Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to add a new faction and modify existing ones

Default Re: How to add a new faction and modify existing ones

Is it still working? I have just created new clan and I can't make startpos.esf...everytime error, shogun 2 crash. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Could you add a guide for adding custom Traits and retainers to Generals please?
    Edit the start_pos_character_ancillaries.

I could make a guide on adding new traits and retainers but you'd need to make the triggers manually as Bob cannot make this file.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvasat View Post
    Hello can we change the names of cities on unexplored map? Is there any dds file related to it?
    There's a huge file you can edit (Supertexture) but it's every difficult to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Richard View Post
    I cannot find start_pos_family_relationships in the Attila BOB.
    You'd probably have more luck asking on the Attila subforum, than the Shogun 2 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk1p56 View Post
    Is it still working? I have just created new clan and I can't make startpos.esf...everytime error, shogun 2 crash. :/
    There's a huge number of things that could cause this. I recommend testing the DB tables first, then try adding the clan to the startpos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 campaign_character_arts.jpg   2 campaign_character_art_sets.jpg   1 agent uniform.jpg  
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

This is a great guide! I'm trying to mod an invasion by the 'European Traders' faction. Do you know why it is impossible to do diplomacy with them? Which tables affect the diplomacy tab (for example in your mod the sitting faction leader appears differently according to their faction). Thanks for your help

Does it work with Fall of the Samurai? I managed to change flags and etc to a minor clan, but I didn't succeed in making it playable. I wanted to make Yodo playable in the place of Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Vladman96 View Post
    Does it work with Fall of the Samurai? I managed to change flags and etc to a minor clan, but I didn't succeed in making it playable. I wanted to make Yodo playable in the place of Saga
    It's possible with FOTS. But making other clans playable, not really. You can work around it, by creating 2 startpos.esf files and switch the playable factions by re-naming them. But that is a difficult thing to do (and time consuming).

Is there any guide explaining how to rename(switch) clans correctly? I just want Yodo instead of Saga and Edo instead of Jozai, without changing other vanilla clans. Is it possible to replace those clans via official CA mod tools? And how? Could anyone please help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    It's possible with FOTS. But making other clans playable, not really. You can work around it, by creating 2 startpos.esf files and switch the playable factions by re-naming them. But that is a difficult thing to do (and time consuming).

Is there any guide explaining how to rename(switch) clans correctly? I just want Yodo instead of Saga and Edo instead of Jozai, without changing other vanilla clans. Is it possible to replace those clans via official CA mod tools? And how? Could anyone please help me?
    Just follow the guide, but instead that you create a new faction, use for example Saga and re-name everything to Yodo (inclusive banners, start position,...). The same for Yodo, re-name to Saga.

but will it make Yodo playable with its native starting position in Kyoto? Also faction's ID in start_pos_factions and in factions stays the same. Does it matter?
    Just follow the guide, but instead that you create a new faction, use for example Saga and re-name everything to Yodo (inclusive banners, start position,...). The same for Yodo, re-name to Saga.

but will it make Yodo playable with its native starting position in Kyoto? Also faction's ID in start_pos_factions and in factions stays the same. Does it matter?
    You need to switch position to that region. Faction ID will be changed the Saga, but it doesn't matter as you rename the faction.

I did like it's said here:
    Switch the starting position of two clans instart_pos_regions.

Open Bob, which is located in the "total war shogun 2\modding\binaries" folder.

1)In the "Raw Data" column go to the "EmpireDesignData/Datebase" folder and check the "campaign_map_towns_and_ports" box.
    Then press the "start" button to build a mod pack.
    2)Use the mod pack as a mod.
    3)Open Bob again, in the "Raw Data" menu go to the "EmpireDesignData/campaign" folder and check the "jap_shogun" box. On the pop-up menu select "all". In order to create the startpos.esf BOB needs to start TWS2; so when prompted start TWS2. You need to have Steam running before you start TWS2. When asked if you want to load a mod pack select the mod pack you made in 1).
    Press the "start" button to build the startpos.esf files.
    But BoB crashes with ---> Failed to save startpos.esf in c:/official_mod_tools/working_data
    You need to switch position to that region. Faction ID will be changed the Saga, but it doesn't matter as you rename the faction.

You also need to switch the characters in the settlement (startpos_characters_to_settlements). And relocate the standing army and agents (in start_pos_characters).

So firstly (if I want for a start just switch Saga and Yodo) I go to start_pos_regions startpos_characters_to_settlements start_pos_character and switch everything with words Saga and Yodo. Then I make these steps:?
    Open Bob, which is located in the "total war shogun 2\modding\binaries" folder.

1)In the "Raw Data" column go to the "EmpireDesignData/Datebase" folder and check the "campaign_map_towns_and_ports" box.
    Then press the "start" button to build a mod pack.
    2)Use the mod pack as a mod.
    3)Open Bob again, in the "Raw Data" menu go to the "EmpireDesignData/campaign" folder and check the "jap_shogun" box. On the pop-up menu select "all". In order to create the startpos.esf BOB needs to start TWS2; so when prompted start TWS2. You need to have Steam running before you start TWS2. When asked if you want to load a mod pack select the mod pack you made in 1).
    Press the "start" button to build the startpos.esf files.

You also need to switch the characters in the settlement (startpos_characters_to_settlements). And relocate the standing army and agents (in start_pos_characters).

It's much more complicated than just switching the characters. start_pos_character_to_settlements tells where the faction leader of the faction is located (capital region). While the star_pos_character is to know where armies/agents/...are located on the campaign map. While the faction leader, spouse and child are x and y coordinates are all 0. The armies are not. You need the right coordinates for them (to appear where they are on your region).

Thank you. I managed to change places Yodo with Saga. But Saga's (which became Yodo and control Nagasaki) daymo and other general looks like Yodo's and Yodo's (which is Saga now with Kyoto) looks like Saga's. How can I change minor faction's daymo appearance and generals'? Also how can I change intro which is still Saga's (telling about Saga's history) and point camera to Kyoto, not Nagasaki (which is fogged, cuz I changed startpos)?
    It's much more complicated than just switching the characters. start_pos_character_to_settlements tells where the faction leader of the faction is located (capital region). While the star_pos_character is to know where armies/agents/...are located on the campaign map. While the faction leader, spouse and child are x and y coordinates are all 0. The armies are not. You need the right coordinates for them (to appear where they are on your region).

To be more accurate and understandable: Yodo's daymo and general have Saga's names but Yodo's appearance (modern uniform and etc). Is it possible to change?

Here is my progress. I described those pics, hope you can understand. This is part 1, part 2 is upcoming
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	544.7 KB 
ID:	344521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	595.7 KB 
ID:	344522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	675.2 KB 
ID:	344523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	661.2 KB 
ID:	344524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	344525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	583.6 KB 
ID:	344526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Size:	543.1 KB 
ID:	344527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Size:	673.9 KB 
ID:	344528
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9.jpg   10.jpg  

Continuing my previous post first pic here will be #9 and the second #10 and etc.
    In first 2 pics I show how generals looks in vanilla. On third pic I ask question why did they change their appearace. On 4th picture I show how Yodo's daymo looks in vanilla before changing it to Saga's on 5th picture. Same is about generals on 6th and 7th pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Size:	443.5 KB 
ID:	344532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Size:	451.3 KB 
ID:	344531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-9.jpg 
Size:	643.8 KB 
ID:	344533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Size:	520.6 KB 
ID:	344534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Size:	547.6 KB 
ID:	344535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Size:	513.0 KB 
ID:	344536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Size:	540.9 KB 
ID:	344537
    Last edited by HuskyTW; April 11, 2017 at 12:20 AM.

My advice is, first change the appearance of the Saga clan to Yodo clan. By that i mean religion, mons, banners, starting general, ui art, etc... When you have covered that, you can start changing there location on the campaign map. uanime5 explains very well how to change all that.

Have you gone through with my pics? Changing starting positions, I think, has gone well, but I stated problems on those pics and in posts before. What's wrong with generals' apperances, where can I change it?
    My advice is, first change the appearance of the Saga clan to Yodo clan. By that i mean religion, mons, banners, starting general, ui art, etc... When you have covered that, you can start changing there location on the campaign map. uanime5 explains very well how to change all that.

Have you gone through with my pics? Changing starting positions, I think, has gone well, but I stated problems on those pics and in posts before. What's wrong with generals' appearances, where can I change it?
    That's why i told you to look at uanime5's tutorial. Everything is explained there: To change the appearance of generals look at "agent_uniforms" than to "campaign_character_art_sets" to add the uniform to your faction leader. To change uniform colors, go to "faction_uniform_colours".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast