Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT! Rome II not moddable?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: WHAT! Rome II not moddable?

Everyone rep Will CA.

Guy is totally right, CA probably dont want to talk about modding or anything just yet but i do remember them giving tools for shogun 2 so if they do that for Rome 2 all is good i suppose.

Lets chill out and grab a bag of beefy crisps .

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Thank you Craig
    You mean Will! :O

And yes, good that you stepped in Will, too much negativity on this forum these days...

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The game can not be modable for a good reason ...
    CA with R2 creates a comon base of animations ,enviroment and objects that can be shared with a huge number of DLCs.
    To bad for us the modders but its true.
    With this comon base ...CA can sell Barbarian Invasion 2, Alexander 2, Dark Ages 1, Medieval 3 and with a huge subDLCs for each one.
    So do not expect modding tools other than a simple re-coloring of tunics....
    Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    I found this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/tota...er-and-mods/2/

but this article was released 10 months ago...

It says:

PS: if i'm not wrong, James Russell is the Lead Game Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowilo View Post
    Honestly After Shogun 2 and Empire and Naploean you guys are suprised. I am pretty sure they will keep modding down to a minimum. They would have that right its there game. I am big on mods too but its just the way to coin rolls Companies get very little to gain from mods. I wish they did I want them but people buy the game and thats about it. Few people actually do mod besides hardcore gamers. I wish more people did but they dont.

I wish they allowed mods. I hope they do. I will still get Rome 2 because they still have a awesome product. most people saying they wont preorder now are just trying to rally the fan bois up.
    CA has never intentionally limited the modding capability of their games. They have limited what content you can use for modding. Like, for example, you cannot use units or textures in certain DLC for mods because it's sold as separate content and they don't want to give it away for free. Modding the game has become harder because the code and engine are more complex than the older pre-Warscape games. Even when they did release modding tools where a modder could do a lot people still complained that there were zero modding tools. I'm not denying that the tools are hard to use, though.
    Last edited by Dan113112; May 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    It's very rare that I get annoyed at a thread, after all I like you guys, you're the only group of people who play Total War more than I do, but this thread needs to stop.

We have released a full complement of modding tools for Shogun 2 with the assembly kit, we made them just for the community and they didn’t exist until crafted by our team here. You can now make a mod for the game and share it with anyone in the world via steam workshop.

The idea that we are against mods is stupid and dumb.

We are not going to talk about modding in Rome II for a while yet, but we are going to talk about it and have made no statement otherwise.
    Quoted for truth. It is clear that many of those around here spouting their wisdom about how CA hates modding and is intentionally preventing mods have not tried using the Assembly Kit, or even looked at its capabilities. If they have they would realize their idiotic statements are false.

I dont know any other company (or employees) that take as much as **** as CA does and they still stick around IN A FAN MADE SITE.
    jesus people... the least you can do is have some respect but nope its all entitlement, opinionated cesspool of insult being flung around left and right not to mention the issue has been addressed over and over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I dont know any other company (or employees) that take as much as **** as CA does and they still stick around IN A FAN MADE SITE.
    jesus people... the least you can do is have some respect but nope its all entitlement, opinionated cesspool of insult being flung around left and right not to mention the issue has been addressed over and over and over and over.
    BUT THE SANDALS ARE WRONGGGGGG!

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Lets not go over the top people, Of course CA allows mods of their games plus they introduced tools for Shogun 2.
    So one cannot say they are anti modding.
    Just relax and give the game time to hit the shelves and I am sure down the road CA will help out the TWC modder,s.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow Skillson View Post
    BUT THE SANDALS ARE WRONGGGGGG!

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

It's very rare that I get annoyed at a thread, after all I like you guys, you're the only group of people who play Total War more than I do, but this thread needs to stop.

We have released a full complement of modding tools for Shogun 2 with the assembly kit, we made them just for the community and they didnít exist until crafted by our team here. You can now make a mod for the game and share it with anyone in the world via steam workshop.

The idea that we are against mods is stupid and dumb.

We are not going to talk about modding in Rome II for a while yet, but we are going to talk about it and have made no statement otherwise.
    This This ​THIS!!

Suebi> Everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by skimyy View Post
    It's modable on the level of Shogun 2.

Ah...

Isn't this enough...?

Also our great modders have always learned to fight back, even modding some of the worst titles CA has released.
    Not quite. Rome and Medieval 2 were both very moddable, a fact that has contributed greatly to their longevity. Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun are, sadly, quite a bit different in this regard. Unlike companies such as Firaxis (amongst others), CA gives little thought to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    I do not assume modding as a primary goal for a game. It's interesting as it can add content but not vital. The latest TW games since ETW have satisfied me enough to avoid any type of mod. Another story are game like RTW and MTW2 that requires decisively the help of mods. I hope RTW2 will be good as done and with tons of DLC.
    If it will be moddable let's see what people will make with it.
    I think that your logic is incorrect. RTW and M2TW allowed the extensive use of mods, which led to the development of some excellent works vastly better than the vanilla versions of those games. There were no must-have mods for Empire, Napoleon, or Shogun 2 for the simple fact that the mod-resistant game engine does not allow for their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
    I think that your logic is incorrect. RTW and M2TW allowed the extensive use of mods, which led to the development of some excellent works vastly better than the vanilla versions of those games. There were no must-have mods for Empire, Napoleon, or Shogun 2 for the simple fact that the mod-resistant game engine does not allow for their creation.
    I think I just heard Will scream.

Primicerius

Unlike companies such as Firaxis (amongst others), CA gives little thought to the community.
    Do you have any idea how hard mod tools are to make or long it takes to make them? Obviously not. You cannot always compare companies or games. Different games run on different engines. Different engines are either moddable or not so moddable/unmoddable. CA can't wave a magic wand and have mod tools ready to go. Time and money go into making those tools. Then they give them away. Even when they did their best (debatable) to give mod tools for TWS2 people complained about complexity or that it wasn't to their liking.
    The game isn't mod resistant. CA has never intentionally hampered modding of their games. Some aspects of the game are hardcoded (just like aspects of pre-Warscape games) but the game is not mod resistant. There are total overhaul mods for NTW. the games are certainly more complex to mod but that's due to complex code not intentional tampering.
    Last edited by Dan113112; May 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

but I think the OP has been cheeky with his hyperbole thread name.
    More than half of the threads here are hyperbolic.
    Enough smalltalk, when is the new Rally Point???

We have released a full complement of modding tools for Shogun 2 with the assembly kit, we made them just for the community and they didnít exist until crafted by our team here. You can now make a mod for the game and share it with anyone in the world via steam workshop.
    What can I say, an ungrateful bunch of ********

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I think I just heard Will scream.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Primicerius

Well played. Have some Rep.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Wrong, with the Assembly Kit Shogun 2 is quite moddable, on par with RTW and M2TW.

Let's see what the Assembly kit allows us to mod:
    • Campaign map: whether just editing the existing maps or creating entire new ones this is now possible.
    • Building models: both new battle map and campaign map building models can be made and processed for the game.
    • Unit models: whole new unit models can be made and added to the game.
    • Campaign start positions: the tools allow for easy start position editing and processing for the campaigns.
    • New factions: the tools allow for additional factions to be created.
    • The list goes on...

The vast majority of those around here that continue to criticize CA for their so called 'anti'-modding stance are not even modders themselves or are people who haven't moved beyond M2TW, and thus lack knowledge of what the current modding situation is.

Tiro

EVERYONE I SAW where the op got that quote it's from another total war center member who has no relation to CA he was making an assumption and so is the OP of this thread nothing's been confirmed so for all you who believed the OP because he put it in quotations then well your to easily manipulatable