Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow's TATW 3.2 Hotseat

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Default Arrow's TATW 3.2 Hotseat

Arrow's TATW 3.2 Hotseat

Hello everyone, though I am a noob, I would like to start a new hotseat. Since summer has started (for me) I have lots of time on my hands, so this is a product of my own boredome.

Leader: Arrow2daknee
    Admin: complete noob none

Factions;
    Gondor: Pandachef
    Rohan: Joerock22
    Dale: Patokay
    Dwarves: Knight of meh
    Silvan Elves: Knicolas2
    Mordor: The Black Wolf
    Isengard: Chieftan Khuzaymah

Harad: Arrow2daknee
    Rhun: JWANT

This Hotseat is open to everyone, Though you must be active.

Basic Rules:
    - You may reload your turn as much as you like.
    - 24 hours to play your turn, a 12 hour extension can be given upon request.
    - vm or pm next player.
    - If you miss 3 turns, you will be removed from this hotseat.
    - Post screenshots of battles, it is encouraged to black out your money and map. exception, the battle is one sided ie. 100v1000

Gameplay Rules
    - No Good vs. Evil campaign.
    - No Invasions until after turn 50.
    - No exterminating cities at all, you may sack or occupy.
    - No destroying buildings if a city is at risk of capture.
    - No assassins
    - You can't gift settlements to dying factions to only delay their death.
    - No mercenary ships at all.
    - No bribing
    - No bug exploiting, the admin will decide what is a bug and what isn't.
    - Spies are allowed to open gates if they have a chance of atleast 20%
    - No heroic victories
    - An army defeated by another player cannot move your turn.

All rules are subject of change.

Long Campaign-Manage All Settlements-Auto-Resolve-M/M-Password
    Last edited by Arrow2daknee; January 12, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Arrow's TATW 3.2 Hotseat

i would like to join it, but i have doubts about some rules:

- You may reload your time as much as you like.
    - No Invasions at all.
    - No exterminating cities at all, you may sack or occupy.
    - All player vs. player battles must be Auto Resolved, must upload pics to prove, you may fight battles against the AI

1) for reloading as much as you like i thought that was not fair, since then you can reload 50 times for a heroic victory with very poor odds, 3-7 or something?
    2) why no invasions?
    3) in the late game you will need to exterminate for public order, very large settlements, with quite some distance from your capital and completely different culture have a very good chance to revolt if you can't exterminate. (not all, but... )
    4) how can you check whether battles vs players are auto resolved and not fought on the battlefield?

The fight battles and reload as much as possible are a bit of a problem i think, lets see what others think about it, if we can adjust that, I would like to claim Isengard so I can start with a capital now

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I prefer small sized hotseats like YB since they are quicker and you have got more information about what is going around you but I will probably join nontheless and take Mordor.Despite this won't be good vs evil campaign I think there still be tensions between good and evil factions as I hardly see Mordor and Rohan working together or OoTMM and Elves for example. No rule about posting pics of battles? I think greater battles should be somehow notified because otherwise we won't know what is happening in the rest of Middle Earth and will be completely blind unless contact other players. But if you want so I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain Khuzaymah View Post
    i would like to join it, but i have doubts about some rules:- You may reload your time as much as you like.- No Invasions at all.- No exterminating cities at all, you may sack or occupy.- All player vs. player battles must be Auto Resolved, must upload pics to prove, you may fight battles against the AI1) for reloading as much as you like i thought that was not fair, since then you can reload 50 times for a heroic victory with very poor odds, 3-7 or something?2) why no invasions? 3) in the late game you will need to exterminate for public order, very large settlements, with quite some distance from your capital and completely different culture have a very good chance to revolt if you can't exterminate. (not all, but... )4) how can you check whether battles vs players are auto resolved and not fought on the battlefield?The fight battles and reload as much as possible are a bit of a problem i think, lets see what others think about it, if we can adjust that, I would like to claim Isengard so I can start with a capital now
    1) And who can tell you how many times have you reloading? This is unverifiable before posting your save as afterwards everyone can see when you change your post. And I believe this is refering to the first stage before posting.2) Invasions should be good in my opinion but not too early. We should wait at least 20 turns before allowing one.3) I am also against extermination as that would destroy entire cities and turn them back to villages.4) That can be check by post a pics or forbidding real battles at all. Otherwise it will be very hard to check.
    TATW HS Community Award

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

I would like to join as eriador

Matto, i believe as we do in knicolas' HS, if the admin reloads 5 times but doesnt get a win the battle is invalid. if you do not forbidd real battles everyone has to post a pic of every battle against player. Wait 20 turns for invasion, good thing the dark lord arrives only after 50

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

dwarfs please

Edit: Chieftain have you played much TATW? i have never lost a settlement to population growth related public order problems , sacking should be more than enough and if you look at the pop growth in the game we will be fighting in all villages if extermination is allowed again aand again
    Last edited by knight of meh; May 25, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

High Elves, please. I would like to try a good faction for a change.

My thoughts about the rules:
    - unlimited replay, can fight the AI -- I think this works because you're requiring pictures to be posted. The admin can always test a battle that looks fishy. You could add something like "no heroic victories," or the 5-turn replay by admin rule that Chieftain suggested
    - I don't like invasions either, so I am with you on that one
    - no extermination -- that's fine too. Sacking is good enough

Have you thought about doing a smaller-sized hotseat? Some of the larger hotseats here seem to be sputtering out around turn 50-60 because people keep leaving. Meanwhile our Young Bloods is roaring along at a good pace because people get to play their turn more often and stay interested because it's more fun. Just something to think about.

Matto, i believe as we do in knicolas' HS, if the admin reloads 5 times but doesnt get a win the battle is invalid. if you do not forbidd real battles everyone has to post a pic of every battle against player. Wait 20 turns for invasion, good thing the dark lord arrives only after 50
    I didn't know about that rule Chieftain but it sounds good.

Small sized hotseat will be much better but then again we have to think which factions will be playable, where will be the borders of the map and what to do with other factions (either leave them or turn them rebel). Theoretical we could play on the whole map and first fight against ai to expand our territory and later fight battles with other players.
    TATW HS Community Award

@knight of meh: what i know is when i play campaign with computers and after few hundred turns i walk into mordor, capture barad dur, and have real real bad public order. I exterminate the settlement and still require to leave a half stack army there to retain the population from revolting, you have never experienced this?

i am also for it to make it smaller. but there is one thing matto, we also have to take into account which factions on what vegetation. Like the elves are really bad to expand because they only have proper working baracks in forest regions. Evil baracks work almost all over the map, either mountain and grassland, or desert and grassland.

so matto, i dont know how your YB is going? is the map balanced between players?
    1a) we could adopt matto's map
    1b) create a new smaller map
    2a) fight whole map with players and ai, but first expand against ai and then play against players is a bad rule, that would make it unbalanced i tthink. so play like half ai/half players without any special rules could work.
    2b) fight whole map with players and ai, half ai/half player good vs half ai/half player evil

Just all suggestions here, add more suggestions, choose an option, so we can agree on what we are going to do. ( personally i like good.vs.evil but i understand that the creator doesnt want this )

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

@knight of meh: what i know is when i play campaign with computers and after few hundred turns i walk into mordor, capture barad dur, and have real real bad public order. I exterminate the settlement and still require to leave a half stack army there to retain the population from revolting, you have never experienced this?
    now i know what your problem is

it's not the population as seen by you killing most of it not helping.. it's the culture; you are 100 turns in and in every mordor settlement there will be 100% melkor worship or there about ..

that is true. but i disagree killing people doesnt help. firstly you reduce the population which means there is less squalor in the settlement. and secondly, when you exterminate you get public order bonus in 'fear' which gives you a bit of time to turn the culture around.

i am really not pro exterminating, especially in start i never use exterminate but this was just my experience in later game, you really need it then.

I added all of you, I changed a few rules aswell, I also need an admin.

And if we don't get enough players within a week, we can use a smaller map, Like Matto's except with Rhun and the Dwarves. If we use a smaller map.. What about a map with these factions?

Gondor
    Rohan
    Isengard
    Mordor
    Harad
    Rhun
    Dwarves (only their 2 eastern settlements)
    Dale
    Silvans?
    Last edited by Arrow2daknee; May 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

A good combination of factions. Lands west of MM aren't so important anyway and it is pretty balance between good and evil factions which would probably stick together.
    TATW HS Community Award

Alright then, we will use those factions then, if you lost your faction please pick a new one inside the map.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Sounds good. I will try Rohan then.

Quote Originally Posted by joerock22 View Post
    Sounds good. I will try Rohan then.
    Added

Also, if we can't get an an admin, I will be admin and play in the hotseat.

That sounds very good, seems a nice smaller hotseat!! Though I am against you playing in the hotseat and being admin at the same time arrow, no offense, but i went through some other hotseats and it appears that such a situation gives problems and dissatisfies players. Like if you are Harad and you have to check Gondor, that is no ideal situation if you understand me..

btw i just checked mattos map, i noticed mordor have been given 4 settlements in start near dol guldur? i think mordor shoulhd only start with dol guldur as supposed to. Rohan and Gondor will have a very hard time against isen, harad and mordor as proved in YB, and if you give mordor 4 forrest settlements against 3 for the SE it will take a long time before the silvans can actually take part in the war outside the forrest. then about the map, i think we should draw the line parrallel to the MM, so beorns halls, framsburg, dains halls are IN the map, any settlement on the west aren't.
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; May 26, 2013 at 04:47 AM.

Yes but that 4 settlements were useless to Mordor as he couldn't recruit any soldiers there + he had to pay for unkeeping troops there.

You have to bear in mind that this hotseat won't be about good vs evil so the situation is not exactly the same as in YB.
    TATW HS Community Award

I'll admin

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

The silvans for me please

Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast