Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$ Best Rome II Prices $$$

Default Re: $$$ Best Rome II Prices $$$

Quote Originally Posted by uzo70 View Post
    Just wanna put in this http://www.thehut.com/games/platform.../10622825.html it is The Hut which basically is the same as the Zaavi.com with Price, description and free delivery, but you know, some people might already have an account there
    Thanks, added under "Regional" section
    Last edited by StealthFox; June 15, 2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: continuity

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Best Price for Russia and othet RU space - 899 рублей http://www.totalwars.ru/index.php/no...otal-wars.html

Add to "Current best deals (Region-specific)" - and the rest can be removed from there as irrelevant
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by aaSimplicity View Post

Having said that, what about those people that buy the game after it releases? They will have to spend extra cash to play as Greek states. Imagine the original RTW being released without having the Greeks as a playable faction?
    Now, I don't mind DLCs that are released after the game is initially sold. But day-one DLCs... not a big fan of that. Might as well package it with the main game, imo.
    Yeah, this propably has nothing to do with CA, it's publishers and retailers that make deals like this, but still, if it is day one dlc, I just don't want to support that stuff. Everything released after post launch I don't care, it can be rpiced anything, and cen be anything, but cutted content, no no. But then thinking buying it without it, and then dlc, I would still be "supporting" day one dlc... After thinking it over, I don't think there is right way of doing this, but to just give up and buy the damn pre-order deal.

So I will just keep eye on this thread, it is a good idea. Is there a way knowing which sources give most to the devs? Like Steam takes cut, physical copy, is that actually less profitable for them, and so on, or is it pretty much the same all around?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Yeah, this propably has nothing to do with CA, it's publishers and retailers that make deals like this, but still, if it is day one dlc, I just don't want to support that stuff. Everything released after post launch I don't care, it can be rpiced anything, and cen be anything, but cutted content, no no. But then thinking buying it without it, and then dlc, I would still be "supporting" day one dlc... After thinking it over, I don't think there is right way of doing this, but to just give up and buy the damn pre-order deal.

So I will just keep eye on this thread, it is a good idea. Is there a way knowing which sources give most to the devs? Like Steam takes cut, physical copy, is that actually less profitable for them, and so on, or is it pretty much the same all around?
    It doesn't really work that way, since CA is owned by SEGA. SEGA gets all of the money (expect the part that goes to the retailers and similar, Steam takes 30% for example), CA doesn't have their own budgets, they get a budget from SEGA every time they make a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by SHREDDER View Post
    Best Price for Russia and othet RU space - 899 рублей http://www.totalwars.ru/index.php/no...otal-wars.html

Add to "Current best deals (Region-specific)" - and the rest can be removed from there as irrelevant
    Very good deal, and it looks like it includes the Greek DLC!
    Added under "Region" section. However, I am still leaving the other offers on the list.
    The idea is to give people choices, because sometimes people are unable to buy from a specific place (due to payment methods, or perhaps other reasons).
    Thanks

do we need vpn to activate the russian key ?
    Never argue with a pig; It just frustrates you and annoys the pig.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by fy9090 View Post
    Probably, and that's unfortunately is against the Steam TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by fy9090 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    Probably, and that's unfortunately is against the Steam TOS.
    I think : YES, IT MUST use Russia IP to active.

so I don't recommend [b u y] Russia Digital KEY when you are not live in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitagi View Post
    I think : YES, IT MUST use Russia IP to active.

so I don't recommend [b u y] Russia Digital KEY when you are not live in Russia.
    It's not the case if someone buys it on the russian ver of Steam and gift it to you, mine activated without a problem. (Am from Malaysia)
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

From post #59 in the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by aaSimplicity View Post
    The game is not region-locked to play, however you cannot buy a game from a foreign Steam store. You can have a foreign friend gift you Rome II. You will then be able to play the game from anywhere.
    The Russian Steam store currently has the lowest price for pre-ordering the game, so if you've got a friend that lives in Russia, you're in luck!
    Use of VPN is also against Steam's TOS.

Let say,
    I bought a russian key. And let a friend in russia log in my steam account and activate the game, does it work ?

@Elen,
    Can you friend do the same to me ^^?
    Never argue with a pig; It just frustrates you and annoys the pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Eien View Post
    It's not the case if someone buys it on the russian ver of Steam and gift it to you, mine activated without a problem. (Am from Malaysia)

thanks for your information.
    I don't try Steam gift, because I don't have russian friends.

as far as I know, the (main game program) russia code must use russia IP when you (active, downloading, playing).
    but DLC is not need that.

example:

x russia key, must use russia IP
    Total War: Shogun 2 <~ main game program
    o russia dlc key, but not need use russia IP
    Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai <~ DLC

if it not correct, please notification me.

@fy9090
    I am 99% sure it will work. But if you do have a friend in Russia, it's safer to just let him/her gift you the game.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hiho I haven“t read all of your Post but in case you need the costs here in Germany
    49.99€ on Amazon (physical)
    54.99€ on steam (dl) as usual at least 5 € more expensive
    i“ll check out the warehouses if you like, but there are not so many more places where you can buy physical copies anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitagi View Post
    thanks for your information.
    I don't try Steam gift, because I don't have russian friends.

as far as I know, the (main game program) russia code must use russia IP when you (active, downloading, playing).
    but DLC is not need that.

example:

x russia key, must use russia IP
    Total War: Shogun 2 <~ main game program
    o russia dlc key, but not need use russia IP
    Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai <~ DLC

if it not correct, please notification me.
    The safest way into check the russian steam store page of the game

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru

and look for warnings like

Notice: Purchases made in Russia and CIS countries will only be playable in Russia and CIS countries.
    other than that, it should be safe, but do look out for the language as well, as the RU version might be RU only. (Insofar my CoH2 Open Beta is still in English so it's safe i think.)

and fy9090, sorry, don't think he will, he barely uses Steam at all, i called in a favour to get him to get the games for me.
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    Hiho I haven“t read all of your Post but in case you need the costs here in Germany
    49.99€ on Amazon (physical)
    54.99€ on steam (dl) as usual at least 5 € more expensive
    i“ll check out the warehouses if you like, but there are not so many more places where you can buy physical copies anymore...
    Well, check out the OP then . Please don't spend 50€ on the game, shop around first.
    You can get a physical or digital copy in Germany (and the rest of EU) for ~35€!
    Last edited by ♞Rogue General♞; June 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Just updated the retailer lists for the standard and collector's edition:

Standard: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Rome2_preorders
    Collector's: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...or%27s_Edition

I haven't checked the prices, but hopefully some of them will make the list.

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post

-Will CA
    Any CE love for those of us in the Asian region? D:
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post

-Will CA
    Still nobody in Ireland selling the CE

@Will CA
    Thanks for the input, added links to OP.