will keep some details from their original model because their was from the high society so their privilegies will be respected and more of their will can conserve old heritage things (Look the images)
    5. The posibility of change your religions and therefore the modernization will arrive at different times and circunstances, if Aztecs can maintain their empire untouched, then they will not have any reason to change their religion or modernizate (maybe after this patch I can see the posibility of a modernization without change your religion) but if they start to fall, that can be a option, with diplomatic consecuences of course, no one faction will have the same requirements.

So, just for example, aztec roster will be:

Peasants -> Can recruit but no modernization
    Coyote -> Totally erased
    Warriors -> Can recruit old ones but the upgrade will give them a much better equipment
    Bodyguard -> Replaced by the second image since modernization happens
    Spearmen -> Same that Warriors
    Cuahchicueh -> Same that bodyguards
    Spear Throwers -> Can recruit, but they will be a residual unit
    Archers -> Can recruit, they will be a residual unit but will be a dismounted muskets unit
    Eagles -> Totally erased and replaced by the unit of the last image
    Jaguar -> Totally erased and will be replaced by a cavalry unit
    Arrow -> Totally erased and replaced by the first image unit

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bonus:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now the native horses doesn't have any evidence of their domestic life with europeans before get adopted by the natives.

Last edited by Juanjo1420; April 22, 2020 at 09:48 AM.

I hope the native american factions gain more units after certain historical events. Plus, western europe would destroy the native americans with their elite troops. It would be unfair if the aztecs, mayans, apachaens, and many other native american tribes have less units than western europe. I would go with an overhaul on all native american factions, including the buildings, religion, culture, and economy so that way when westeners move onto their territory then the native american would have a fighting chance.

they had fighting opportunities against Europeans, but many died from Europe disease such as measles, smallpox and many others
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; April 22, 2020 at 02:00 PM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Yeah it's a quiet tragic piece of history
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's worth noting that while the Europeans will certainly expand, the natives as they are set up now aren't without a fighting chance AI vs AI. Juanjo is considering how technical evolution over time would work, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

true! Just speaking my opinion! I hear you! starting to enjoy this mods development.

Virian's Avatar Civis

I think coyote priests should be kept. They're not really much use as troops themselves, not when compared to their chanting ability which actually makes the aztec roster particularly scary.

I also liked the eagles, their attack was amazing and I'd like the aztecs and the other natives to retain their two handed weapon unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    I think coyote priests should be kept. They're not really much use as troops themselves, not when compared to their chanting ability which actually makes the aztec roster particularly scary.

I also liked the eagles, their attack was amazing and I'd like the aztecs and the other natives to retain their two handed weapon unit.
    Doesn't have much sense maintain that units in that context, I mean, after years of war of europeans vs. natives and knowing that the natives make sacrifices, cannibalism, etc... And they convert later in a desperate way of save their people and the europeans let them maintain that units?

Despite that, It's a balance stuff, you can't keep what you like about original natives and at the same time get modern units, or yes, but as I said in my previous post maybe later I can think a way about how natives can modernizate withut change their religion.

Regards.

Plus Ultra - A better Americas Campaign

I played the England and I saw Dismounted Feudal Knights recruitable in Town Guard building. Is there any way to remove those dism. Feudal knights in recruitment barracks?

You must go to the data folder and search a file named export_descr_buildings and open it, search "dismounted feudal knights" and remove every line who starts with "recruit pool", that must work, but some invasions use it

Virian's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Juanjo1420 View Post
    Doesn't have much sense maintain that units in that context, I mean, after years of war of europeans vs. natives and knowing that the natives make sacrifices, cannibalism, etc... And they convert later in a desperate way of save their people and the europeans let them maintain that units?

Despite that, It's a balance stuff, you can't keep what you like about original natives and at the same time get modern units, or yes, but as I said in my previous post maybe later I can think a way about how natives can modernizate withut change their religion.

Regards.
    then perhaps replace them with christian priests if you'll have them change religion? Not like there isn't a precedent of christian priests going into battle.
    Last edited by Virian; April 27, 2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanjo1420 View Post
    You must go to the data folder and search a file named export_descr_buildings and open it, search "dismounted feudal knights" and remove every line who starts with "recruit pool", that must work, but some invasions use it
    Yep, thanks I got it working! BTW as a suggestion, I think in the future update, the voulgiers (france) and dism. feudal knights (england) should be replaced with units that were more appropriate in early 16th century. Could be a halberdier unit both for them. It's just that the current version breaks immersion. Overall, a great mod!

^ Yeah make them either a Halbarad based off Swiss Guard. If not at least Voultiger/Voulge Militia and Heavy Billmen for France/England, respectively. Those units are at least 15th century, while Feudals are late 13th century and earlier.

Also I suggest making the English Archery Range recruit Longbowmen/Yeoman Archers/Retinue Longbowmen/Sherwood Archers at the respective levels. English did not use crossbows so much and variety is cool.

Congratulations on the release!

Historically Georgia was founded later than the other colonies, in 1732. I think the English should start with the Bahamas, St Kitts, Barbados, Providence and maybe some land on the Mosquito Coast. Those colonies were founded in the 1620-30's.

You might want to work with the Colonies and Empires mod. They made a really good map; maybe at some point you two can combine.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...es-amp-Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    ^ Yeah make them either a Halbarad based off Swiss Guard. If not at least Voultiger/Voulge Militia and Heavy Billmen for France/England, respectively. Those units are at least 15th century, while Feudals are late 13th century and earlier.

Also I suggest making the English Archery Range recruit Longbowmen/Yeoman Archers/Retinue Longbowmen/Sherwood Archers at the respective levels. English did not use crossbows so much and variety is cool.

Congratulations on the release!

Historically Georgia was founded later than the other colonies, in 1732. I think the English should start with the Bahamas, St Kitts, Barbados, Providence and maybe some land on the Mosquito Coast. Those colonies were founded in the 1620-30's.

You might want to work with the Colonies and Empires mod. They made a really good map; maybe at some point you two can combine.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...es-amp-Empires
    The reason because England is there isn't historical and being honest I didn't remember it, was many years ago but I'll se the posibility to change their initial place to another one.

And yes, as I say later in this post I'll check the European Factions to give them a little more of originality to their roster

About giving their more settlements I didn't do it because, despite most of the time I prefer bring fun to the mod, also take into account a little historical context, and being honest England doesn't arrive to caribbean more later but I think that can be interesting give competitors to Spain but also giving to the person who plays with England, France or the Dutch a challenge to become the most powerful european faction on caribbean, despite this, all the settlements that you mentioned are included with a script who makes conquer it for England.

Quote Originally Posted by banskie10015906215
    Yep, thanks I got it working! BTW as a suggestion, I think in the future update, the voulgiers (france) and dism. feudal knights (england) should be replaced with units that were more appropriate in early 16th century. Could be a halberdier unit both for them. It's just that the current version breaks immersion. Overall, a great mod!
    I was thinking and I think you're right about a pure medieval unit overthere so I will work to give to the others europeans faction that wasn't Spain a more original roster, for example:

Spoiler for French Musketeers

Quote Originally Posted by Virian
    then perhaps replace them with christian priests if you'll have them change religion? Not like there isn't a precedent of christian priests going into battle.
    Still it's a little odd for me being honest, but I'll check it out

Very interesting project and respect for the lot of work you did alone.
    Greets Mag

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast