Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Default Re: Amazon: Total War 8.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by bibi g View Post
    Once again, Wheelie made a difference. Er is looking into #4 right now.
    Also Cel is making the Amazon Community change for resources.

Good to have you back!
    Missing texts reported by Wheelie Paul has been located at the ELR fixes are now on test server.

Welcome back! Lizzie

I fixed the Armenian Horse archer problem reported by Bibi.

Here are the issues reported by Bibi I am still not sure what to do.

1. Is Armenia supposed to have a horse herdng resource ? It is a one region faction.
    2. Armenia only has horde wagon when they go into horde mode. Are we adding the horde unit to the recruiting units?
    if this is what Armenia is supposed to have, how about the other wagon units besides the towers?
    Proud Mod Team Member of Amazon Total War

Tester sever is going through maintenance, so I am posting this before I lose the data.

1. Armenian Horse Archer should be recruited from horseherding resource, not horse breeding.
    2. Armenia has no horse breeding resources.
    3. Armenia has no wagon capability other than mobile towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial shuttle buddy View Post
    Welcome back! Lizzie

I fixed the Armenian Horse archer problem reported by Bibi.

Here are the issues reported by Bibi I am still not sure what to do.

1. Is Armenia supposed to have a horse herdng resource ? It is a one region faction.
    2. Armenia only has horde wagon when they go into horde mode. Are we adding the horde unit to the recruiting units?
    if this is what Armenia is supposed to have, how about the other wagon units besides the towers?
    Thank you for looking into the problem, Cel.

1.I reported the other two problems because during the campaign, Armenia has no way to recruit any horse archer units.
    The faction is supposed to have strong cavalry but none can be replenished or added until the 50th turn.

2. I notice that the faction can get wagons from the neighbors, but there is no facility to re-train them.
    Test Coordinator, Amazons Total War

Thank you for looking into the problem, Cel.

1.I reported the other two problems because during the campaign, Armenia has no way to recruit any horse archer units.
    The faction is supposed to have strong cavalry but none can be replenished or added until the 50th turn.

2. I notice that the faction can get wagons from the neighbors, but there is no facility to re-train them.
    If you remember the position paper I wrote about the Armenic people, they started in the Armenic territory but only supposed to keep one region, the regions surrounding them have all the resources guarded by very strong renegade forces.
    So #1 is a great observation, but not an issue.

On #2, I think they should be allowed to recruit the horde wagon unit. I will make that change after consolidated and integrate all the files on the test server.

Thank You Both!
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliepaul View Post
    the libyan amazons and far east celts also becomes a health bonus with there academy's? The Geoth amazones becomes the companion horse archer with a Councilors' chambers while the other Amazon factions gets his unit after building a royal palace.
    The libyan amazons metal smith give them the amazon chariots and horde wagon but after the upgrade to armourer they can only build the horde wagon

All these factions don't have a description for the same buildings: Far Eastern Celts, Scythians, Iberia, Western Celts, Suebii, Arvernii
    Buildings are: siege engineer, spice road, silk road, curia and highways
    Liz and Paul,

Before integration of the files on the test server, I just want point out the solution for the following is not exactly what Paul stated.

From Paul's description:

"...The libyan amazons metal smith give them the amazon chariots and horde wagon but after the upgrade to armourer they can only build the horde wagon..."

What actually happened is that the chariots can still be recruited only in the regions where composite bows can be made with all three level of smith (love that name, don't you?).
    The real bug is the lower level smith did not have the resource check, but the higher level smith building did. And this has been corrected.
    So if Paul goes into the same region to check for the fix, the same region will no longer allow any recruitment of Amazon Longbow Chariots because there is no composite bow making in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by er_smith View Post
    Liz and Paul,

Before integration of the files on the test server, I just want point out the solution for the following is not exactly what Paul stated.

From Paul's description:

"...The libyan amazons metal smith give them the amazon chariots and horde wagon but after the upgrade to armourer they can only build the horde wagon..."

What actually happened is that the chariots can still be recruited only in the regions where composite bows can be made with all three level of smith (love that name, don't you?).
    The real bug is the lower level smith did not have the resource check, but the higher level smith building did. And this has been corrected.
    So if Paul goes into the same region to check for the fix, the same region will no longer allow any recruitment of Amazon Longbow Chariots because there is no composite bow making in the region.
    Thanks Erika!

We are waiting for upload site approval, so I have not started the integration yet.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

wheeliepaul's Avatar Foederatus

Don't think Avernii has battling tower, yet.
    Oh ooooo, made a mistake by mention them, Wheelie Po is sorry for this

New Amazons Total War 8.0 has been uploaded to the ModDB, still waiting for authorization on the project.

OP has the temp download link

Know bugs

1. mode programming for destructive Quest or non-destructive Quest do not work yet.
    2. Load screen says Amazons Total War - Recalesced, instead of Refulgent. This is partially because the mode programming was supposed to change the load screen depending on the mode but it is not yet working.

Corrections:

A wad of corrections went into to the mod, thanks mostly to Wheelie (Po??) and Bibi
    - missing texts for the buildings and infrastructure on Siege Engineer, Trade Routes, Curia, Highway, etc.
    - Armenian Horse Archer can now be recruited in the correct regions.
    - Armenian can now recruit Horde Wagon units
    - added skeleton for Sarmatian Lesser general to solve a crash reported by WP.
    - Corrected hidden resources inconsistency
    - Adjusted Tocharian script to keep AI's Far East Celt under control.
    - Fixed undefined Thermodon Lanciarii texture error which can cause computer lock-up, thanks Po for sighting the initial problem.

New Features

- added Amazon Community as hidden resource to allow Amazons unit to recruit from Amazon community only, or settlement with certain religious inclination.
    - Re-programmed resources for Composite Bow and Horse Herding
    - New load screens
    - Allow other religion besides temple of forge to recruit units. So in effect temple of horse would be equivalent of a resource with horse herding and horse breeding.
    - re-adjust temple value to have similar effect across the board, except the Geothe Amazon.
    - new battling tower animations
    - while the mode programming is not working yet, infrastructure has been added to accommodate the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    New Amazons Total War 8.0 has been uploaded to the ModDB, still waiting for authorization on the project.

OP has the temp download link

Know bugs

1. mode programming for destructive Quest or non-destructive Quest do not work yet.
    2. Load screen says Amazons Total War - Recalesced, instead of Refulgent. This is partially because the mode programming was supposed to change the load screen depending on the mode but it is not yet working.

Corrections:

A wad of corrections went into to the mod, thanks mostly to Wheelie (Po??) and Bibi
    - missing texts for the buildings and infrastructure on Siege Engineer, Trade Routes, Curia, Highway, etc.
    - Armenian Horse Archer can now be recruited in the correct regions.
    - Armenian can now recruit Horde Wagon units
    - added skeleton for Sarmatian Lesser general to solve a crash reported by WP.
    - Corrected hidden resources inconsistency
    - Adjusted Tocharian script to keep AI's Far East Celt under control.
    - Fixed undefined Thermodon Lanciarii texture error which can cause computer lock-up, thanks Po for sighting the initial problem.

New Features

- added Amazon Community as hidden resource to allow Amazons unit to recruit from Amazon community only, or settlement with certain religious inclination.
    - Re-programmed resources for Composite Bow and Horse Herding
    - New load screens
    - Allow other religion besides temple of forge to recruit units. So in effect temple of horse would be equivalent of a resource with horse herding and horse breeding.
    - re-adjust temple value to have similar effect across the board, except the Geothe Amazon.
    - new battling tower animations
    - while the mode programming is not working yet, infrastructure has been added to accommodate the feature.
    AmazonsTW-Refulgent_rev80A.1.7z if this is the latest version corrections don't work

AmazonsTW-Refulgent_rev80A.1.7z if this is the latest version corrections don't work
    Sorry, Wheelie, doesn't work, as in not installing, or the problem still not been fixed?

Because the resources have been changed, please remember to remove the rwm file, or rename the old folder to another name, then run the installation.

this version still has missing text for the buildings, the libyan metal smith still allows amazon chariots (Dimmidi), CTD with skeleton for Sarmatian Lesser general

Wheelie,

Knowing the accuracy of your report, three of us each check our own test and double-checked to make sure.

The mod is working on all of our computers, do you know you can not use the save files? You have to delete the file because the campaign store a great deal of set up info in the .sav file.
    Test Coordinator, Amazons Total War

this version still has missing text for the buildings, the libyan metal smith still allows amazon chariots (Dimmidi), CTD with skeleton for Sarmatian Lesser general

Sounds like it is a wrong revision.

found the problem, I installed the old version again instead of rev80A.1. Sorry girls. Metal smith and text is working fine now.

Cel got her fast link and downloaded from the ModDB Amazons TW 8.0A link.

With a fresh and clean install, she verified that the downloaded file works without the Sarmatian General CTD.

found the problem, I installed the old version again instead of rev80A.1. Sorry girls. Metal smith and text is working fine now.
    Great!

Ladies,

We still need to get the load screen and the mode activation to work.

I will get Pea to do the 3D fonts.
    Can Cel test the mode activation with a fake screen for now?

It already is a fake screen, that is how we ended up with Recalesced logo instead of the new one.
    Proud Mod Team Member of Amazon Total War

8.0A project webpage has finally got approval at the download site. The URL is at the OP.

Thank you for all your help and support!