View Poll Results: Internal conflict "civil wars" similar to realm divide?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they just changed the name

9 14.29%
  • No, they are totally different

54 85.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is " internal conflict " the same as realm divide?

Default Is " internal conflict " the same as realm divide?

What do you think?

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Is " internal conflict " the same as realm divide?

How can possibly a feature named internal conflict be similar to realm divide, where all the other factions attack the player, is beyond my imagination.

In shougun 2, whenever realm divide starts, you cant expand anymore. All you have to do is to prepare measures for defense. All clans will become your enemies even your allies. That means that the current shogun has too much influence as in no oppositions. Was it true?I hope in rome 2, once civil wars occur, you can still expand your empire and conquer other nations. I dont like it whenever you have become powerful, you will be treated as a traitor by other families and all you have to do is to defend your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Regent George View Post
    How can possibly a feature named internal conflict be similar to realm divide, where all the other factions attack the player, is beyond my imagination.
    What i mean, in shogun 2, when you become powerful, all clans will attack you in comparison with rome 2, whenever you become powerful, all other families in your faction will attack you. Just my opinion.

"Is internal conflict the same as realm divide?"

Nope and we'll be talking about it in more detail over the coming weeks.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Thanks will.

I understood it to mean that if your fame rating (or whatever it is called) drops below a certain point - due to battle failures, assassination failures or just generally doing a poor job running everything overall your people getting unhappy. For the factions with several parts (Rome & Carthage), if your interaction with them fails to put you on top then you're in trouble.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I saw the phrase "Imperium power" Somewhere - I think that has to do with faction politics.

Sounds beast. IMPERIUM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    "Is internal conflict the same as realm divide?"

Nope and we'll be talking about it in more detail over the coming weeks.
    Thanks, that's good cause realm divide always kicked my butt...

i saw that unlike realm divide in Rome 3 even if your really weak the internal conflict kicks up and some other family rises to kick you out for doing a horrible job but also if you're the strongest then all others get jealous and the civil war starts, so if playing Rome you have to have your family influence high but not too high if you want to be a republic, if you're looking to be an empire then the civil war is a future thing you are going to have to crush, though this is all my guess can't wait to see more info on this soon
    Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    “Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not? I myself believe, perhaps on insufficient grounds, that the common man will win his fight sooner or later, but I want it to be sooner and not later—some time within the next hundred years, say, and not some time within the next ten thousand years. That was the real issue of the Spanish war, and of the last war, and perhaps of other wars yet to come.”

I hope civil wars wont occur if you maintain the happiness of people and senate....

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    In shougun 2, whenever realm divide starts, you cant expand anymore. All you have to do is to prepare measures for defense. All clans will become your enemies even your allies. That means that the current shogun has too much influence as in no oppositions. Was it true?I hope in rome 2, once civil wars occur, you can still expand your empire and conquer other nations. I dont like it whenever you have become powerful, you will be treated as a traitor by other families and all you have to do is to defend your family.
    It should be in line with Fall/Rise of the samurai where your most staunt allies stay by your side while the rest makes a new alliance themselves, thus forming 2 giant opposing blocs. I loved that idea and CA would certainly bring it, or an upgraded version of it to Rome 2. Perhaps a few factions would still refuse to join both sides, perhaps to make sure your allies wont abandon you in the darkest of time you need to fulfil certain requirements etc.

I remember you had 'Civil Wars' between the Roman factions in the original Rome, but it was never anything like the scale for Shogun II. It was also possible to win the game without resorting to Civil War if you played a short campaign. Sadly for Shogun II it is impossible to complete a single campaign without Realm Divide occurring. I much preferred the Fall of the Samurai campaign when your allies stuck with you under your respective Shogunate or Imperial banners.

It's probably going to be a good version of the revolutions(Plus the thing with the mad nobles) in Empire

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    What do you think?
    Im sure it will be sort of the same.

By that i mean that you'll have a gauge, and when you reach a certain point (X amount of provinces conquered or X amount of power accrued or whatever), then all hell breaks loose. Instead of S2's having everyone else on the map getting hostile, this is likely to be more of an internal thing, with revolts, rebellious armies, defections, and so on within your Empire.

In short, an utterly retarded feature. Hopefully im wrong (but i dont expect to be)
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

It was retarded in S2, but not much so in FoS. In S2, you were in man-vs-the-world situation where even the most hated enemies became allies and turned to you. The most annoying utter frustrating part was the minor factions like a certain one on small island periodically drop armies onto your shore with all of its daimyo family. It was just too gamey, too unrealistic to bear.

I suppose you can say they are totally different, in the way that a red apple is totally different than an apple that's green.

and no thats not some snide remark towards Realm Divide.

[N2]Kami's Avatar Semisalis

From non-english speaker like me, internal conflict sound like cold war where everybody hostile against each other and you can't go out to see the sunlight without fear of being back-stabbed
    And yeah, Realm Divide suck in so many level.

Many players stop playing shogun 2 whenever realm divide occurs, i hope it wont happen again in rome 2...

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Realm Divide was necessary for end game challenge in Shogun 2 otherwise end game is extremely boring. I hope Internal Conflict is at least as deadly as Realm Divide.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast