Thread: FOTS Campaign

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default FOTS Campaign

Hey there! I posted a video a while back and got really really positive reviews of it.I posted a second which also did really well. It has been a few months and I've returned to Shogun 2. This time playing a co-op campaign with my buddy Toby. (My name is Darren). We're doing this as a build up to Rome 2. We're playing every other day and have lots of well edited, high quality videos to upload for this campaign.
    We are playing on hard, with large units and we never pause during battle. It's aimed to be kinda light and funny, not deadly serious role play.

Also we are starting a series called "Road To Rome" or "Rome wrap-up" where each week we will discuss what's new in the Rome 2 world. (Rally Point takes ages to come out, and I have yet to find a good Rome discussion video).

So yeah, I usually never ask, but would kindly ask you to subscribe as we are pushing all out on the Total War front and it would really encourage us to keep doing it. We aim to bring high quality, good editing and interesting gameplay/commentary. Also we greatly appreciate feedback and comments, reading and taking on each and every one. So give us a chance!

Lastly we do 2 types of battles in this video (3 in total), 2 from gameplay point of view and 1 from the replay point of view (with our original voices over it) and would like to know which we should do.

The video is quite long, in future we will shorten them hopefully, but the battles are timestamped for those who just like the action

Thank you for reading!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Last edited by DarrenTotalWar; July 07, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Default Re: FOTS Campaign

We have such over-saturation of Lets player right now i have to advice you to post this is in gameplay and strategy discussion. For future threads and make sure not to open another one for video two. Unless it is an overarching thread where you will place all of your game plays preferable in gameplay and strategy discussion.

What we got most right now is lets players that make new accounts just to get exposure for their videos. In the Content lets play rooster we have people like myself,Cosmiccontratrion and Volound.

Editing B+ Casualfun B+ Video quality B+ tutorial value F teamplay battle B+ Difficulty D Commentary B
    C+ Lets play if you ask me. Not bad guys. Hit legendary,stick with total war and come again in a few months. Remember tho there is always room for talent at TWcenter, but talent don't play co-op on hard. They play Legendary solo or Head to Head and chill out.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Citizen

Well we arent trying for a super competitive game. Thanks for rating the different aspects of the video, we just went with hard as we aren't familiar with how difficult it could get. It's not really aimed as a tutorial as the game has been out for ages, we just started with this because of Rome coming soon so we thought we'd gather some support for our videos in the future. It's more of just a casual, fun, decent quality and good editing kind of experience to show you guys what you get in the next one.
    I didnt create this account for my channel, I've had this account since RTW 1 came out and I was modding But thanks very much for your feedback, it's really appreciated. I'll make 1 big thread to hold all our videos in then. Thanks!

Oh and I dunno if you watched it all, but did you prefer the replay style battle or the gameplay one?

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

tutorial value F
    I've learned very little from LP's.

I'll watch. I enjoy co-ops. thanks.

Citizen

Yeah it's purely supposed to be entertaining. I do my own multiplayer battles which are a little more on the tactical side.

Casualfun is better for a stream than youtube btw.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Casualfun is better for a stream than youtube btw.
    Hm weird it's the opposite for me, I don't ever watch streams of anything, but if I did, it would be to watch skill, youtube is like... late night television for me, just wanna be entertained.

Anyways, I couldn't stream if I wanted to :
    1: I dunno how. I have DxTory but it would be alot of work to config for me.
    2: My internet couldn't handle it. (I live in Ireland and the best internet I can get where I live is a 1.0mb connection (at best, it drops alot. ) )
    3: My PC probably couldnt handle it either.