Thread: Army markers/Flag holders

Default Army markers/Flag holders

I don't really know what to call em', but the flag holders (or armies) on the campaign map looks weird. I mean, they look like statues instead of people holding a flag. I also noticed how the stick holding the flag up is cut in half. So it makes it even more weird and odd. Couldn't it just be a full stick holding a flag? It would also be cool if the flags had animations, like waves. Instead of it just being in one spot.

And if you look a bit more closely, you can tell that the person isn't actually holding the flag. It looks a bit disconnected.

Does this make any sense? Or am I rambling?

Default Re: Army markers/Flag holders

Well since this is a screenshot, you probably won't see the animations

How many more threads do we need to discuss the same photos?

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

I also think its a bit odd that its not showing the generals holding the flags that is pretty weird almost looks unfinished to me which is not a good sign.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Domesticus

Really dude? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    I also think its a bit odd that its not showing the generals holding the flags that is pretty weird almost looks unfinished to me which is not a good sign.
    ''Almost looks unfinished'' WHAT THE HELL dude, there is still 3 months til release and you say that it looks unfinished, well no ****. And you people are so ungrateful. Every day on this forum people wanted to see the campaign map, well when you see do it you start whining about it, whine about animations not showing up on A SCREENSHOT or it being too cartoonish..... Just be happy for what you get. Or you could just wait until release.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This is one of the first things i actually noticed when i saw this screenshots.

They look weird to me too, i don't know if it is the shield+banner choice (banner+weapon looked better),or the stance itself (maybe it is just that the "stick" is too short and feels physically disproportionate (it should reach the ground at leats).

In the other hand, this is probably not the angle in which the game is designed to be played, so maybe it looks better from the usual more isometric view (aka from above). Most top-down games tend to exagerate proportions, sizes and animations in order to look right from above.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    This is one of the first things i actually noticed when i saw this screenshots.

They look weird to me too, i don't know if it is the shield+banner choice (banner+weapon looked better),or the stance itself (maybe it is just that the "stick" is too short and feels physically disproportionate (it should reach the ground at leats).

In the other hand, this is probably not the angle in which the game is designed to be played, so maybe it looks better from the usual more isometric view (aka from above). Most top-down games tend to exagerate proportions, sizes and animations in order to look right from above.
    Haha yea, this was something I noticed right away when I fist saw the images as well. The banners just look out of balance to me, all that really needs to be done is extent the pole to the ground and I think it would look fine.

You are aware that it's a screenshot right?

Since RTW the characters are always shown moving a bit or as someone would do if asked to stand still.