Thread: So Many CTD's and lag

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default So Many CTD's and lag

Almost every 2nd turn I have a CTD with this mod, especially when armies are involved in large battles and all movement points are used in 1 turn. I also have quite a bit of lag if even 1 army is a full stack.

I play using the Alex engine, all patched up to date, RS2 environments installed, huge unit size and all details on battle and campaign map don't go above medium. When I play the RS2 mod I can use high settings with no lag unless theres more than 3 full stacks on the field so it's weird that I always get a lot of lag with this modOn the campaign map also the music kind of skips a note sometimes as if it's about to crack and ctd if I'm scrolling through the map.

I've started 2 campaigns one as England and in 35 turns I've had between 12-15 CTD's. In the Teutonic campaign after 40 turns I've had about the same. An especially notorius CTD is if an enemy sallies forth from a siege and loses the game then crashes if I exterminate the population.

This era is definately one of my favourites and I love what the creators did with this mod in terms of detail and atmosphere but it's just completely unstable, at least from my install. Is there anything I can do to stop all these CTD's or is this known and being worked on?
    Last edited by Agrippa19; June 02, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: So Many CTD's and lag

for the CTD thing,, two things are related:
    1.RTW engine is a great but an old one with limited extremities, and i think we reached them all with RM, so low computers will not handle the overstreched old engine and will give CTDs and better computers will not.
    2.it's very important to get the latest hotfix, togother with some skills in avoiding rtw ctds as turning autosave off.
    it's almost all about your computer.