Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to add a new faction and modify existing ones

Default Re: How to add a new faction and modify existing ones

But if I wanted the banner of, say Mori, how do you do that?

Do you want to edit Mori's banner or give Mori's banner to another faction?
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Original question:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm not quite done with all the work yet, so I dont know if it automatically does this, but how do you let the game know to use a specific .officer.unit_variant for your custom clan's Daimyou? I noticed that the stock Daimyou use one that has the full name of the most famous member of the family (such as the Oda Daimyou using the file "Special_Gen_Oda_Nobunaga.officer.unit_variant", and Nobuhide spawns with that model). It's easy with the campaign model and frontend model, since they just use a "Campaign_Special_Gen_<surname>_Daimyo" and "Special_Gen_<surname>_Daimyo" system. But should I just name the officer file after whoever I picked as the faction leader in "start_pos_characters" section? Or will just having a "Special_Gen_<surname>_Daimyo.officer.unit_variant" file be good enough (in other words, replacing the given name with "Daimyo")?

Alternatively, would you need to create a unit for one of the family members who is or will become Daimyou just like the other clans have? And then, with that, assign an .officer.unit_variant to that? If we didn't, wouldn't the game just spawn a random Taishou general appearance?

And with a portrait for our custom clan's Daimyou, would we just simply put a "<surname>_daimyo.tga" file in the "portraits>custom>cards" and "*>*>info" folders? Would the game know to give that image to the clan's Daimyou?

=======EDIT=======
    Okay, so I finally finished, and now I have a few more questions. The answers to the question above were no, the game doesn't know to automatically assign unit_variants and Daimyou cards/info pictures (and strangely, even the "campaign_special_gen_<surname>_daimyo.unit_variant" didn't work... I'll get to that later), and yes, the game does assign random Taishou appearances to your Daimyou. However, I'm now having a few more problems.

In the attached images, you can see some of what I mean. The clan (named after the male in my signature image, a name I had to add to the names_japanese group) DOES exist, and it does own the territory I picked for it (Kii), and all the family members (at least the males) are accounted for with the names I picked for them.

• First issue, as seen in the images, is that the clan isn't selectable in the "new campaign" menu. I did set Uesugi as "minor" in the Factionstable and made the Shirogane playable as a major clan. I did not set the Uesugi as unplayable in the start_pos_factions table, though. I dont have time to try doing that for a few hours, but I'll give it a shot if no one has responded by then.
      • Okay, I tried setting Uesugi as unplayable in start_pos_factions, and the result was they disappeared from the selection choice. However, the Shirogane did not replace them. I've added a new picture to show that.

• The second issue is that, despite having made custom portraits and unit_variants, they didn't work. That's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but still one that I would like to figure out. They are in the same separate .pack file as the banners, and yet the banners work perfectly. (It's a "movie" .pack instead of a "mod" one, if that matters. The main clan .pack is a "mod" file.) If the banners work fine, then I wonder why the portraits do not, unless, of course, the game doesn't know how to allocate them correctly because I missed something.
    • And the final problem is the Mon. The Mon images are also in the same .pack file with the banners and the portraits/unit_variants, and they are messed up. The diplomacy menu shows random Mons each time I open it. The screen shot shows the time it used the Chosokabe and Miyoshi ones. It also used the Asai one, once.
    • ==Edit== New problem. So, I tried again playing as the Hattori, and I let a couple of turns fly by while my ninja watched the Shirogane. They didn't move once, and I couldn't interact with the 3 armies that are standing on/in the castle (which might be a reason they cant move. I might have to change where they're standing). I could start a battle with Kii, and the 3 armies joined in. So it must be that they were stuck in the model of the castle, hah. Also, I thought that they weren't getting a turn when I clicked the "end turn" button, but no, they are. They just use the Chosokabe mon, again. I noticed that it came up twice. And I checked again, making sure to read the names, and sure enough, it said "Shirogane". So they do get a turn. They upgraded some buildings, but didn't bother building any troops, and again, didn't move any of the ones they had.

Would you know the reason for any of these? Also, all 3 Shirogane generals are standing inside of one another. Not a problem, just thought it was kind of funny.
    Oh yeah, and I use both the "Furinkazan" mod for more interesting character unit cards and images, and BullGod's Daimyou mods. That's why the images look the way they do.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00004.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	411.7 KB 
ID:	284024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00003.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	436.6 KB 
ID:	284023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	474.0 KB 
ID:	284021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00002.jpg 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	284022 Update: No Uesugi -->Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00005.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	397.2 KB 
ID:	284114
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; July 05, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorte-Renshe View Post
    Original question:

I'm not quite done with all the work yet, so I dont know if it automatically does this, but how do you let the game know to use a specific .officer.unit_variant for your custom clan's Daimyou? I noticed that the stock Daimyou use one that has the full name of the most famous member of the family (such as the Oda Daimyou using the file "Special_Gen_Oda_Nobunaga.officer.unit_variant", and Nobuhide spawns with that model). It's easy with the campaign model and frontend model, since they just use a "Campaign_Special_Gen_<surname>_Daimyo" and "Special_Gen_<surname>_Daimyo" system. But should I just name the officer file after whoever I picked as the faction leader in "start_pos_characters" section? Or will just having a "Special_Gen_<surname>_Daimyo.officer.unit_variant" file be good enough (in other words, replacing the given name with "Daimyo")?

Alternatively, would you need to create a unit for one of the family members who is or will become Daimyou just like the other clans have? And then, with that, assign an .officer.unit_variant to that? If we didn't, wouldn't the game just spawn a random Taishou general appearance?

And with a portrait for our custom clan's Daimyou, would we just simply put a "<surname>_daimyo.tga" file in the "portraits>custom>cards" and "*>*>info" folders? Would the game know to give that image to the clan's Daimyou?

=======EDIT=======
    Okay, so I finally finished, and now I have a few more questions. The answers to the question above were no, the game doesn't know to automatically assign unit_variants and Daimyou cards/info pictures (and strangely, even the "campaign_special_gen_<surname>_daimyo.unit_variant" didn't work... I'll get to that later), and yes, the game does assign random Taishou appearances to your Daimyou. However, I'm now having a few more problems.

In the attached images, you can see some of what I mean. The clan (named after the male in my signature image, a name I had to add to the names_japanese group) DOES exist, and it does own the territory I picked for it (Kii), and all the family members (at least the males) are accounted for with the names I picked for them.

• First issue, as seen in the images, is that the clan isn't selectable in the "new campaign" menu. I did set Uesugi as "minor" in the Factionstable and made the Shirogane playable as a major clan. I did not set the Uesugi as unplayable in the start_pos_factions table, though. I dont have time to try doing that for a few hours, but I'll give it a shot if no one has responded by then.
      • Okay, I tried setting Uesugi as unplayable in start_pos_factions, and the result was they disappeared from the selection choice. However, the Shirogane did not replace them. I've added a new picture to show that.

• The second issue is that, despite having made custom portraits and unit_variants, they didn't work. That's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but still one that I would like to figure out. They are in the same separate .pack file as the banners, and yet the banners work perfectly. (It's a "movie" .pack instead of a "mod" one, if that matters. The main clan .pack is a "mod" file.) If the banners work fine, then I wonder why the portraits do not, unless, of course, the game doesn't know how to allocate them correctly because I missed something.
    • And the final problem is the Mon. The Mon images are also in the same .pack file with the banners and the portraits/unit_variants, and they are messed up. The diplomacy menu shows random Mons each time I open it. The screen shot shows the time it used the Chosokabe and Miyoshi ones. It also used the Asai one, once.
    • ==Edit== New problem. So, I tried again playing as the Hattori, and I let a couple of turns fly by while my ninja watched the Shirogane. They didn't move once, and I couldn't interact with the 3 armies that are standing on/in the castle (which might be a reason they cant move. I might have to change where they're standing). I could start a battle with Kii, and the 3 armies joined in. So it must be that they were stuck in the model of the castle, hah. Also, I thought that they weren't getting a turn when I clicked the "end turn" button, but no, they are. They just use the Chosokabe mon, again. I noticed that it came up twice. And I checked again, making sure to read the names, and sure enough, it said "Shirogane". So they do get a turn. They upgraded some buildings, but didn't bother building any troops, and again, didn't move any of the ones they had.

Would you know the reason for any of these? Also, all 3 Shirogane generals are standing inside of one another. Not a problem, just thought it was kind of funny.
    Oh yeah, and I use both the "Furinkazan" mod for more interesting character unit cards and images, and BullGod's Daimyou mods. That's why the images look the way they do.

Name:	2013-07-05_00004.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	411.7 KB 
ID:	284024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00003.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	436.6 KB 
ID:	284023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00001.jpg 
Size:	474.0 KB 
ID:	284021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00002.jpg 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	284022 Update: No Uesugi -->Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-05_00005.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	397.2 KB 
ID:	284114
    I think you cannot make factions unplayable; you need to swap the startpos.

Okay, from lack of information, I re-did the mod, this time doing a little switcheroo with the clans. Since I wanted the Shirogane to be the owners of Kii, and I couldn't get them to be playable as a new clan, I turned the Uesugi into the Shirogane. So, the Uesugi were re-named and relocated (and all the other stuff that goes into re-doing an identity). The Tsutsui became the new minor-faction Uesugi and got Echigo. And the Hatakeyama got the Tsutsui's former territory of Yamato. Everything seemed to be perfectly fine. I made the mod pack, and that worked. But when I tried to make the startpos.esf, something went wrong. The Shogun 2 mod manager started, and I selected the new mod. Shogun 2 started, got to that loading screen that comes up when you're making a new startpos.esf file, and then Shogun 2 "stopped working". It crashed. I tried a few different things (as in taking out other mods or changing them from being "movie" to "mod" packs like the main one), all of which ended in failure.
    The worst part is that it doesn't actually tell me what is wrong. As far as it seems, there isn't anything wrong with what I've done:

Name:	bob failure.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	598.4 KB 
ID:	285182 Any idea as to what's going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by dRokon100 View Post
    I think you cannot make factions unplayable; you need to swap the startpos.
    You make factions unplayable by swapping the startpos out for your own. That's exactly what I did to the Uesugi the first time, if you're saying what I think you're saying.

Maybe you have the wrong game_path? I think you can also open the bob_error files

Quote Originally Posted by dRokon100 View Post
    Maybe you have the wrong game_path? I think you can also open the bob_error files
    If I had the wrong game_path, it wouldn't have worked when I created the Shirogane clan from the ground up. That time it created the startpos perfectly. (Also, I checked, and the game_path is correct). I also checked the bob_error before I wrote that comment above, and the file says the exact same thing as the description in that screencap I gave.

Anyway:
    If you still read this thread, Uanime5, do you know anything about this?

It's possible that there's a UI file that's been coded so that it will only display specific factions and only when these factions are playable. This would explain why you can only made specific factions playable (I was able to make Otomo playable in a mod but I have the Otomo DLC).

The second issue is that, despite having made custom portraits and unit_variants, they didn't work. That's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but still one that I would like to figure out. They are in the same separate .pack file as the banners, and yet the banners work perfectly. (It's a "movie" .pack instead of a "mod" one, if that matters. The main clan .pack is a "mod" file.) If the banners work fine, then I wonder why the portraits do not, unless, of course, the game doesn't know how to allocate them correctly because I missed something.
    Did you make sure that the images were in the right folder, the image and faction names were correct, that the tga files were correct, and that you added both a card and info image?

And the final problem is the Mon. The Mon images are also in the same .pack file with the banners and the portraits/unit_variants, and they are messed up. The diplomacy menu shows random Mons each time I open it. The screen shot shows the time it used the Chosokabe and Miyoshi ones. It also used the Asai one, once.
    The diplomacy mon use is the one you assigned to the faction in the factions DB tables. If you told TWS2 to look for a mon you didn't make then it is likely to just choose a random mon.

==Edit== New problem. So, I tried again playing as the Hattori, and I let a couple of turns fly by while my ninja watched the Shirogane. They didn't move once, and I couldn't interact with the 3 armies that are standing on/in the castle (which might be a reason they cant move. I might have to change where they're standing). I could start a battle with Kii, and the 3 armies joined in. So it must be that they were stuck in the model of the castle, hah. Also, I thought that they weren't getting a turn when I clicked the "end turn" button, but no, they are. They just use the Chosokabe mon, again. I noticed that it came up twice. And I checked again, making sure to read the names, and sure enough, it said "Shirogane". So they do get a turn. They upgraded some buildings, but didn't bother building any troops, and again, didn't move any of the ones they had.
    This is happening because you assigned a character to this settlement using the start_pos_character_to_settlements but units have also assigned to this settlement using the start_pos_settlement_garrisons. Delete the units in the start_pos_settlement_garrisons to fix this problem.

If I had the wrong game_path, it wouldn't have worked when I created the Shirogane clan from the ground up. That time it created the startpos perfectly. (Also, I checked, and the game_path is correct). I also checked the bob_error before I wrote that comment above, and the file says the exact same thing as the description in that screencap I gave.

Anyway:
    If you still read this thread, Uanime5, do you know anything about this?
    Unfortunately I don't know how to fix errors you get while making the startpos (I'm currently having a similar problem and I don't know why). I recommend checking the startpos files for any errors and your pack file in case it doesn't have one of the DB tables you need.

I find most of the errors I have when making the startpos are due to diplomatic relationships being assigned to factions not in this campaign or a faction not having a capital.
    Last edited by uanime5; July 30, 2013 at 06:58 AM.

I've tried to replace the ikko ikki with the maeda (just because I can). But I had a slight problem, the flags on the campaign map don't work. It looks like the Kiso flag but only half of the texture. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but all I've done is paste the maeda stuff over the ikko ikki stuff. In the diplomacy and other things the mon works just fine.
    *Edit*
    I derped. I didn't pay attention to the alpha channel since I use paint.net...

I also don't have any idea how to modify the clan selection menu
    Last edited by kugkings; July 29, 2013 at 01:56 PM.

Hi Sir, can you please explain to me wat BOB Part2, 4) means? i duont quite get it. Do i have to edit the pack file in the data folder or the retail folder? And what do you mean by add the startingpos.esf? As in adding only startingpos.esf or together with the directory?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeze95 View Post
    Hi Sir, can you please explain to me wat BOB Part2, 4) means? i duont quite get it. Do i have to edit the pack file in the data folder or the retail folder? And what do you mean by add the startingpos.esf? As in adding only startingpos.esf or together with the directory?
    What he means is that the new startpos.esf that Bob creates needs to be taken and placed into either the same .pack file the rest of the mod is in (under the "campaigns\jap_shogun" sub folder, which you will make), or you could even add it to a new .pack file (under the same sub folders), since the .packs will work together. The new startpos.esf will over-shadow the normal one allowing the mod to fully work.
    I hope that was what you were asking. ///_o

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    It's possible that there's a UI file that's been coded so that it will only display specific factions and only when these factions are playable. This would explain why you can only made specific factions playable (I was able to make Otomo playable in a mod but I have the Otomo DLC).
    Did you make sure that the images were in the right folder, the image and faction names were correct, that the tga files were correct, and that you added both a card and info image?
    The diplomacy mon use is the one you assigned to the faction in the factions DB tables. If you told TWS2 to look for a mon you didn't make then it is likely to just choose a random mon.
    This is happening because you assigned a character to this settlement using the start_pos_character_to_settlements but units have also assigned to this settlement using the start_pos_settlement_garrisons. Delete the units in the start_pos_settlement_garrisons to fix this problem.
    Unfortunately I don't know how to fix errors you get while making the startpos (I'm currently having a similar problem and I don't know why). I recommend checking the startpos files for any errors and your pack file in case it doesn't have one of the DB tables you need.
    I find most of the errors I have when making the startpos are due to diplomatic relationships being assigned to factions not in this campaign or a faction not having a capital.
    Haha, this is a nerve-wracking experience. Thanks for the reply, by the way! ///_^
    The hard-coded UI makes sense, although I was fearing that.
    And from rechecking multiple times, I (was) positive everything is in the correct folders. But:
    AHA!!! Yes! You found one of my mistakes! When you said that the mon is in the "factions" db table, my faction table still had "data\ui\flags\Shirogane" from when I had the Shirogane as a stand-alone clan. I hadn't changed it back to "data\ui\flags\Uesugi", when switching the clans out from one another, which is what it needs to be. So brilliant! That's something I can fix.

Okie dokie, as for the armies not being able to move, I've since changed the positions of the armies to be next to the castle (although I couldn't test it since Bob wouldn't make the start_pos. So, hopefully that's been fixed.)

Well, if this mon problem is what has caused Bob to fail, I'll finally be able to test this thing out. Perhaps Bob will work this time. Maybe. Hopefully. Seems like wishful thinking, but either way...

==EDIT==
    So, I went and found some more problems I had left over from when I made the Shirogane stand-alone, but, even after fixing them, nothing has changed. Figures. That's not even close to the first time this kind of series of events has happened.
    The strangest thing is that when I was making the stand-alone Shirogane mod, the start pos was made perfectly. I just couldn't play as the clan. But now that I'm trying to switch the two clans, it will not work. Here's what I did with the stand-alone mod (which worked), but now will not work:

Name:	bob failure 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	842.4 KB 
ID:	290263 <-- (the result is the same as the first "Bob Failure" picture in my previous post), and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob failure 3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	377.8 KB 
ID:	290264, where nothing happens.
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; August 12, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

So, I went and found some more problems I had left over from when I made the Shirogane stand-alone, but, even after fixing them, nothing has changed. Figures. That's not even close to the first time this kind of series of events has happened.
    The strangest thing is that when I was making the stand-alone Shirogane mod, the start pos was made perfectly. I just couldn't play as the clan. But now that I'm trying to switch the two clans, it will not work. Here's what I did with the stand-alone mod (which worked), but now will not work:

Name:	bob failure 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	842.4 KB 
ID:	290263 <-- (the result is the same as the first "Bob Failure" picture in my previous post), and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob failure 3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	377.8 KB 
ID:	290264, where nothing happens.
    If you plan on modding the startpos I recommend making a backup folder. To do this go to the "modding\raw_data\db" and copy all the XML files you've modified to another folder. I recommend backing up these files after every configuration that TWS2 can load (I've made startpos.esf files that TWS2 can't load, so don't assume that because Bob can make a startpos that it will work). The advantage is when you have a crash you can easily go back to a version that works. You can also compare the working files to the faulty ones using winmerge to look for errors.

Below is what can cause a crash in the various tables. Hopefully one of these is causing your problem.

start_pos_characters: assigning multiple name groups to a faction. Getting the gender, age, or type wrong. Getting the ministerial position wrong (no character should be set to accident).
    start_pos_character_to_settlements: character assigned to a settlement this faction doesn't own.
    start_pos_diplomacy: faction has diplomatic relationships with a faction not in this campaign.
    start_pos_regions: faction does not have at least one capital, faction does not spawn from any region.

Regarding the picture of Bob in Bob part 2 it's incorrect (I will still learning how to use the official tools when I made this guide). I've replaced it with a more accurate image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails family relationship.jpg   new personality 1.jpg   new personality 2.jpg   new personality 3.jpg   new personality 4.jpg  

bob part 2.jpg  
    Last edited by uanime5; August 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Okay, so I haven't had much time since you replied to do this, but I finally do! I started over from scratch, and it works! I think the issue was that the Hatakeyama had left over garrisons in Kii, which was the province I made as the Shirogane[Uesugi]'s capital. (There was also an issue I corrected where the Tsutsui and Uesugi family members got combined when I was turning Tsutsui into the new Uesugi.)

But, with all that work, almost everything is working now! The clan is playable in the place I want it.

The last few issues I'll put here:
    At the selection screen, when you hover over the mon, it still says "Uesugi" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-30_00005.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	292510, though everything else says "Shirogane".

Also, the abilities and clan description are a bit wonky and wrong, respectively. One of the abilities, "Can recruit superior foot archers" is just plain missing. And, the description is still the Uesugi one, despite the fact I made both regular and long descriptions.

Name:	2013-08-30_00001.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	292508
    About the ability. I had, in the files, "clan_trait_uesugi_superior_foot_archers" (or whatever. I think that's what it was). I check the Chosokabe one to see if there was anything I was missing, and it turns out the Chosokabe one is mis-spelled (this is the second typo I've come across in the games files).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Superio or superior.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	292511
    So, I tried spelling the Uesugi variant of that ability the same way as the Chosokabe one (using "Superio"), and the start screen was now missing both the foot archers one AND the superior kisho ninjas one.

The next thing is in game. The clan ability thing shows three "enables building of:" things with nothing under them. I assume this is the 3 special units I made for the clan? That's the only thing I can think of:

Name:	2013-08-30_00002.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	292509

As for this spoiler box, I've figured out the problem. I was, apparently, using an out-dated database. Dont know how that got in there. Only figured that out because I noticed that the "unit_stats_land" table didn't have the option for bullet-proof samurai.
    Now, I'm not sure why, but these three units I've created are causing the game to crash whenever I begin a battle. I've made them the exact same way I always make custom units (only using the PFM, since they never work when I use TWeak). So, I'm going to experiment around and see what's going on there. I'm wondering if it's because I've made so many edits to the clan.

And the final questions are more geared towards the future. I want to make videos that replace the Uesugi intro, victory, and death ones that are special for the Shirogane clan. Actually, if possible, I'd like to make a new death one, as the Tsutsui are using the Uesugi's death video when they die. But I dont really know the first step to importing my own videos. I think I know where they are (all the .bik files, right?) I've never seen .bik before. I'll look into it more later, but any information on this would be helpful!
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; August 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Bink Video(*.bik) is a proprietary video file format developed by RAD Game Tools, and primarily used for full-motion video sequences in video games.

You can download The RAD Video Tools to compress your movies to Bink Video.

Here is the office site:

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Oh cool! Thanks! I'm going to have to play around with that.

To add to my other four questions above, here are two is one more:
    1) Where would I be able to tell the game to stop using the "We are the <insert clan name>..." pan-over video that comes after the intro when you start a new game. I'd like to, again, possibly make my own. I dont know if making my own would be possible, but I would settle for just disabling it for the Shirogane[Uesugi]. I could always add in my own variant to the intro movie .bik file.

As for the spoiler box, I found them! And wow, they're in .mp3 format? Huh. That makes this easy.

2) I'll be looking into this for most of today, but how would I go about making custom pre-battle speeches. I found the db table for "pre_battle_speeches" in data.pack, and at the moment I'm looking for where that points to (now looking in the sound.pack). I am able to get enough audio samples from that guy in my signature image (Shirogane Takeru) to make, surprisingly, a good number of these (and therefore have a special speech parameter for "FACTION_SHIROGANE" in the Factions db table.) Mostly I want this because his voice actor has one of the most unique voices I've ever heard, and I dont have any Japanese friends (who still speak the language) that can imitate him.

==Edit==
    Hey! I figured out one of the problems I was having before! That picture at the menu screen where the Shirogane clan still has the Uesugi description is the result of Bob not exporting the jap_shogun.loc file (or whatever it's called), despite the fact it needed to be exported. I noticed it when I was looking for the subtitles files in the local_en.pack. So, I manually extracted and re-integrated it with my mod, editing the short and long descriptions of the Uesugi to be the Shirogane one (turns out the short description I had was long enough to warrant a scroll bar.) I also had to re-edit the description of Kii, which I had also changed. However, it seems that the only description of Kii viewable in the game (along with the only time the long description of a clan is viewable) is in the encyclopedia. Unfortunately, that doesn't change with the .loc for the esf. Thus, I'll need to find the encyclopedia's files and edit them separately.

Name:	2013-08-31_00001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	292736 (Actually, I seem to be unable to find where to edit encyclopedia files on clans and territories)

Out of curiosity, is it possible to create encyclopedia entries for custom units? I've created long descriptions for all of them, yet it's kind of pointless without having an encyclopedia entry.
    I see a couple encyclopedia tables in both local_en.pack and the data.pack, yet none of them seem to be about clans, territories, or units.
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; August 31, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

To make custom pan-over intro scripting, edit the \campaigns\jap_shogun\scripting.lua file.

If you disable the pan-over scripting, the fog of war will not clear in your start province as it acts up due to this scripting(though it should fix itself when you end your first turn).

For encyclopedia, edit the html files in \steam\SteamApps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data\encyclopedia folder.
    Last edited by ScarletFrog; August 31, 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Ah, brilliant, thanks for the warning. I'll see what I can do about the pan-over thing. Perhaps just changing it a tad will help.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletFrog View Post
    For encyclopedia, edit the html files in \steam\SteamApps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data\encyclopedia folder.
    Oh. I guess I should have been more observant, haha.

Hi,

kugkings endorsed your tutorials.It really helps me to give my Shimazu Clan Tiger-Banner-Textures.thank you.
    i have some problems and hope you can help me.please try it.

1.i want to see my shimazu-clan soldiers units in dark-blue coloured armor,no longer in this green from vanilla game.i have tried to change that.i used Tweak,Bob,Pack File Manager.I Change the Colours in the following tables : 1.factions 2.faction banners 3.faction uniform colours 4.uniform to faction colours and set the RGB tables to : 9 36 117 for primary colours . 0 0 0 for secondary colours . 0 0 0 for tertiary colours .This is a Blue-Black-Black combination,export it with bob or save it with pfm, set it to load in shogun 2 mod manager, but in game my soldiers have still this shimazu green . it has no effect in game. what i am doing wrong?
    2.i would love to give some provinces additional resources,wood in Osumi,silver or gold in Hizen for example.how can i do that?without using 3DSMax or another modelling software?
    3.i would love to give the Shimazu Clan for example another surname and fornames.i tried to make it with tweak,bob,pfm in names-tables but in game it is still shimazu.perhaps the problem here
    is because i dont use the english version of the game,perhaps i have to edit the names in the text-files used for gaming in my language.can it be?
    and last but not least : can i give all provinces an additional slot to build an additional building in this province?

and: i hope all of these things are possible WITH using your Expanded Japan Mod at same time.
    can you help me?

What should I do if I want to edit a modified startpos? I'd like to tweak the major clans in the expanded japan mod to have more starting units. I've got the process down for modifying the vanilla file. I just need to know how to interact with mods.

ok my first problem is solved now.
    now the uniform colours works.the problem was a another mod,that changes the colours too.i thought because this mod was not set to load in Shogun Mod manager,it cannot be the problem.
    but exactly this was the problem.now my soldiers wear blue armors.YEAH!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast