Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$ Best Rome II Prices $$$

Default Re: Rome II Price Check: Community-made Guide to the Best Deals

Thank you for that link. Unfortunately, it seems that all the top sellers on that list either
    a) don't mention the Greek Cultures DLC
    or
    b) they specifically state that they might not have the full version of the game

For example, the first seller on the list has this disclaimer in the product description:

"IMPORTANT: Please note that FAST2PLAY pre-orders may not include same bonuses as direct Steam, Origin, etc. purchase!"

Quote Originally Posted by aaSimplicity View Post
    -Product must be the "full version"... e.g. you can pre-order Rome II quite cheaply in some online stores, but you may not get the Greek Cultures pack. Read the fine print.
    Also, the prices are higher than what is already listed in the OP

Default Re: Best Online Pre-order Deal: Current $40.59

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    is Ozgame legit?

and do they ship to canada?

edit: this part confuses me:

so are they giving me a physical copy or are they sending me the code?

I can confirm that Ozgameshop IS legit.

I've used them for NTW, S2TW and BF3. I've preordered BF4 atm too. I'll use them for R2TW as soon as my next paycheque comes in. They were a TAD slow to get it sent out to me(1 or two days after game release), but it's worth the cheaper price. I've got $5 further discount on BF3 and BF4, because they often have deals where you get certain amount of points for preordering, which can be used to take a maximum of $5 off your next order. So I'm going to pay $40 for the physical copy of Rome 2!

-TC-
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    i live in argentina. how can i buy the game, the cheaper release, without adding money to paypal or those things?
    To buy online you always need to use a Debit / Credit card, Paypal, or similar system (ex. Google Wallet).
    Otherwise, look for a (physical) store near you that sells video games.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm basically trying to find where I can get the Collector's Edition. If I can't get the CE then it's digital download for me.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

[N2]Kami's Avatar Semisalis

You can get a digital copy from steam in Russia at the price of 40$ if you have relatives there.

@[N2]Kami Thanks, added! Also, the price in Russia is actually less than $40:

руб = 23.86= $31.20 (USD)

Interesting finds.

@[N2]Kami Thanks, added! Also, the price in Russia is actually less than $40:

руб = 23.86= $31.20 (USD)
    Just saying Russian games on Steam are region locked to Russia. I got Rome 2 through a person from Georgia (Steam Gift) for $35 in TF2 keys.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I'm basically trying to find where I can get the Collector's Edition. If I can't get the CE then it's digital download for me.
    -Added "Collectors Edition" field
    -Added currencies/ updated prices
    -Fixed links

Quote Originally Posted by STYLiNGtooFAST View Post
    Just saying Russian games on Steam are region locked to Russia. I got Rome 2 through a person from Georgia (Steam Gift) for $35 in TF2 keys.
    Hmm, I was under the impression that games are account-locked, not region-locked. For example, you can have a Russian friend gift you Rome II (at Russian Steam price) to your account. You will then be able to play that game (wherever you might be located). You cannot, however, buy from the Russian Steam store if you live in a different country:

Rules and stuff

Helpful tip:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is it allowed if I ask someone else to buy a game that is not locked to a region, and gift it to me?
    Yes, this is allowed. BY THE WAY, this also works fine on region locked games. It helps to have a friend in a non-locked country like USA, because they can buy the game and gift it to you, and it's perfectly legal.

Also, mind that some games have different region versions. Those versions count by where they have been bought, not where they have been installed.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3009074

If anyone finds any juicy deals for the Standard or Collector's Edition, let us know

If you happen to know someone in Russia, ask them to buy Rome 2 there and gift you their copy (I bought most of my non-sale games this way). Its only $31, completely legit, and it beats anything retail, the best "deal" atm (which is true for many other games as well). There are games that region locked but the majority aint - Rome 2 AFAIK isnt, so double-check it yourself. I remember there are tricks and sites specifically made to check if which games are locked, but cant recall any atm.

Please be noted that only gifted game counts, if you use VPN to buy game there is against Steam EULA.

Edit: another way to get game from Russian region is by 3rd party websites: they sell you CD key from retail boxes. However I dont advise anyone doing this way since there is absolutely no guarantee. If you are well prepared for the risk and still interested, google cdkeyhouse, I bought Anno 2070 from them a while back.
    Last edited by kronpas; June 05, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

@kronpas

Thanks for the info. I'm seeing mixed reviews for cdkeyhouse, though.
    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ww...nt=contextmenu
    http://www.webutation.net/go/review/cdkeyhouse.com

They have quite a few unflattering reviews.

Not all games purchased on the Russian Steam store are region locked, but if you're interested, you can pretty much check yourself;

Go to the Steam store and add /?cc=ru to the url. This will take you to the Russian version of the store. Check out different games and you'll see that the region locked games have a warning on the game's page. Off the top of my head, Borderlands 2, Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite (just as examples) were recent titles that had this warning.

Other games such as Call of Duty Ghosts have a (RU) tag added to the title on the Russian store. Rome II, which is also a pre-order, has no warnings or tags. The same languages are listed for the US, UK, EU and RU versions. Therefore I highly doubt that RII is region locked. Hope that helps.

My own single copy still works, so they aint all that bad. Perhaps as a small business they cant afford to refund/send new CDkey every time things go wrong and people are pissed off because of that.

Now I finally got time to read your #1 post it seems I dont contribute much besides the unreliable cdkeyhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Darvich View Post
    Go to the Steam store and add /?cc=ru to the url. This will take you to the Russian version of the store.
    I wonder if this is allowed ? I just test and it works on my browser and change it to UK. Buying the game is GBP is more cheaper than USD which by default in my country the game is priced in USD.

Anyone have any ideas ?

I wonder if this is allowed ? I just test and it works on my browser and change it to UK. Buying the game is GBP is more cheaper than USD which by default in my country the game is priced in USD.

Anyone have any ideas ?
    I'm telling you how to look at the store pages from other countries. These are NOT instructions on how to buy from them! It's not possible to do it like that anyway.

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Is there any store that ship the physical copy to any part of the world???

Quote Originally Posted by Darvich View Post
    I'm telling you how to look at the store pages from other countries. These are NOT instructions on how to buy from them! It's not possible to do it like that anyway.
    I already have the game on my cart though I have not paid for it yet. When I change the store it automatically change the currency reducing the price. I'm still trying to find Steam FAQ about this, just in case.

I already have the game on my cart though I have not paid for it yet. When I change the store it automatically change the currency reducing the price. I'm still trying to find Steam FAQ about this, just in case.
    Don't worry, they won't let you do it. It would be nice if it was that easy!! They just give you a message saying the price has been changed when you try to pay.

@Darvich & LestaT
    Like I said, the game is not region-locked to play, however you cannot buy a game from a foreign Steam store. You can have a foreign friend gift you Rome II. You will then be able to play the game from anywhere.
    The Russian Steam store currently has the lowest price for pre-ordering the game, so if you've got a friend that lives in Russia, you're in luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    My own single copy still works, so they aint all that bad. Perhaps as a small business they cant afford to refund/send new CDkey every time things go wrong and people are pissed off because of that.

Now I finally got time to read your #1 post it seems I dont contribute much besides the unreliable cdkeyhouse
    No worries- somebody, somewhere will find your post helpful. The more info we pass around, the better for all of us.
    Don't hesitate to post something that you think might be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz View Post
    Is there any store that ship the physical copy to any part of the world???
    Might I suggest you take a look at the OP? Perchance your question will be answered without you having to even ask

Current best deals (WORLDWIDE)
    Digital Download

$41.99 AUD
    Get it here: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/t...-email-game-pc
    Game code sent by email.
    Site review:http://www.webutation.net/go/review/ozgameshop.com
    -------------------
    34.90€
    Get it here: http://elitekeys.com/total-war-rome-...name=rome%20ii
    Site review: http://www.trustpilot.com/review/elitekeys.com
    * Side note- My own experiences dealing with EliteKeys was very good
    -------------------
    $44.96 USD
    Get it here: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/si/e...l-war-rome-ii/
    Use this voucher: GMG25-PLPFE-BCSAS

Physical Copy

$45.99 AUD
    Get it here: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/t...us-dlc-game-pc
    Free delivery - Only ships to Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, New Zealand, United States
    Site review:http://www.webutation.net/go/review/ozgameshop.com
    ------------------
    £29.98
    Get it here: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10622825.html
    Free shipping within the EU, £0.99 for shipping anywhere else. Full list of countries they ship to:
    http://www.zavvi.com/articles/intern...-delivery.list
    Last edited by ♞Rogue General♞; June 06, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

found this on reddit

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1213-total-war-rome-ii

[Nuuvem] Total War: ROME II for 28.48€ (20% off)

as far as i know Nuuvem is legit site and it is possible to buy stuff there even if u are not from brazil (use g translate etc.)
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!