Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Japan (97 new regions, 101 new factions)

Default Re: Expanded Japan mod (39 new regions, 31 new factions)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    Imjin mod? Do you have a link handy? I don't follow Shogun 2 mods very closely
    Here's a link, however this mod is in the alpha stages as there's no new units and much of Korea is underwater.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...orea-campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Stincky View Post
    -Uanime if you'd like I can research the relationships with your created clans with their surrounding territories.. or if you have some clan specific ones let me know who you'd like researched and I will do that straight away-
    That would be helpful. The relationships the playable clans had with neighbouring clans would also be helpful.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

kepper's Avatar Artifex

I just install your mod some reson every time start a battle the game start loading the battle them i get CTD.

Stincky according to your spreadsheet you want 5 provinces added to Miyagi (Kurokawam Kami and Kurihara; Iwai, Kesen and Oshika; Hei; Iwate; and Waga). Are they all meant to be between Data and Sendai? If so then I won't be able to add so many to this small an area.

When you refer to Mogami are you referring to the Uzen region?

You've stated that Usuki is the northern most Ito province but this district seems to be in Bungo. Is this correct?

Is Aso Koretoyo meant to control a province between north and south Higo?

I can't add more regions to Southern Chikuzen and Chikugo, should I make both of these regions Ouchi vassals?

Due to the mountains, town, and port it's difficult to split Hizen into 4 regions. If I split into two regions should Matsura or Omura have the new region (the south is all mountains so it's more difficult to add Arima)?

Quote Originally Posted by kepper View Post
    I just install your mod some reson every time start a battle the game start loading the battle them i get CTD.
    It's possible that this mod is conflicting with another mod. Try playing this mod without other mods.

I just installed this mod today and I have to say it's pretty neat, even if when I did Takeda those cities are all REALLY close to one another. It also seems to play havoc with pathfinding sometimes.

I also notice that somehow, it feels like you gain Fame a lot quicker in this mod. I was already at Acclaimed fame when I only held 8 provinces out of 40... I know the kind of victories you get matters, but this still felt oddly quick. In a normal Tokugawa game, I didn't hit Legendary fame even when I had around 20 provinces (though I tripped RD via Kyoto at that point). Am I just imagining this, or does capturing provinces give you a ton more Fame or something? It seems like you'd trigger RD before you even got half your provinces.

[QUOTE=uanime5;13161071]Stincky according to your spreadsheet you want 5 provinces added to Miyagi (Kurokawam Kami and Kurihara; Iwai, Kesen and Oshika; Hei; Iwate; and Waga). Are they all meant to be between Data and Sendai? If so then I won't be able to add so many to this small an area. My bad I misspelled Kurokawa- Where Hatakeyama is, is way too big. That should be Osaki on the left and then Kasai on the coast and then over the top of Osaki. Miyagi on the coast should be Asonuma, to the halfway point of Miyagi then comes back to middle part of province...to the left of him is Shiba, under is Hienuki. rest of province is Nanbu.

When you refer to Mogami are you referring to the Uzen region? If you can..Uzen where Mogami is presently, if that can be turned into 3 provinces then you could do this: Carve 1 out of bottom Uzen where it looks like a natural buffer- give that to Date (Okitama?) then split what remains in half with Mogami on right and Daihoji on left.

You've stated that Usuki is the northern most Ito province but this district seems to be in Bungo. Is this correct? Southern tip of Bungo is fine.

Is Aso Koretoyo meant to control a province between north and south Higo? North and Bungo that circular part that goes in Bungo Province then mirrored and flipped
    I can't add more regions to Southern Chikuzen and Chikugo, should I make both of these regions Ouchi vassals? Something that makes Shoni not as powerful; Kamachi and Akizuki weren't quite that big but sure lets try it-

Due to the mountains, town, and port it's difficult to split Hizen into 4 regions. If I split into two regions should Matsura or Omura have the new region (the south is all mountains so it's more difficult to add Arima)? Okay I did some research and ill give you both-- Omura Sumitada is the son of Arima Haruzumi who was the first to convert to Christianity or Matsura Takanobu first Daimyo to allow trading with the Portuguese---

--- one of the Uesugi provinces could be given to Nagao as a vassal
    --- Date province currently; given to Nihonmatsu...Date will still have 2

Kamachi is Shugo for Otomo; Akizuki is vassal of Ouchi

Problem fixed, I was wondering, does this work for Sekhigahara?

Stincky according to your spreadsheet you want 5 provinces added to Miyagi (Kurokawam Kami and Kurihara; Iwai, Kesen and Oshika; Hei; Iwate; and Waga). Are they all meant to be between Data and Sendai? If so then I won't be able to add so many to this small an area. My bad I misspelled Kurokawa- Where Hatakeyama is, is way too big. That should be Osaki on the left and then Kasai on the coast and then over the top of Osaki. Miyagi on the coast should be Asonuma, to the halfway point of Miyagi then comes back to middle part of province...to the left of him is Shiba, under is Hienuki. rest of province is Nanbu.
    I was initially confused regarding where these factions were meant to be because you referred to Iwate as Mutsu (Mutsu was split into several provinces in the vanilla TWS2). As the eastern coast of Iwate and north Miyagi is composed of mountains there's nowhere I can add Kasai or Asonuma. Though I can add Osaki and Hienuki. I can also add Shiba though most of their region will be located in the mountains.

You've said that Shiba is in the Iwate district, is this correct? As this priovince is currently called Iwate I'll either need to rename this province or give Shiba's province a different name.

--- one of the Uesugi provinces could be given to Nagao as a vassal
    I can give them West Echigo, which has Kasugayama Castle.

--- Date province currently; given to Nihonmatsu...Date will still have 2
    I can rename the current Date province and give it to Nihonmatsu. Though Date will only have 1 province (Okitama).

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoken View Post
    Problem fixed, I was wondering, does this work for Sekhigahara?
    This mod isn't compatible with any mod that has a new startpos.
    Last edited by uanime5; August 24, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

[QUOTE=uanime5;13164197]I was initially confused regarding where these factions were meant to be because you referred to Iwate as Mutsu (Mutsu was split into several provinces in the vanilla TWS2). As the eastern coast of Iwate and north Miyagi is composed of mountains there's nowhere I can add Kasai or Asonuma. Though I can add Osaki and Hienuki. I can also add Shiba though most of their region will be located in the mountains.

You've said that Shiba is in the Iwate district, is this correct? As this priovince is currently called Iwate I'll either need to rename this province or give Shiba's province a different name.

What about Kosuiji? after the castle?
    I can give them West Echigo, which has Kasugayama Castle.

This is really who Nagao (Uesugi Kenchin) Kagetora comes from. I don't know if it'd be too much work, but ill research who's officially running that over there for Nagao of its just Kenshin-

I can rename the current Date province and give it to Nihonmatsu. Though Date will only have 1 province (Okitama).

I really think that'd be okay? I mean Date was kinda like just one of the many little states up there and they just started whopping their neighbours. I've been playing as them and one can advance rather quickly in that area, its lovely chaos-

If you have any other places that your wanting to split, lemme know.

Ikko-Ikki could be shore a province or two? the one down in Ise could be given to Kanbe, but then you'd have to split Ise again for Seki (same size as Kanbe) and I don't know how feasible that is. Hojo is big but that's pretty much good....Top Satomi province could be given to Chiba Chikatane (new clan).

1.)Noto-- If that could be split in half with top part going to Cho Tsugutsura and a vassal of the Noto-Hatakeyama, ruling from Fukeshi district. 2.) Hida-- a 1/3 of it going to a new clan who will fight the Anegakoji, Ema Tokimori, ruling from Araki. 3.) Mino--Where Mino, Owari and Mikawa all come closest to boredering each other, make an oval shape within those 3 parts that border closest and jut out; call it Kano and give to Akechi Mitsuhide, vassal of Saito. 4.) Nagato-- split in half with right side going to an Ouchi vassal Yoshimi Masayori called Abu. 5.) Aki--if you could split this one again..where the islands off the coast appear and the peninsula juts out all the way up...give that to Kikkawa and call it Yamagata (if name taken ill come up with another). 6.) Tango-- top half split and given to Isshiki Yoshiyuki and called either Kumano or Kasa. 7.) Bitchu--where Mimasaka boundary cuts across to Bitchu extend that across Bingo as well adding 2 new provinces....Bingo top one called Mikami and given to Yamauchi Takamichi (vassal to Amago) and bottom given to Wachi Masaharu out of Jinseki. Bitchu top province is now either Aga or Tetta and given to Amago.

As the eastern coast of Iwate and north Miyagi is composed of mountains there's nowhere I can add Kasai or Asonuma. Though I can add Osaki and Hienuki. I can also add Shiba though most of their region will be located in the mountains. ------ The province I was talking to sub-divide more is the one that Nanbu is in....if that one could be cut in half with top half staying with Nanbu. Subdivide what is left to make 3 provinces: Asonuma is on right, under Nanbu...the last part that is left subdivided with Shiba on top and Hienuki under--

1.)Noto-- If that could be split in half with top part going to Cho Tsugutsura and a vassal of the Noto-Hatakeyama, ruling from Fukeshi district. 2.) Hida-- a 1/3 of it going to a new clan who will fight the Anegakoji, Ema Tokimori, ruling from Araki. 3.) Mino--Where Mino, Owari and Mikawa all come closest to boredering each other, make an oval shape within those 3 parts that border closest and jut out; call it Kano and give to Akechi Mitsuhide, vassal of Saito. 4.) Nagato-- split in half with right side going to an Ouchi vassal Yoshimi Masayori called Abu. 5.) Aki--if you could split this one again..where the islands off the coast appear and the peninsula juts out all the way up...give that to Kikkawa and call it Yamagata (if name taken ill come up with another). 6.) Tango-- top half split and given to Isshiki Yoshiyuki and called either Kumano or Kasa. 7.) Bitchu--where Mimasaka boundary cuts across to Bitchu extend that across Bingo as well adding 2 new provinces....Bingo top one called Mikami and given to Yamauchi Takamichi (vassal to Amago) and bottom given to Wachi Masaharu out of Jinseki. Bitchu top province is now either Aga or Tetta and given to Amago.
    1) Due to the north of Noto most being mountains I can't add this region.

2) As you can see from the attached map Hida is almost entirely mountains. Unless Araki is the other side of the river I won't be able to add it.

3) I've already made this area into Iwamura, which is owned by Toyama. Should I change this clan to the Akechi clan or add Akechi Mitsuhide elsewhere?

4) As Hagi will be given to the Yoshimi clan where will Ouchi be based?

5) Most of the area next to Numata is mountains so I can't add a region here.

6) I should be able to split Tango. What castle/town will be the capital of this region?

7) This area is in the mountains.

Since may of your regions weren't possible to add because of the mountains I've attached an image of this mod in 3D Max to this post. The regions are all different colours, the black areas are mountains, the names are the names of the vanilla regions, the red lines are boundaries, the beige lines are land trade routes, and the large red squares are a settlement.

It would also be helpful it you could give me the age of these daimyo and their heir in 1545 (as their date of birth often isn't recorded an approximation is fine). Their mons would also be also helpful as I need them to make new banners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails japan.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    1) Due to the north of Noto most being mountains I can't add this region.

2) As you can see from the attached map Hida is almost entirely mountains. Unless Araki is the other side of the river I won't be able to add it. It actually is on the upper right hand side of the province-

3) I've already made this area into Iwamura, which is owned by Toyama. Should I change this clan to the Akechi clan or add Akechi Mitsuhide elsewhere? is there room on the right of Toyama? if not keep Toyama I really haven't seen them, its a good little change

4) As Hagi will be given to the Yoshimi clan where will Ouchi be based? Ouchi could have Yamaguchi as their base?

5) Most of the area next to Numata is mountains so I can't add a region here. No problem-

6) I should be able to split Tango. What castle/town will be the capital of this region? Kumano or Kasa and they have Yoshiwara-jo or Takebeyama-jo as a castle. Isshiki Yoshiyuki

7) This area is in the mountains. No problem-

Since may of your regions weren't possible to add because of the mountains I've attached an image of this mod in 3D Max to this post. The regions are all different colours, the black areas are mountains, the names are the names of the vanilla regions, the red lines are boundaries, the beige lines are land trade routes, and the large red squares are a settlement.

It would also be helpful it you could give me the age of these daimyo and their heir in 1545 (as their date of birth often isn't recorded an approximation is fine). Their mons would also be also helpful as I need them to make new banners.

The banners of most sengoku daimyo can be found here:

http://www.harimaya.com/o_kamon1/buke_keizu/buke.html

Araki -- Ema Tokimori Suwa castle 1509-1573, his son Terumori b. 1533. As far as Mino the arm on the right is that large enough for one? if so lets put Toyama there and put Akechi Mitsukuni of Akechi castle there with his son Mitsuhide (1528-1582). Yoshimi Masayori d. 1579 and son Hiroyori. Isshiki Yoshiyuki b. 1509 and son Yoshimochi b. 1533.

Also let me know which ones you'll need info on in the spread sheet? I went through them with the jpg u provided and i thought only Namioka and Hizen-Arima and Omura (because Matsura is on top of Hizen) but rest looked okay?

I need the ages of the leader and sons, and mons of all the factions except Namioka, Hizen-Arima, Omura, Kasai, Asonuma. I've uploaded a picture of Iwate and Miyagi so if you feel that the 5 proposed regions can be added to this regions can you please draw the new boundaries and settlements so I can see how they're all meant to be arranged. The locations just need to be a rough estimate, so you can use Paint to draw them.

Hirado castle wasn't built until 1599 and is located in the mountains. Is there somewhere else I can put the Matsura clan, such as Matsuura?

I could use more information regarding where TSUCHIMOCHI Chikashige is located as the castles and districts seem to be located throughout Kyushu.

I'm unsure about KANBE Tomomori as Nagashima was an important area for the Ikki Ikko and somewhere Oda destroyed after attacking it several times. What about if I have Nagashima between Kuwana and Asake, and Suzuka and Mie?

You've given 40% of western Settsu to the Matsunaga clan and chosen their home castle as Shigisan castle. However Shigisan castle is in Kawachi on mount Shigi, not Settsu. I should be able to divide Kawachi into 3 parts for the Matsunaga, Yusa, and Hatakeyama clans but I'd need to know which castles/cities they were based in and a new name for each new region.

I'm planning to split Hatakeyama into 3 faction Hatakeyama (Oshu), Kingo (Kii-Kawachi), and Shosaku (Noto); so information about the leaders of all 3 factions would be useful. The vanilla version only covers Yoshikuni Hatakeyama, his wife, and daughter in Kawachi.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletFrog View Post
    The banners of most sengoku daimyo can be found here:

http://www.harimaya.com/o_kamon1/buke_keizu/buke.html
    In the past I've had trouble with this site as I couldn't get the text to display correctly. Though viewing it through the Google translator seems to fix this problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iwate.jpg  
    Last edited by uanime5; August 27, 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I'm planning to split Hatakeyama into 3 faction Hatakeyama (Oshu), Kingo (Kii-Kawachi), and Shosaku (Noto); so information about the leaders of all 3 factions would be useful. The vanilla version only covers Yoshikuni Hatakeyama, his wife, and daughter in Kawachi.
    I think Nihonmatsu as clan name would be more accurate for the Oshu Hatakeyama clan because its clan leaders usually used Nihonmatsu as their family name. Its clan leader was Nihonmatsu Yoshikuni, and he had no son until 1552. He had a brother, Araki Naotsugu (Yoshikuni was born in Araki clan and adopted by Nihonmatsu so his brother used Araki family name).

Kii-Kawachi Hatakeyama clan actually had another division after Onin-no-ran, and divided into Soshu Hatakeyama and Bishu Hatakeyama (these are the most appropriate clan names as long as you can fit them into the UI...)

Bishu Hatakeyama clan held Kii and the lower half of Kawachi, its clan leader in 1545 was Hatakeyama Masakuni and his sons were Hatakeyama Takamasa (born in 1527), Masanao (born in 1533) and Akitaka (born in 1534), these three sons would become the next three clan leaders in the same order.

Soshu Hatakeyama clan held upper half of Kawachi, clan leader was Hatakeyama Ariuji, his son was Naomasa (born in 1531). This clan declined by the late Sengoku period. If Kawachi is too small to divide, then it's probably okay to make this clan a rebel force.

Noto Hatakeyama (again Shosaku was not a clan name because it was not a place but a court position)'s clan leader was Yoshitsugu, his son was Yoshitsuna. No information on when they were born.

I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but I've noticed that on the minimap east harima and west harima are reversed. I'll try to get a screenshot of it my next playthrough tomorrow (I already captured them both today with shimazu).

[QUOTE=uanime5;13173068]I need the ages of the leader and sons, and mons of all the factions except Namioka, Hizen-Arima, Omura, Kasai, Asonuma. I've uploaded a picture of Iwate and Miyagi so if you feel that the 5 proposed regions can be added to this regions can you please draw the new boundaries and settlements so I can see how they're all meant to be arranged. The locations just need to be a rough estimate, so you can use Paint to draw them.

Hirado castle wasn't built until 1599 and is located in the mountains. Is there somewhere else I can put the Matsura clan, such as Matsuura? Sure its np I just wanted to make sure that if you chose where what clans would be best in that area-- Matsuura Takanobu it is; When I was looking at an article it seems they burned down one of their own but it was also built after the time frame...one thing they did seem to have is like a fortified jin-ya so maybe we could call it Matsuura-jo idk?

I could use more information regarding where TSUCHIMOCHI Chikashige is located as the castles and districts seem to be located throughout Kyushu. The top Ito province? just take that one from them and give it to Shige-

I'm unsure about KANBE Tomomori as Nagashima was an important area for the Ikki Ikko and somewhere Oda destroyed after attacking it several times. What about if I have Nagashima between Kuwana and Asake, and Suzuka and Mie? Totally fine, I was just trying to get rid of a province or two from the Ikko-ikki

You've given 40% of western Settsu to the Matsunaga clan and chosen their home castle as Shigisan castle. However Shigisan castle is in Kawachi on mount Shigi, not Settsu. I should be able to divide Kawachi into 3 parts for the Matsunaga, Yusa, and Hatakeyama clans but I'd need to know which castles/cities they were based in and a new name for each new region. Yusa Naganori top province? (I have almost nothing except that he was a real power in Kawachi who was assassinated..shugodai of the Kawachi-Hata's). Hisahide b.1510 has the bottom region? and Takamasa b.1527 resides in Takaya castle.

below is right about this...so Noto Hata's, Kawachi Hata's and Nihonmatsu