Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Japan (97 new regions, 101 new factions)

Default Re: Expanded Japan mod (39 new regions, 31 new factions)

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I've tried to make the regions and factions as accurate as possible however for some of the smaller clans it's difficult to find out where exactly they ruled (there's a bunch of clans in Omi but little information about where exactly they all were in 1545). I'm mainly relying on information about the campaigns of various warlords for the locations of the smaller clans (some famous battle on Wikipedia contain the coordinates of castles, though most region boundaries are a guess). The Japanese Wikipedia is also useful but it doesn't have the location of all the minor factions.

I have tried to make diplomacy more accurate though this mainly applied to the new factions rather than the existing one.
    Thanks for the timely reply and chance you'll be improving on the diplomatic relations between the existing factions too?
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    Thanks for the timely reply and chance you'll be improving on the diplomatic relations between the existing factions too?
    Only if I get some information on how these factions felt about other factions. While I know how major factions, such as Mori, felt about their neighbours it's more difficult to research how smaller factions, such as Bessho, felt about other clans.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3b560b0d.jpg

First of all ive had a devil of a time trying to post this... if you paste the url I have about 30 more clans and descriptions. thought it might help- I found a lot cross referencing with Weblio and going through Sengoku game map- I personally think you've done an outstanding job and wanted to thank you for doing any of this---

Thanks for the information. I can try to split some of the larger province but it's difficult to further split some of the smaller ones. Though adding new factions to existing regions is easy.

Can you turn your spreadsheet into a zip or rar file, then attach it to your post as this will make it easier to search for information about these regions and factions. You can attach files by clicking the "Go Advanced" button, then clicking the "Manage Attachments" button.
    Last edited by uanime5; August 21, 2013 at 08:22 AM.

Though adding new factions to existing regions is easier.
    I'm all for this Some factions are definitely OP, like the purple guys next to Satsuma (forget the name Omi?), Uesugi, the guys with the clan emblem that has 3 green rings on a white background (starts with H, but why do they have lands SO spread out?), Hojo.

Other factions like Oda are too under powered, they start off with too many enemies (why are they at war with Tokugawa? Is that even accurate?) and also a rebel army to deal with. And I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Imgawa should have Tokugawa as a vassal either.

Just throwing ideas around

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u r not tanaka.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	291451new japanese provinces.rar

So here goes... hope this works and thanks for the hard work and if I can help in any way with names or anything let me know, ill do the research-

I'm all for this Some factions are definitely OP, like the purple guys next to Satsuma (forget the name Omi?), Uesugi, the guys with the clan emblem that has 3 green rings on a white background (starts with H, but why do they have lands SO spread out?), Hojo.

Other factions like Oda are too under powered, they start off with too many enemies (why are they at war with Tokugawa? Is that even accurate?) and also a rebel army to deal with. And I'm not 100% on this, but I don't think Imgawa should have Tokugawa as a vassal either.

Just throwing ideas around
    The purple guys are the Ito, the green one is Hatakeyama (I have never liked them, I would love to see them reduced to just kawachi and/or Kii).
    And the Tokugawa were the vassals of the Imagawa in the time period that the game starts.

As for the war between Tokugawa and Oda, I'm not entirely sure on this.

I have to agree, some of the clans are just a little too powerful, though I have no idea what to else to add.

I must say that I love the Takeda and Sanada though.

Ito have 3 provinces so that Shimazu can conquer them in stages.

Uesugi was a powerful clan in 1545, so they have several regions. Also Ōgigayatsu and Yamanouchi are branches of the Uesugi clan which is why I made them vassals of the main Uesugi clan.

As far as I'm aware Hatakeyama did control all these regions. If these regions were ruled by another clan on their behalf I don't know what it was called.

Hojo is powerful because they'd spent between 1520 and 1545 conquering Uesugi and Satomi controlled provinces. I was also planning to give Hojo the Shimosa Province but this caused TWS2 to crash for an unknown reason.

In 1545 the Tokugawa (Matsudaira) clan was the vassal of Imagawa and both clans were hostile to the Oda clan. It wasn't until 1560 that Tokugawa allied with Oda.

Basically some clans are strong because they were strong when this campaign starts, while others are weak for the same reason. In 1545 Oda was a weak clan, surrounded by enemies and they only survived because of careful diplomacy and sneak attacks.

Thanks for the info I am forever enlightened

But I'm still curious as to how Hatakeyama managed to keep all that land so far apart

Hatakeyamas had a succession dispute that I believe was a pretext to the Onin no Ran because Katsumoto and Sozen also chose different sides--- Noto-Hatakeyama, mainstream Kawachi Hatakeyama and Nihonmatsu up north- Uesugi could all be at war with each other? Ogigayatsu and Yamanouchi were the only ones left. Right bout the Matsudaira under Imagawa (I mean they are an Ashikaga branch actually should be head family by bloodline..different story haha), and Oda could actually fight against their kin to even take Owari with Shiba as the real Shugo there but no power. Hojo is spot on--- just be glad Hojo Soun isn't the leader....or else theyd take the whole kanto quite quickly

Thanks for the info I am forever enlightened

But I'm still curious as to how Hatakeyama managed to keep all that land so far apart
    They were ruled by three separate Hatakeyama branches, and the separation happened one after another prior to the 14th century.

The nominal head clan was the Oshu Hatakeyama clan which was based in Oshu as the name suggests, from the Nihonmatsu castle. Since they based their power at Nihonmatsu, they were usually called Nihonmatsu clan from the 1400s. After numerous wars with the Date clan eventually it conquered by Date Masamune in 1585.

The Kii-Kawachi Hatakeyama clan (sometimes called Kingo family because this clan often assumed a positon called Kingo in the court, though it was not used as a clan name like Nihonmatsu). This branch started in early 14th century. This clan was quite powerful until it was suppressed by the Miyoshi clan. The clan was almost gone in 1575 after the death of Hatakeyama Takamasa but his nephew Sadamasa rebuilt it in Kii. However it picked the wrong side and got exiled by Toyotomi Hideyoshi for allying with Tokugawa Ieyasu after Oda Nobunaga's death. In Edo period the clan became a Koke (old prestigious clans that were assigned with ceremonial posts) in the Tokugawa Shogunate.

The Noto Hatakeyama clan (sometimes called Shosaku family because of its court title) was created in 1408 as a branch of the Kawachi Hatakeyama clan. Hatakeyama Mitsuie who controlled much of the central Japan at his time gave Noto to his brother as a gratitude for his help. This clan was destroyed by Uesugi Kenshin in 1577 and it was absorbed into the Uesugi clan, some members were given Uesugi name and took high ranks in the Uesugi clan and the Tokugawa Shogunate.

Iqwerty- would Nihonmatsu have been the descendants of Kuniuji then when he was Oshu Tandai? Also would then Namioka be the actual head clan of Kitabatake? since they were descendants of Akiie the eldest son?

Quote Originally Posted by Stincky View Post
    Iqwerty- would Nihonmatsu have been the descendants of Kuniuji then when he was Oshu Tandai? Also would then Namioka be the actual head clan of Kitabatake? since they were descendants of Akiie the eldest son?
    Yes - Kuniuji himself was a member of the Oshu Hatakeyama clan.

The head clan was the clan that every clan leader has been appointed as the successor of the previous one up to the point when the clan was first recognised. Before Edo period, the clan leader appointed the most appropriate son as his successor regardless of whether he was the eldest or not. This led to much power struggle within just about every clan and there were lots of mini-civil wars. Eldest son did not have a priority until Edo period when the shogunate finally thought it is better to use a strict primogeniture system so the sons would not fight for succession. So in the case of Kitabatake, Akiie was never the clan leader despite being the eldest son, and hence Namioka was not the head clan either.

This is fantastic! I'm going right back into Shogun 2.
    Can you do this for Fall of the Samurai too? That would be awesome.

Edit: I'm having some trouble getting your mod to work. I thought that maybe if I removed all modded files except for Expanded.pack I could get it working and then reapply darthmod, but when I have Expanded pack alone, it crashes after I select a clan and load a campaign. Do you know of any work around?
    Last edited by Kadoken; August 22, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

I think fall of the Samurai sucks.

You can't zoom far enough out on the map to actually get a decent tactical view of what's happening, that's what I hate about the bigger map. I know this can be modded though, to allow the camera to zoom out further.

Modding FOTS in a similar way would be great! The vanilla setting is as historically accurate as the Illiad. Though 200-ish domains would be a massive project even if you ignore some small ones. Nevertheless it would be great to include the Tokugawa shogunate itself. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got FOTS and saw the 4 million koku shogunate clan entirely missing and the measly 10,000 koku Jozai is somehow playable. But apparently uanime5 is going to do the Imjin mod next which will be much more awesome.

Imjin mod? Do you have a link handy? I don't follow Shogun 2 mods very closely

Quote Originally Posted by iqwerty View Post
    Yes - Kuniuji himself was a member of the Oshu Hatakeyama clan.

The head clan was the clan that every clan leader has been appointed as the successor of the previous one up to the point when the clan was first recognised. Before Edo period, the clan leader appointed the most appropriate son as his successor regardless of whether he was the eldest or not. This led to much power struggle within just about every clan and there were lots of mini-civil wars. Eldest son did not have a priority until Edo period when the shogunate finally thought it is better to use a strict primogeniture system so the sons would not fight for succession. So in the case of Kitabatake, Akiie was never the clan leader despite being the eldest son, and hence Namioka was not the head clan either.
    -Thank you for the quick reply, that explains a lot; I came up with a lot of clans doing that same thing i.e. Rokkaku and Kyogoku sending heirs back n forth in the nanboku cho.

-Uanime if you'd like I can research the relationships with your created clans with their surrounding territories.. or if you have some clan specific ones let me know who you'd like researched and I will do that straight away-