Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Japan (97 new regions, 101 new factions)

Default Re: Expanded Japan mod (39 new regions, 31 new factions)

The Tsuchimochi clan existed for seven hundred years in Northern Hyuga. Tsuchimochi Chikanari, Wakasa no Kami, was noted Daimyo (warlord) and held Matsuo castle in Mimigawa, Kyushu. His father is Chikashige-

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

uanime5, I haven't really been following the progress on your mod, but I must say you've done some great work. Your mod really proves the capabilities of the tools for modding the campaign map.

I don't know if you are interested but, I have done some exploring and I think I have figured out how to implement custom battlemap tiles onto the campaign map, something which you may find useful for your new regions.

1.) IDO YOSHIHIRO 1532 --- clan related to the Tsutsui, not always allies but on good terms at this time; "later Yoshihiro ceded Ido-jo to his son SATOHIRO and then served ODA NOBUNAGA". 2) OCHI CLAN --- UTSUNOMIYA was a family which claimed descent from imperial Prince Iyo and the OCHI, IYO-TACHIBANA and the KONO are all known as descendants of Prince Iyo. 3.) DAIHOJI MUTO clan ruled Shonai district of DEWA for generations. 1532 they moved from DAIHOJI castle to Ora and built OURA-JO. The castle is @ an edge of a mountain ridge that stretches from the east of Mount Takadate. 4.) KANBE TOMOMORI 1526, adopted ODA (KANBE) NOBUTAKA. 5.) SEKI MORINOBU 1515, KAZUMASA (All without dates are born within 5 years of 1545. 6.) MATSUNAGA HIAHIDE 1510, HISAMICHI 1538. 7.) YUSA NAGANORI....seems to back the Soshu Hatakeyama's--- I only find a NOBUMORI and don't know if this is his son. 8.) ATAGI FUYUYASU 1528, NOBUMASA. 9.) SAIONJI SANEMITSU 1510, KINTAKA (killed by Utsunomiya so he adopted a nephew but this is a little later so we can make one for his heir....he died fighting it says. 10.) NAITO KUNISADA, SADAKATSU ---nothing much but ill look more at home. 11.) NASU TAKASUKE 1520, SUKETANE 1527 brother. 12.) KOGA-ASHIKAGA HARUUJI 1503, YOSHIUJI 1541. 13.) KIMOTSUKI KANETSUGU 1511, YOSHIKANE 1535. 14.) KAMACHI AKIMORI 1520, SHIGENAMI. 15.) TSUCHIMOCHI CHIKASHIGE, CHIKANARI. 16.) SUGI OKITSURA 1506. 17.) ASO KORETOYO 1493, KOREMASA 1526 AND KORETANE 1539. 18.) MATSUURA TAKANOBU 1529, SHIGENOBU. 19.) AKIZUKI FUMITANE 1512, TANEZANE. 20.) ONODERA KAGEMICHI OR TERUMICHI 1534. NIHONMATSU YOSHIKUNI 1524, YOSHITSUGU BORN 1552 (the one whom kidnapped the Date head). 21.) SHIBA TSUNEAKI 1500, AKIZANE 1524. 22.) OSAKI YOSHINAO 1514, YOSHITAKA. ------------------------------------------------------ lemme get home and I will get HIENUKI AND ASONUMA WITH THE JPG ILL SEND BACK SHOWING DIVISION---- ALSO IS THERE ROOM ENOUGH FOR TWO CLANS WHERE OURA IS? RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE? IF NOT NOW WORRIES---- JUST CHECKING---

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I don't know if you are interested but, I have done some exploring and I think I have figured out how to implement custom battlemap tiles onto the campaign map, something which you may find useful for your new regions.
    This is great news, I find that all field battles which happened in the new region have wrong titles and the landscape isn't fit the campaign map, maybe implement custom battle map tiles can solve that problem

Though I could split Sannohe (Oura's region) the left area would be mostly mountains. Also the clan you want to put here (Tsugaru) was known as the Oura clan during this time period (they changed their name in 1590).

Also is there a clan that I can give the area between the Tone and Arakawa rivers to. At present it owned by Yuki, North Musashi, and South Musashi yet none of these factions have a settlement in this area.

Finally is there who wants to help make the new banners for these factions? It will take me a while to make 25-30 banners, so if someone else helps me make these banners this update will be released quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    Can you tell me how to do this. Even if I can't use it in this campaign it will be useful for making Korea more accurate in my Imjin mod.
    Last edited by uanime5; August 29, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Long week-- if u can blow this up lemme know. Did you happen to find mons or a good place to get them yet? I did find a little more info: Naito Kunisada b.1505. Chiba Tanetomi b. 1527 (his father is leader atm). Sugi Okikazu b. 1511, I'm assuming Okitsura is a son- Yusa Nobumori b. 1524 use that if you need because i'm not able to find a birthdate for Naganori.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new regions.jpg  

-------------------->>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

Mogami and Osaki area--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEWDATE.png  

I haven't started looking for mons as the order I do things is add new regions, add new borders and roads, add new factions, make new faction banners. I make things in this order as I can't check that the borders and roads are correct if I assign them to an unplayable faction.

Where is Hienuki located in Iwate? Your description says it's "below Shiba and borders Asonuma" but it's not on the map.

Unsure about giving Oshu to Date as I've given them Yonezawa, though I could move Hatakeyama (Nihonmatsu) here and give Sendai to Osaki.

This is the first time you've mentioned Nikaho. What's their main city/castle and who is their daimyo?

Nikaho Kiyohisa - Honjo castle, Yuri district, former Ugo province. Yuri clan started out but was stripped in 1200's; up to 12 clans governed the area until Satake and Rokugo clans. I was thinking that you had to cut a province for Date so I needed to move Kasai higher- ill re-do the other one in a minute as well. If Namioka lost his castle to Oura in 30-35 years after our start and they were a Nanbu retainer until then, this could work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG   OSAKI-KASAI.PNG   NAMIOKA.png  

1.) OYAMA Takatomo -- Younger son of YUKI Masatomo, became heir of OYAMA clan. Gion castle Oyama City. 2.) SANO Yasutsuna -- The descendants of Ashikaga no Nariyuki now known as Sano and Asonuma came to serve the Kamakura shogunate as gokenin (direct vassals). Utsunomiya vassal out of Tsuga district and Karasawayama castle. 3.) ODA Masaharu b. 1492 and son Ujiharu b. 1534 Oda castle Hitachi province. fought the Satake. 4.) NARITA Nagayasu b. 1508 lord of Oshi castle in Gyoda Saitama, Musashi province. Ujinaga b. 1542 and Osatada 1547.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHIMOTSUKE-MUSASHI.PNG  

Thanks for all the additional information. Narita is what I need to fit between these two rivers.

As Nanbu no longer controls Morioka in Iwate what castle/city and district do they now control?

I probably won't be able to add Oyama as this area is so small. Though I can add Sano.

Unsure about adding Oda as two Oda factions may confuse some players (most likely people will think it's a typo and keep pointing this out).

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Thanks for all the additional information. Narita is what I need to fit between these two rivers. (I forgot to add one if possible sticky I know but it also messes up with people crying whos this Ashikaga? that doesn't happen ? on other side of proposed Narita there's a piece of land and then river then Yuki's castle. That piece could be Koga-Ashikaga...technically I have no idea what an appropriate alternate name would be Koga Kubo or Kubo? Not by any means but im sure the masses will say a name that is more appropriate.)
    As Nanbu no longer controls Morioka in Iwate what castle/city and district do they now control? (Kunohe castle in Ninohe, Iwate)
    I probably won't be able to add Oyama as this area is so small. Though I can add Sano. ( Either Sano or Oyama in that spot; if Oyama then they could be allied to Yuki and be able to try n withstand the Hojo onslaught or as Sano and be Utsunomiya vassal)
    Unsure about adding Oda as two Oda factions may confuse some players (most likely people will think it's a typo and keep pointing this out).
    (Edo clan fought with Satake as well; just thinking to add some fun to Hitachi) (What do you propose for Oda, Tokugawa and Imagawa areas? there's a lot of space but all the hot generals that people want are not yet born? I did a little crudamentary map for a lot of areas hard to explain- hopefully clearing that up)

My thoughts on Ouchi is that they're powerful in vassals, also taking Buzen and giving to Sugi gives more time for Ouchi to gather strength and challenging for Otomo as player with all the additions. I'm doing Kii, Totomi and Owari areas-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HIDA-EMA.png   KAMACHI-AKIZUKI.png   SAIONJI.png   TSUCHIMOCHI-KIMOTSUGI.png   YOSHIMI-KIKKAWA.png  

Here's what the map currently looks like (some new roads and trade routes haven't been added). I changed some of the borders because the more roads a border goes through the more new roads I have to make.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Iyo-Utsunomiya's province is currently located in Uwa, rather than Iyo. Will this be a problem?

The attached rar contains a larger version of this map. On it the orange squares are towns and the green squares are ports. As each region can only have 1 town and 1 port are there any towns or ports you think I should add? Below is a list of the various types of towns and what they do:

SHO_region_specialty_artisans [make bows or paper]
    SHO_region_specialty_gold_mining [increased region wealth]
    SHO_region_specialty_holy_site [better monks]
    SHO_region_specialty_horses [resource improved horses]
    SHO_region_specialty_iron_mining [resource iron]
    SHO_region_specialty_naval_tradition [better ships]
    SHO_region_specialty_ninja [better ninjas]
    SHO_region_specialty_philosophical_tradition [better Metsuke]
    SHO_region_specialty_prime_forest [resource timber]
    SHO_region_specialty_smithing [better armour or weapons]
    SHO_region_specialty_stone [resource stone]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails provinces half.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ima go bbq and look at the regions... promise Ill get back tonight...before rome 2 takes us away lol- I have Kii and Totomi regions split up as well.....cant believe the work you've put in... many thanks and keep it up man--

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

The amount of cities clustered north of Takeda is crazy I was shocked when I first saw it. Needless to say, AI Takeda steamrolled that area with ease.

Is it possible to turn some of those little islands into playable land with the same method you've been doing? Or will you need to edit the supertexture and some other tricky files?

AND IS THAT A CHINA I SEE?!?!
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; September 02, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MIKAWA-TOTOMI.png   HORIUCHI-KII.png  

First- the map looks absolutely great, id really have to start reading about the actual region in particular out of all that you've added to see if any specialties etc. About Kiso, I was thinking to give the bottom province to SUWA YORISHIGE, who succeeded his father in 1539 to the clan headship. He has a brother YORITAKA. Seiwa-Genji who fought the Takeda on numerous occasions. In Kii I was thinking to add three clans. 1. SAIKA SHIGEOKI (MAGOICHI) b. 1511 his son SHIGEHIDE b. 1546. Joined the Hoganji and Hatakeyama Sadamasa against Oda Nobunaga. Led powerful arquebusiers out of Saika-jo Saika, Kii. 2. TAMAKI NAOKAZU; Tedori-jo, Hidaka, Kii. 3. HORIUCHI UJITORA, UJIYOSHI b. 1549 Family from Kii with obscure origins connecting them to Minamoto no Tameyoshi. In Sengoku period due to the decline of the Hatakeyama, they expanded their territory and in the process absorbed the local Arima family. Ujiyoshi later served Toyotomi Hideyoshi.