Thread: Any advantage by upgrading unit-train buildings?

Default Any advantage by upgrading unit-train buildings?

Hey guys,

I downloaded and started to play Sparta: TW yesterday and with the Spartans it is pretty much fun. But I wonder why there is absolutely no unit (except for ballistas and onagers) that I can train now which I wasn't able to train at the beginning. I upgraded several barracks (which took 10-15 turns..) but still: no new units.

Is it something like a bug or is Sparta supposed to be able of training every unit from the start?

Greets,
    Fox

Default Re: Any advantage by upgrading unit-train buildings?

I wanted training of units from the start as there was no time in history you could only recruit peasants and basic units. There is an upgrade in the unit strengths and some added units for the Romans late on ~ if i remember correctly. Building upgrades will give you greater defences, and i also think i added more income for each upgrade – um i think ~ i meant to anyways lol.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Ah ok that explains everything, thank you. I even wondered what would be the upgrade of full-trained Spartan Elite-Hoplites

So basically we can ignore that building?