Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to add a new faction and modify existing ones

Default Re: How to add a new faction and modify existing ones

But I didn't find any advices about how change minor faction generals' appearances and random generals appearance. There is a guide how to change main factions' daymo's appearance as long as I remember. Also nothing about why english veteran became american?
    Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    That's why i told you to look at uanime5's tutorial. Everything is explained there: To change the appearance of generals look at "agent_uniforms" than to "campaign_character_art_sets" to add the uniform to your faction leader. To change uniform colors, go to "faction_uniform_colours".

Quote Originally Posted by Vladman96 View Post
    But I didn't find any advices about how change minor faction generals' appearances and random generals appearance. There is a guide how to change main factions' daymo's appearance as long as I remember. Also nothing about why english veteran became american?
    Yeah, the system chooses randomly the appearances of generals and agents.

so there is not a big deal, that Saga's (Yodo for the game) daymo doesn't look like Saga's in the vanilla version of the game?

Any tips about this? I would really appreciate if you help me. Also how can I change intro when campaign starts? I need to point camera on another position and turn off advisor reading the text from picture on pic related
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	683.2 KB 
ID:	344555

The buttons can be changed at ui=>fronted ui=>skins=>buttons <faction>. The intro, you mean the video? Or the intro of the adviser?

so there is not a big deal, that Saga's (Yodo for the game) daymo doesn't look like Saga's in the vanilla version of the game?
    The daymo's appearance (campaign_character_art_sets) can be changed. The generals and agents are randomly chosen by the uniforms made in agent_uniforms and characters_arts.

Yeah, already changed buttons, thank you)
    I meant intro that announcer comments history of the clan. How can I change it's text and audio? And change camera position on the map after announcer finished his text?
    The problem is how change names in localizated version (russian in my case). I deleted original CA local_ru.pack and replaced it with my with my names, but it's not an option.
    Last edited by HuskyTW; April 12, 2017 at 08:50 AM.

Also is there any mods or tricks to enable grabbling hooks for infantry like it was in NTW and ETW? Climbing on their own hands and legs US marines look ridicilous

Yeah, already changed buttons, thank you)
    I meant intro that announcer comments history of the clan. How can I change it's text and audio? And change camera position on the map after announcer finished his text?
    The problem is how change names in localizated version (russian in my case). I deleted original CA local_ru.pack and replaced it with my with my names, but it's not an option.
    Audio is at local_en.pack (or in your case local_rus.pack) => advisor <boshin_clan_intro_faction>
    Text is located in the same file, but in text=>db=>advice_levels.loc

Also is there any mods or tricks to enable grabbling hooks for infantry like it was in NTW and ETW? Climbing on their own hands and legs US marines look ridicilous
    I wish. But there isn't. It's hardcoded (at least for the moment).

So there is no way to override vanilla localistion with mine? I switched Saga and Yodo, but the game still shows Yodo's name as Saga. Will including changed .loc files into my mod solve the problem?
    Audio is at local_en.pack (or in your case local_rus.pack) => advisor <boshin_clan_intro_faction>
    Text is located in the same file, but in text=>db=>advice_levels.loc

I wish. But there isn't. It's hardcoded (at least for the moment).
    Last edited by HuskyTW; April 12, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

I actually want to do Remove the factions from the campaign except the ones i want How do i do that?

Sincerly Rohan

Is there any possibility to make an emergent faction?
    EDIT: Never mind. Already fixed that.
    Last edited by izzi; December 01, 2017 at 07:16 PM.

There is a portrait over ride under Start_pos_characters table that allows you to assign a campaign_character_art_set for any general

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

I'm having trouble with the second last step. BOB doesnt prompt be to start S2. But the faction is playable in custom battles. Maybe I'm not following the instructions correctly:

Edit: Got it to work. I managed to make a startpos.

But I still have one problem: My faction is not playable in the campaign. I changed it to playable in factions.xml and in start_pos_factions. And I changed Mori, Hojo and Toyotomi (only just realised they were playable. Why is that, I've never seen them?) to minor in factions.xml. Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Thanks for this tutorial
    Last edited by Eidgeniesser; February 08, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

So it seems I overread the part where you say that its not known what makes a faction show up on the starting screen. So when you can set the faction to playable does that mean only in custom battles? Or is their another way to to start a SP campaign as the faction you created? Or another work around?

Anyway: I can play a MP campaign as my faction with this mod activated, which is what I had in mind in the first place. I'm so happy right now.

Maybe i'll try to apply Dwizzles tutorial to add minor faction to the start_pos.esf of the tut_shogun campaign of my mod.pack with a esf.editor. That should work right?

Or I'll try to do the same as someone did with swapping the clans for the minor clans mod. Is there a tutorial for that? I couldn't find one. Is it as simple as change <key: mori / faction: mori> to <key: mori / faction: MYCLAN> or the other way round? Or is there an easier solution I'm overlooking?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You can edit the ui_layout for the campaign faction screen file with a hex editor and replace the names there with the name of your custom faction. But the length has to be as long as the one which gets replaced, if not, the file gets corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    You can edit the ui_layout for the campaign faction screen file with a hex editor and replace the names there with the name of your custom faction. But the length has to be as long as the one which gets replaced, if not, the file gets corrupted.

This is good to know! thanks primergy

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

hey, I would like to know it it is possible to add agent abilities to the Sengoku Jidai from FOTS/ROTS? I really want to modify my geisha to seduce agents and distract garrison. I tried adding "can_seduce 1" and "can_sabotage_army" to my geisha in agent_to_agent_abilities but no avail. The skills doesn't show up. Even subterfuge skills of the ninja (can_sabotage_army) and even the monk and metsuke ones "can_bribe" and "can demoralize_army". I does not show on the geisha skills. I have also added these to the ninja but still doesn't work. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    I actually want to do Remove the factions from the campaign except the ones i want How do i do that?

Sincerly Rohan
    I would like to know this too. I want to change the ownership of the Miyagi and Iwate provinces to Aizu instead of their current owners Sendai and Morioka.
    So I have deleted the generals, family members and starting units both in cities and outside of them from Sendai and Morioka in TWeak. But whenever I try to make a build, the game crashes on startup back to BoB with a message saying it failed.

I know this forum is pretty dead, but maybe somebody is still out there who can offer some help?

Quote Originally Posted by arsl31 View Post
    hey, I would like to know it it is possible to add agent abilities to the Sengoku Jidai from FOTS/ROTS? I really want to modify my geisha to seduce agents and distract garrison. I tried adding "can_seduce 1" and "can_sabotage_army" to my geisha in agent_to_agent_abilities but no avail. The skills doesn't show up. Even subterfuge skills of the ninja (can_sabotage_army) and even the monk and metsuke ones "can_bribe" and "can demoralize_army". I does not show on the geisha skills. I have also added these to the ninja but still doesn't work. Please help.
    Each agent uses a different attribute associated with them, for example Monk's use zeal. It's possible that you can't use other agent's abilities without the right attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiruri View Post
    I would like to know this too. I want to change the ownership of the Miyagi and Iwate provinces to Aizu instead of their current owners Sendai and Morioka.
    So I have deleted the generals, family members and starting units both in cities and outside of them from Sendai and Morioka in TWeak. But whenever I try to make a build, the game crashes on startup back to BoB with a message saying it failed.
    Did you update the startpos_regions DB tables so the new faction controls these regions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails build_chain_s2.jpg  
    Last edited by uanime5; November 14, 2020 at 06:30 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast