Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

Nice work on this! The mod looks very cool, I'll be sure to try it out once exams are over and all that
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Juanjo1420's Avatar Foederatus

Well the update wouldn't be until I return to the development of the mod because I started my university exams recently, I'll be finishing the last week of june, so:

What is ready for the next update?

- Modernized aztecs after adopt the christianism changing their units, strat models (not all), buildings and allow it to build one level more of the wall to their cities.
    - The north native factions can be a horde if they're are expelled from their homeland.
    - Portugueses will spawn on the campaign on a horde invasion
    - Traduction errors

What isn't ready for the next update?

-Modernize all the other mesoamerican factions with their own activation script, units, etc...

What I need to test to know if can I add it to the mod?

-Activation of Marian Reforms to can use it as a change of era to the American Revolutions and the consequent posibility of add Gran Colombia, USA or Mexico doing the campaign much more longer and interesting

Regards.

Plus Ultra - A better Americas Campaign

Will there be more units for native americans tribes? Just asking!

Virian's Avatar Civis

Will it be possible in future updates to get gunpowder units as the aztecs without accepting chrstianity?

Nice mod, have been enjoying it greatly. One recomendation, however. Can you remove or "trick" the distance from capital multiplier for European factions? Seems odd like for instance, playing as the English, having rampant squaler issues in the Carribean. The game really breaks down about 100 turns in because of unrest in long held territories that have grown in size.

Also, musketeers are absolutely underpowered. Would recruit mercenary archers way before ever building expensive and inadequate musketeers with how mod is currently operating.

Have played several campaigns now. Love it even with the issues above.

About the Musketeers, they have been improved since vanilla but are still not great.

I suggest removing the fire_by_rank.

Your point about the English is well taken, it is impossible to be perfectly accurate in 1521 while having other Europeans playable. I think starting in the Bahams with a couple of villages is probably the best idea. Even in 1600 the other Europeans should not have colonies.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; May 26, 2020 at 11:27 PM.

Default Re: Americas Grand Campaign

[CITA = Juanjo1420; 15902120] Por supuesto, lo que tengo en mente es hacer dos campañas personalizadas más, una para Norteamérica (actualmente estoy en ella) y otra para Sudamérica.

¡Saludos! [/ QUOTE]
    si agrega los incas, podría ponerlos en los tiempos de la revelación inca de Manco, ya que en ese momento los incas tenían caballería (caballos tomados de los españoles) y arcabuceros

Default Re: Americas Grand Campaign

I'm back after my university exams so'll retake the work on the mod

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Will there be more units for native americans tribes? Just asking!
    Only the new which I added via modernization as I said

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    Will it be possible in future updates to get gunpowder units as the aztecs without accepting chrstianity?
    Yes! But, not in my next update, I'll take care of that on a newer version.

Quote Originally Posted by Switz View Post
    Nice mod, have been enjoying it greatly. One recomendation, however. Can you remove or "trick" the distance from capital multiplier for European factions? Seems odd like for instance, playing as the English, having rampant squaler issues in the Carribean. The game really breaks down about 100 turns in because of unrest in long held territories that have grown in size.

Also, musketeers are absolutely underpowered. Would recruit mercenary archers way before ever building expensive and inadequate musketeers with how mod is currently operating.

Have played several campaigns now. Love it even with the issues above.
    I take note of all your issues and I'm gonna work on it to improve that problems that you mentioned, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    About the Musketeers, they have been improved since vanilla but are still not great.

I suggest removing the fire_by_rank.

Your point about the English is well taken, it is impossible to be perfectly accurate in 1521 while having other Europeans playable. I think starting in the Bahams with a couple of villages is probably the best idea. Even in 1600 the other Europeans should not have colonies.
    I take note of your suggestion, I'm gonna try it

As I said in previous posts, I was looking for a funnier campaign with more europeans and natives to fight along the continent so I put several european generals and conquerors and put it on a much closer date that in reality anyway your suggestion about a Bahamas colonie was good but in my next update as I gonna show below I put the europeans right when they have their first colonie.

Quote Originally Posted by Awka_Atoq View Post
    [QUOTE = Juanjo1420; 15902120] Por supuesto, lo que tengo en mente es hacer dos campañas personalizadas más, una para Norteamérica (actualmente estoy en ella) y otra para Sudamérica.

¡Saludos! [/ QUOTE]
    si agrega los incas, podría ponerlos en los tiempos de la revelación inca de Manco, ya que en ese momento los incas tenían caballería (caballos tomados de los españoles) y arcabuceros
    I take note of your suggestion and I will see it when I start work on Southamerica, thanks

Tomo nota de la sugerencia, lo veré cuando empiece a trabajar con el mapa de Sudamerica, gracias

Added features

New map
    Only remains to add the resources and add the script names for the new settlements
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Algonquin units (Reworked)

looks really good so far! I have some opinions and to give you some suggestions:I doon't know if you have 199 settlements already but if you don' then you should put more settlements in Canada, western U.S. North Eastern U.S., northern Mexico, and expanding the islands to put more settlementsIf you can do that then you will be able to put more factionsAll factions should have more variety of units so that the gameplay would be better.The idea is great and I hope for future updates.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Amazing work man!
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

I'm not sure how I didn't see this mod sooner, since I'm part of the C&E team (unit modeling/roster development), but nice work so far! I do have some suggestions regarding unit rosters though.

Spain:
    -Add Halberd Militia, Mounted Crossbowmen, and Trebuchets.

Trebuchets were used by Hernán Cortés during the Siege of Tenochtitlan because the Spanish were running low on gunpowder. Plus, you can use them to spread disease if you're feeling particularly evil. If you're feeling up to it, I'd also suggest making a unit based on the soldados de cuera.
    England:
    -Add Bill Militia, Billmen, Yeoman Archers, Hobelars/Border Horse, and Trebuchets. Maybe add Mounted Longbowmen and Crossbow Militia/Archer Militia.
    -Remove Crossbowmen.

England didn't hop onto the pike-and-shot trend until the 1600s, and in 1520 they still mostly relied on billmen and longbowmen. They almost never had crossbowmen in their armies, although crossbows were still used for hunting on occasion. Mounted longbowmen were real, but historically they dismounted before shooting rather than shooting from horseback. While the Border Horse are a Scottish unit in vanilla, they were some of Queen Elizabeth I's favourite soldiers, and they were hired by the English very often, especially during this time period.
    France:
    -Add Voulge Militia and Trebuchets. Maybe add French Mounted Archers, Dismounted French Archers, and/or Mounted Crossbowmen.

France still used archers in the 1500s, but this was pretty much exclusively as a militia force in Europe. French mounted archers were pretty much identical to English mounted archers. I would also suggest giving France better heavy cavalry than anyone else, since that was their thing.
    Dutch:
    -Add Halberd Militia/Voulge Militia, Sword Militia, Voulgier, Crossbowmen, and Trebuchets.
    -Remove Viking Raiders.

The Dutch invented the blunderbuss, which was mostly used by cavalry and marines; it's possible to implement these if you're willing to add a new projectile. Maurice of Nassau's elite guard was armed with pikes, swords, and bucklers. You could also give them a low-tier archer unit.
    Aztecs:
    -Add Coyote Priests.

Warrior priests in coyote suits was a thing, although admittedly it's not known if they had a special role or if they just had different equipment. If they're being removed because the chanting ability is a little gamey, I'd recommend making them a larger unit with the "frightens nearby enemies" and "inspires nearby troops" passive abilities instead. The Aztecs were reported to have made makeshift pikes or long spears using captured Spanish swords, according to Bernal Diaz: "the lances which [the Aztecs] carried [were] made from the swords captured from us during the great slaughter on the causeways at Mexico."
    Tlaxcalans:
    -Remove Eagle Warriors and Jaguar Warriors.

Tlaxcala should definitely have better archers than the Aztecs and Tarascans and maybe a new elite archer unit, since they were famous for being skilled at archery. The Spanish also gave them crossbows, although there isn't evidence they were actually used in battle. After the Spanish conquered Mexico, the Tlaxcalans were the only natives allowed to own guns and horses as thanks for their help.
    Tarascans:
    -Remove Jaguar Warriors.

I don't have many suggestions regarding what to give them to make up for this, but a fun fact is that the Tarascans were the only native people in this mod that developed metallurgy; they had bronze axes.
    Maya:
    -Remove Jaguar Warriors.

I'm not sure why CA added them here in the first place. Only the Aztecs used them.
    Chichimeca:
    -Add Chichimec Lancers.

The Chichimeca captured horses from the Spanish and used cavalry against them in the Chichimeca War, and it's believed that the Chichimeca were the first natives in the Americas that fought Europeans from horseback.
    I'd be happy to share any work I did on C&E with you. It's mostly European units (you can see the Portuguese here), though I did make a few Aztec and Maya units for another mod, mostly by reskinning vanilla models.
    Last edited by Metal.Pigeon; July 14, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

i believe each native faction should have jaguar warriors, coyote priests, and add some ships and some ports. Some mounted units would be nice as well.

Blog Entries

Nice going dude! Keep at it
    and Peaman

Hi to everyone!

I'm sorry for the time that I didn't update the mod, I was doing personal life stuff, but I'm doing some progress recently, I just finished the Iroquois and Algonquin roster which you can see in the next battle:

As you can see, It's snowing but the battlefield aren't snowy, I figured out that Americas has blocked the winter on battlefield, I was only able to activate the Snow and Blizzard condition posibility in some custom battles and the campaign, but, still can't give you a snowy battlefield, I'll be trying and thinking about it, for now will stay like you see.
    Last edited by Juanjo1420; September 21, 2020 at 02:12 AM.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice! Keep up your great work! ))

where is download link?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLS total war View Post
    where is download link?
    Post #12 has the download link to the 1.0 version
    and Peaman

great mod,looking forward to next update,would also be nice if it was mod foldered and didnt overwrite vanilla americas

For many time I looking for a true Americas experience, and now I'm think I found...
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

hey there cant you make the mod mod foldered?it is extremely strange to see a non mod foldered mod for med 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast