Thread: Echuma: an alternative world mod for RTW

Foederatus

Default Echuma: an alternative world mod for RTW

Q: What is this mod about?
    A: The mod is going have a similar concept of Thera: Legacy of the Great Torment for M2TW Kingdoms. It is going to be set in a fantasy world with classical times (500 BC - 476 AD)/dark ages (476-1066)-like nations.

Q: What is the setting then?
    A: In the central continent of Euxinia a once great empire is in the middle of a bloody civil war: the emperor's four sons are fighting for the throne. This is the most important event that sets the world into chaos: the empire once had control over the entire planet. Due to the civil war the planet is now divided into small nations fighting for power.

Q: What are the factions?
    A: These are the factions in the continent of Euxinia (thinking on the other ones)
    1. Diocletian Empire (the falling empire, late roman-like faction, it is led by Diocletius XIV, the first-born of the old emperor Diocletius XIII)
    2. Duchy of Dana (rueld by Symmachos. one of the emperor's four sons, hellenistic-like faction with strong roman influence)
    3. Flavian Empire (Flavius is one of the emperor's four sons, augustan roman-like faction with some late roman influence)
    4. County of Makepolis (ruled by Iulos, one of the emperor's sons, hellenic and roman republic-like faction)

The first release is going to be custom battles with most of the factions in it. I can work on the units and some of the text editing but I'll need help with scripting, text editing and mapping.

This is going to be for BI 1.6

Foederatus

Default Re: Echuma: an alternative world mod for RTW

Started working on the units of the Diocletian Empire (mostly reskins right now, in another release there will be some new units).
    Here's the roster (latin may be mixed with medieval latin and it's not accurate)
    1. Satellites
    Every member of the imperial family brings with him a group of Satellites in battle. These highly trained and experienced horsemen are armed with some of the best weapons and armor of the whole world. They charge with long spears and fight with swords in close combats.
    2. Caballarii
    The Caballarii may seem weak, but used correctly they could change the course of a battle. They throw javelins and usually avoid close combats due to their weak leather armor and due to their horses, bred mostly to ride and not to charge.
    3. Equites
    The basic heavy horsmen, the Equites are the backbone of the imperial cavalry. They are equipped with chainmail armor, a shield and a sword and are perfect for flanking the enemy army.
    4. Equites Extraordinarii
    These horsemen are recruited in the provinces of the Empire and thus receive a little less training than the regular Equites.
    5. Equites Excursores
    The Equites Excursores are good for both hand to hand and ranged fights thanks to their training and the combination of light and heavy equipment.
    6. Equites Hastati
    The Hastati are a cavalry unit capable of breaking almost any infantry formation. Their horses are armored and they are equipped with scale armor and lances.
    7. Caballarii Extraordinarii
    The provincial version of the Caballarii.
    8. Satellites Palatii
    Similar to the imperial bodyguards, the Satellites Palatii can only be recruited in Dioclia, the capital of the Empire.
    9. Milites Evocati
    These men fight for free for the Empire but have very poor equipment.
    10. Milites Onerati
    The Onerati are heavily equipped infantrymen armed with longswords, shields and javelins.
    11. Milites Veterani
    Veterans of some of the Empire's recent wars, the Veterani are equipped as regular Milites but they are more experienced.
    12. Milites (similar to Comitatenses in BI)
    The backbone of the imperial army. They wear chainmail armor, fight with short swords, throw javelins and defend themselves with shields.
    13. Excursores
    A basic unit of skirmishers. The Excursores usually begin the battle by throwing their spears against the enemy front lines.
    14. Hastati Onerati
    A heavier version of the Hastati.
    15. Hastati
    They wear leather armor and can deal with most cavalry.
    16. Milites Palatii
    Dismounted version of the Satellites Palatii. They throw javelins before charging.
    17. 18. 19. 20... Several special legions

Foederatus

First unit: Speculatores
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Seems trustworthy... hope it doesn't die like mine

Foederatus

Thanks. The units are going to be a mix of BI and RTW units with texture changes and maybe some model changes too.
    The most difficult thing to do will be the map because I) I have to think how it will look, II) I NEED A MAPPER (but I'm going to do some experiments and try learning mapping myself)