Thread: Questions about Shogun: Total War Gameplay

Laetus

Icon5 Questions about Shogun: Total War Gameplay

1. Is it possible to re-assign an heir from the unit he is assigned to? (IE-The unit of Yari Ashigaru is completed right as your son comes of age, and that is NOT the unit type you want him assigned to.)

2. Does building a Buddhist Temple change future construction options in a province? I built one in a fortress and
    then no longer had the option to construct things like the palace and swordsmith..etc. In provinces where I had not
    constructed a temple, I still had those options. I can't find anything in the documentation about this though.

3. If you start in 1530, does the Mori clan come onto the stage at 1550?

Thanks! I had played all the Total War games after Shogun, and always regretted bypassing it in the store and not
    playing the original..so now I am fixing that.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Questions about Shogun: Total War Gameplay

1. Not possible.
    However, you can have these additional info in order to have the manage the unit your heir gets assigned to :
    heirs are assigned once they become 16 years old AND there is an unit that has finished training. he will be assigned to the FIRST such unit.
    the orders for provinces are completed in a list, starting from Nagasaki and going up to Dewa. once the game finds a "free" unit and you have an heir, that heir will be assigned to that unit.
    there are tricks with this :
    I don't know the exact list of precedence for provinces, all I know is that they start from Nagasaki or around and end in Dewa or around. feel free to experiment with this
    second, but this only applies if you're playing with 2-turns recruitment sizes (100 or 120). the heir will not take leardership of an unit already in training. let's say it's Summer 1544 and you gave orders to train Yari Samurai. Your heir will become of age on Autumn 1544. This means that this unit of Yari Samurai will not be eligible for your heir to take leadership of, even when the training is completed.

my advice? if it's your only heir or a very important one, once that turns 15, be careful to only recruit units that you would like him to be a part of.

2. Building Buddhist Temples has nothing to do with other constructions. Not sure what you're experiencing there, maybe post a screenshot of the actual building options?

3. Not as far as I know or can remember.

On a personal level, I don't recommend 1530, as all the provinces are backward. I suggest 1550, with Mori or Takeda. Mori at this time wins with Warrior Monks and Ports and Takeda wins with Naginata Cav and taking Hojo lands. Or, begin at 1580, with any clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Default Re: Questions about Shogun: Total War Gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by DaimyoJPG View Post
    2. Does building a Buddhist Temple change future construction options in a province? I built one in a fortress and
    then no longer had the option to construct things like the palace and swordsmith..etc. In provinces where I had not
    constructed a temple, I still had those options. I can't find anything in the documentation about this though.
    You've probably hit the building quota. If the review panel is full, then the province cannot support any more buildings, so you will see only upgrades - no new structures.