Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Americas Grand Campaign

I'm amazed +rep
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Juanjo1420's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Always good to see an Americas mod released (I've been making my own for several years, link in sig). Really great work! I'll check this out when I get my new PC. +rep

Not sure if you're keen on any type of collaboration, but if so, please feel free to get in touch (and maybe expect a PM from me ).
    Your mod look just great! Congrats for the great work, especially with the map

Actually my problem is the time, normally I don't have it to make great advances, only in my free time, but with all the coronavirus and quarantine stuff i'm all the day in my house so...
    so i'm open to any type of collaboration but my time normally is so limited feel free to ask me anything you want

Greeting!

P.D: I see that my videos doesn't show correctly so i will leave over here the links:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KnmoOZ8K8&t=84s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9WlnDrBCGM&t=209s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKWWjclBfIM&t=247s

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Not a problem! Yes, I think all our team suffers from the same lack of time. I'll PM you soon and we can at least see about chatting further.

I fixed your videos to show up correctly on the previous page. Use the [youtube] tag instead of [video], like follows:

[youtube]eKWWjclBfIM[/youtube]

Virian's Avatar Civis

Great mod, the spanish text is a bit meh but I eagerly await further updates(and hopefully a translation).

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Not a problem! Yes, I think all our team suffers from the same lack of time. I'll PM you soon and we can at least see about chatting further.

I fixed your videos to show up correctly on the previous page. Use the [youtube] tag instead of [video], like follows:

[youtube]eKWWjclBfIM[/youtube]
    Oh I see, thank you, I'll have it on mind the next time

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    Great mod, the spanish text is a bit meh but I eagerly await further updates(and hopefully a translation).
    Actually, I was thinking about the translation, when the mods start his development, was originally thinked to be announced on a spanish forum that it's already dead (Despite that, I announced it samely)

But things changed, so probably I will be doing the translation in the next days, I think isn't so'much, so, maybe expect a full translation soon

Greetings

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, its definitely playable even in the current language

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I blew out a massive chunk of the unit descriptions with google translate. Didn't test for stability when putting them back, but if that works out, suffice to say most of the job should be complete on the spot even if it'll take a bit of editing to be truly set.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    I blew out a massive chunk of the unit descriptions with google translate. Didn't test for stability when putting them back, but if that works out, suffice to say most of the job should be complete on the spot even if it'll take a bit of editing to be truly set.
    I can help you doing a good translation, I send you a PM

Would it be possible to extend the map further south so that the Inca Empire and Portuguese Brazil can be included?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Would it be possible to extend the map further south so that the Inca Empire and Portuguese Brazil can be included?
    Of course, what I have on mind is do two custom campaigns more, one for Northamerica (I'm currently on it), and another to Southamerica.

Greetings!

will every faction have enough units when the version is finally done?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    will every faction have enough units when the version is finally done?
    Honestly I don't think so, for two reasons:

1. ¿The natives really haved such variety of units? When I start the mod I thinked to add a lot of units to the natives, but as I and my partner (Juglar, who is anthropologist) investigate we getting know that the natives have what it's on the mod, Spearmen, Hunters and some Warriors. The only natives that have more variety of units was the survivors of the XVI century, ergo, the Northamerica natives; Apachean, Cherokees or Pueblo.

2. When I do the mod I think that the real challenge being a native faction it's know how to use your units to win against a big amount of variety european units.

Despite this, maroon mercenaries can be a good option to South and Mesoamerican factions to have gunpowder units, if, of course, survive enough

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Conceptually, it would be interesting to explore the natives evolving further. I imagine part of why they went so far downhill in the first place is because they tried adapting, but they didn't quite innovate enough to gain a technical advantage. Perhaps the mod could add what-if, european inspired but unique evolution of their units if they last to later game. Some interpretation for the changed history.

What really brought them down were European diseases, without them the Europeans would have remained a tiny minority

Gaming Emeritus

Indeed, I believe like 90% of them died due to diseases... That could be somehow included, that they would field huge armies (compared to spanish) but also very prone to plagues.... (perhaps its already added, sorry Didnt have time to check the mod thoroughfully yet )

The low amount of units is fine I assume, the americas units/battles are supposed to be very different anyway.

But perhaps I suggest you include, that if one tribes destroys another tribe, they would be able to hire their units? I can imagine for regular players it would make it more interesting to play the factions with less units...
    Last edited by Jadli; April 20, 2020 at 05:13 AM.

Conceptually, it would be interesting to explore the natives evolving further. I imagine part of why they went so far downhill in the first place is because they tried adapting, but they didn't quite innovate enough to gain a technical advantage. Perhaps the mod could add what-if, european inspired but unique evolution of their units if they last to later game. Some interpretation for the changed history.
    I though this a few years, and the option that I think can use the Marian Reforms script, who is also on Medieval II and use it to do the same but focused on the American conquest, for example:
    If Aztecs, Tlaxcalans, Mayans, etc... Survive enough they will have gunpowder and cavalry units and more advanced units with better weapons and all stuff.

But first I need to learn how to use Marian Reform in Medieval II and adapt it.

But perhaps I suggest you include, that if one tribes destroys another tribe, they would be able to hire their units? I can imagine for regular players it would make it more interesting to play the factions with less units...
    It's a good suggestion, besides can motivate the player to fight against other native factions, and not only europeans.

Sorry for doble posting but It's only to announce that the translation is ready, here you have the english version of the mod: https://mega.nz/file/Ms0D3JBI#45BV54...FoU1M_wSj_Mf1E

Thanks to CommodusIV for his help, was so helpful

The only thing that we change was the txt so if you're playing a campaign you shouldn't have any problem.

Default Re: Plus Ultra

What other updates will you make for this mod? Great job! I mean it!!

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    What other updates will you make for this mod? Great job! I mean it!!
    I just get noticed that in the teutonic campaign are a change religion script, I'm working on it to bring it to the mod and the natives factions because this can be used like a tech development.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gaming Emeritus

(though, dont want to talk into your stuff, but Im not sure "Plus Ultra" is a good name for a mod... I mean people usually check mods by names.. perhaps name it "Plus Ultra Americas"? )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast