Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2013/2014 Football Transfers thread

Quote Originally Posted by bradavies View Post
    To pay £80m for Bale would be to put him on the same level as Ronaldo, and whilst I think he is an outstanding player, he's certainly not that good.
    In fairness to Kaka though, he was one of the best players in the world at the time of buying, he's just been screwed over from the start by injuries and Mourinho never playing him. Surprised he hasn't moved on yet to be honest. Coentrao is bloody awful though.

I also forgot about the fact that Pellegrini is City's new manager, so that could of made Isco's choice a bit harder as well.
    Well i would pay to get rid of Ronaldo tbh.
    T
    Yes Kaka WAS one of the best players, but when Madrid hired him he was already going down, and i remember thiking it was a bad transfer. I honestly think that the only reason for the transfer of Kaká was the pride or MAdrid's president, Florentino Perez, who wanted to hire him in his previous period in Madrid.

Yeah, forgot about Pellegrini. Btw, they got one of the best coaches in the world (again, discarded by Madrid in for a jerk such as Mourinho, we never learn...). Gratz to them. I wish he was still ours.

Manchester City is becoming a scary team.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I can't understand why Higuian's price is so comparatively low. His record out strips the likes of Cavani/Falcao/Lewandowski. 25, no discernible injury issues, a goal record that's top draw... Is he an alcoholic? penchant for dressing in women's clothing?
    Maybe it's just that Arsenal are good negotiators?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    Sure we do, at least I use more or less every day at work... but I'm starting to be skeptic (also a trait) of his arrival.
    Give him time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Yes Kaka WAS one of the best players, but when Madrid hired him he was already going down, and i remember thiking it was a bad transfer. I honestly think that the only reason for the transfer of Kaká was the pride or MAdrid's president, Florentino Perez, who wanted to hire him in his previous period in Madrid.
    Part of it was pride, Kaká is genuinely good, but you can't expect him to stay in form if you hir ehim as a colelctible and then keep benching him because you've bought prettier trophy players.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete
    Yeah, forgot about Pellegrini. Btw, they got one of the best coaches in the world (again, discarded by Madrid in for a jerk such as Mourinho, we never learn...). Gratz to them. I wish he was still ours.
    I'd really love to see Pellegrini coach a team that doesn't have unlimited money to spend.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    I'd really love to see Pellegrini coach a team that doesn't have unlimited money to spend.
    He has already. He had very good performances coaching -pretty average- teams in Ecuador and Argentina. Then in Spain he brought Villareal (a team who just now has come back to the spanish first division after descending last year) to the Uefa quarter-finals, the Champions League semifinals and won the Intertoto cup.

And yes, Malaga got a load of money to spend, but the team isn't that great.

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

Malaga didn't have anything to spend last year, that's whole reason why Cazorla and Monreal were sold to Arsenal. And the reason why they aren't allowed in Europe next season, because they didn't pay their players.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    He has already. He had very good performances coaching -pretty average- teams in Ecuador and Argentina. Then in Spain he brought Villareal (a team who just now has come back to the spanish first division after descending last year) to the Uefa quarter-finals, the Champions League semifinals and won the Intertoto cup.

And yes, Malaga got a load of money to spend, but the team isn't that great.
    Pretty average teams in Ecuador and Argentina? No, no, no, he managed two of the best squads at the time which had been very successful recently, River Plate were defending champions when he took them over. And he did manage to bungle up by quite a bit then.
    Malaga didn't have anything to spend last year, that's whole reason why Cazorla and Monreal were sold to Arsenal. And the reason why they aren't allowed in Europe next season, because they didn't pay their players.
    Yes, but the players were brought in with the promise of good pay.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

well... let's put it like this. If you were a footballer that is good enough to play in the premiership, would you go down to league two just to prove that you can do fine without good players around you?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Tevez to Juve for £12m. He has his detractors but I always liked him, wish we'd had him at some point. Will that signal the end of Juve's interest in Higuain, or leave Citeh a striker short and in need of a replacement....??

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Will that signal the end of Juve's interest in Higuain
    That's what I'm guessing (though I wouldn't rule out other clubs pouncing in for him - starting from Man.C.) . Absolute bargain from Juve there. And I've just realised something from this extract:

Marotta has signed Tevez, Llorente, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba and Barzagli for less than what Secco paid for Melo. All for €22 million.
    o_o
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

As a belgian, what are the prospects for Mignolet at Liverpool? I havent followed the club that much. Reina might be 30, goalkeepers go a long way. It would be a shame if he is stuck to the bench for next two seasons

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Tevez to Juve for £12m. He has his detractors but I always liked him, wish we'd had him at some point. Will that signal the end of Juve's interest in Higuain, or leave Citeh a striker short and in need of a replacement....??
    At 12m his probably hefty paycheck is not included. Hopefully he can experience a renaissance at Juve, similar to Pirlo?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    That's what I'm guessing (though I wouldn't rule out other clubs pouncing in for him - starting from Man.C.) . Absolute bargain from Juve there. And I've just realised something from this extract:
    o_o
    Very many of those are free transfers, bosman cases.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    As a belgian, what are the prospects for Mignolet at Liverpool? I havent followed the club that much. Reina might be 30, goalkeepers go a long way. It would be a shame if he is stuck to the bench for next two seasons
    Well isn't Reina linked as a replacement for Valdes at Barca, since Valdes is leaving? Maybe that's what it is. Either way, Mignolet is a very good goalkeeper and Reina had a poor season last year so maybe Rodgers is looking to permanently replace him.

And I've just realised something from this extract:
    Meh. I'd rather buy one Andy Carroll for an extra £13m

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Well isn't Reina linked as a replacement for Valdes at Barca, since Valdes is leaving? Maybe that's what it is. Either way, Mignolet is a very good goalkeeper and Reina had a poor season last year so maybe Rodgers is looking to permanently replace him.

As far as I know Barcelona want Valdes to stay until his contract runs out in 2014. I don't think they're looking for a replacement and if they do I don't think it'll be Reina.

I remember Rodgers saying that every position should have some sort of a duel between to contenders*. Plus it's always good to have two strong keepers (think of Real Madrid this year).

*Found it! http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...a-move-rumours

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    Very many of those are free transfers, bosman cases.
    And? Catching Pirlo, Llorente and Pogba on free transfers is still pretty impressive imo.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Indefinitely Banned

What do people think of Liverpool signing Mignolet,Toure,Aspas,Luis Valeron Romero.And looking to sign others too.Could they go for a top 4 place next season.

I don't think so… they'll fight for sixth with Everton and Totnam more likely.
    СИНДИКАТ!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

I just hope Mignolet isnt wasted on the bench, cause with Mourinho not loaning out Lukaku or de Bruyne, im afraid thats gonna happen with young belgian talent in the PL next season. Offcours the season we go to our first WC in 12 year....

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

And? Catching Pirlo, Llorente and Pogba on free transfers is still pretty impressive imo.
    Sure, but they are all circumstantial, and benefited from those.

------------------------------

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A bit herectical to take # 10, but as Il capitano himself said, the jersey should not be retired. Guess we'll have to listen.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Of course it shouldn't.
    СИНДИКАТ!

To guy who opened thread. You should update your OP and add all finished transfers in it. And update it from time to time when new transfers are done.

I hope you just mean to add all the big transfers. Adding every single transfer could be a bit of a pain.