Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Default Re: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Very good progress!
    Congrats for your work!

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

11th October sounds great. Silesian Noble, can't you help to add Crac des Chevaliers? I really miss that fortress in all crusades mods.

11th October sounds great. Silesian Noble, can't you help to add Crac des Chevaliers? I really miss that fortress in all crusades mods.
    It is possible but it would be terrible close to Tripoli and Homs. If the map had greater resolution - it would look much better and also had much more sense. And if I remember correctly one guy used to make such map as sub-mod to BC, does anyone remember what happened to this project?

I would agree, having Crac des Chevaliers would be nice, but it would make things very cramped in this part of the world. If there were a mod or submod that focused on the Levant from Cilicia to the Sinai then you could have a whole lot of detail in the area of the Holy Land.

Templar, still planning the release for Friday?

Hi guys, I'm working a new job....between work and sleeping I'm trying to get as much of the mod done as I can so I can release the first installment. There is not much left to do. I have to just implement one more mount and adjust some entries in the data files, that's it. So bear with me. Here is some eye-candy for you while you wait .

A Templar Bodyguard preparing for a charge:

Also I like the idea of the Crac des Chevaliers...it would be cool to see in a future release, but as stated by some of you, adding it might cause some congestion in the map?? Should we eliminate an existing settlement? Or maybe we should just wait for the BC team to come out with that bigger map they've been working on?

Quote Originally Posted by 0TheLastTemplar0 View Post
    Also I like the idea of the Crac des Chevaliers...it would be cool to see in a future release, but as stated by some of you, adding it might cause some congestion in the map?? Should we eliminate an existing settlement? Or maybe we should just wait for the BC team to come out with that bigger map they've been working on?
    The thing is that:
    1. We will wait a long time for BC 3.0 map (I guess around a year, but the truth is known only to BC members and I suppose they won't make any declaration)
    2. BC 3.0 map already uses 199 settlements/provinces so if you desire to add the Crac you would have to cut a settlement from other part of the map.
    3. The BC 2.x map doesn't use the 199settlements limit, so you may add some more without cutting others

Those templars look great, Templar. Please take your time, I wasn't trying to rush you, just curious. First things first, I fully understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    The thing is that:
    1. We will wait a long time for BC 3.0 map (I guess around a year, but the truth is known only to BC members and I suppose they won't make any declaration)
    2. BC 3.0 map already uses 199 settlements/provinces so if you desire to add the Crac you would have to cut a settlement from other part of the map.
    3. The BC 2.x map doesn't use the 199settlements limit, so you may add some more without cutting others
    Would really be great.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

I don't get why people keep insisting on things like addition of Crac des Chevaliers. Everyone knows that fortress. It's boring and doesn't have much to do with the mod as a whole.

On the other hand, have you ever heard about Shahr-e Gholghola, "city of screams"? It's ruins are in Bamiyan, Afghanistan.

Under the patronage of m_1512

I haven't, but my wife has. She is from Afghanistan. First thing she said was that this area was conquered by Genghis Khan. Looks like a ruin right out of LOTR.

Yeah. Although, if it was in better condition it would also look fabulous. Unfortunately, the Mongols preferred ruins. By the way, it's in the same area where the Taliban destroyed the Buddas of Bamiyan, both build in VI c, in the same time as the citadel.

Damn barbarians. Damn them.

Thank you Wudang for sharing that. That is really a haunting picture with a perfect winter setting. I think that most westerners tend to overlook the east far too often. That is one reason why I love MTW II because it is a lesson in history, this mod in particular because much of it focuses on the east and on cultures that were flourishing at a time when in the west many did not even know what a bath was. You are also correct, the Mongols did enjoy piles of ruins much more so than anything standing.

I also didn't know that this city was also the capital of the Ghorid Empire....

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Thank you Wudang for sharing that. That is really a haunting picture with a perfect winter setting. I think that most westerners tend to overlook the east far too often. That is one reason why I love MTW II because it is a lesson in history, this mod in particular because much of it focuses on the east and on cultures that were flourishing at a time when in the west many did not even know what a bath was.
    Well said.

Almost there, I promise

My latest creation, new mounts for the late-era Templar Knights:

I'm very impressed with your work, Templar. Can't wait to lead them into battle.

+1 rep for you.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; October 20, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Have you made the mounts yourself?

"when in the west many did not even know what a bath was"

That's a gross misconception.

@Wudang, well the new mounts are essentially heavily modified Rusichi Marka horses. I edited the models in milkshape to fit my specific needs, then I created brand new textures for them. Interestingly I set them up in battle-models to have "attachments" much like human units so I can have more flexibility with their textures. Before anybody reports me, YES I will give the Rusichi Team full credit for their intellectual property when I actually release this mod .

Anyways, I was never really planning on introducing new mounts. But then one day I just realized how pathetic and unrealistic looking the horse models in M2TW were. Here is a comparison between one of my new horses and a vanilla horse:

As you can see, something needed to be done desperately, hence why I opted to create new horses. I am doing my best to give you guys a high-quality product, so forgive me for taking so long .

@Aragorn, thanks mate....people like you really keep me going with the positive encouragement.