Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Default Re: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Mounted Templar Knights:

Will now move onto Templar Sergeants.

lodewijk's Avatar Civis

wew good job bro just hope you can release that stuff soon...............just curious to play

Yeah, I am going to release everything I have very soon. It will just be like a teaser/alpha release if you will, not the final version of the mod. Here are some Templar sergeants that I re-did, just added some new shields - got the inspiration for them from KOH, you will also see some new helmet types and belts, and I re-did the texture making them look more photo-realistic. They can also use swords as secondary weapons.

Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; September 16, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Just finishing up some Templar chaplains who will accompany Templar units into battle as cross bearers and standard bearers,...

I am just about done with the Templars,....I can soon move onto working on the other military orders and faction specific units.

Interesting stuff here. I hope you will strenghten the Islamic side too just to keep the balance. +rep

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by 0TheLastTemplar0 View Post
    Just finishing up some Templar chaplains who will accompany Templar units into battle as cross bearers and standard bearers,...

I am just about done with the Templars,....I can soon move onto working on the other military orders and faction specific units.
    I can't wait, Templar. I'm more exited about this than about Rome II. No offense towards Rome II. Just not my cup of tea. Yet.

Thanks for the compliments guys. @Silesian_Noble, balance wise the biggest thing I've done was to eliminate AOR for all factions. Second to that was to add to KOJ one elite unit, those two-handed templars, so KOJ may have a fighting chance against elite Muslim heavy infantry. All other changes are just cosmetic changes, just to add some spice and realism. Ideally I would like to revamp all of BC, I could probably do this and give each faction a face-lift if I can get some folks to help me with the mod, but right now its a one man effort and I am also contributing to another mod. Maybe I can recruit more guys soon.
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; September 20, 2013 at 03:59 AM.

Here are some exciting new concepts that I think will give KOJ a refreshing look. Hopefully I can remaster the said units to resemble these beautiful figures. If and when I churn out my Outremer knights to look like that, they won't have a two-handed axe btw.

Turcoman Cavalry:

Outremer Knights:

Well when some day you would want to improve Kypchaks or Khwarezm or Ghurids (though Ghurids roster is lready pretty strong) or even Abbasids - let me know as I have some good knowledge in this area and could help you with pleasure. Anyway I will watch your progress as this is a pure pleasure to my eyes

Thanks Silesian, I will definitely PM you or something if I need help. As for those chaplains, here they are in game:

I have an exciting new feature to showcase this coming week, stay tuned!!

O, we will, we will...

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Holy crap, @0TheLastTemplar0! this looks great. can't wait to play.

And here it is:

The Templar Grand Master!

That's right, in Jerusalem Rising you can now command a Templar Grand Master on both the strat map and the battlefield. This is a new concept that I am still developing and testing, but it will be present in the first release. The Grand Master will as you will see have his own unique strat map and battle model to differentiate him from other KOJ generals. He also has some unique attributes, he will be typically more pious and have more dread than your average KOJ general. He will also receive a command bonus when fighting against Muslims. When you first start the campaign he will be present in Jerusalem alongside King Baldwin. As I stated earlier, around the time the campaign starts Odo de St. Amand was the Grand Master, so the first Grand Master will be him. If he dies you will receive a notification that a new Grand master was elected, this Grand Master will be spawned in Jerusalem. Historically there were only 23 Grand Masters, but in the BC campaign you will only get a total of 15 because the campaign doesn't start when the first Grand Master existed. When all 15 of your Grand Masters are killed or die of natural causes, the campaign will no longer spawn anymore,....for simplicity's sake I will keep the limit at 15. But I think that is more than enough to last you the entire campaign. This Grand Master concept will most probably be adapted to the other military orders, but to make things easy I will only do it for the Hospitallers and Teutonic Knights. What is exciting here is that I have now figured out how to give generals custom models, soon enough I will design KOJ a king and heir model as well as custom models for the famous KOJ generals at the beginning of the campaign.

But for now feast your eyes on this Templar Grand Master:

It is clear that this is going to be the best Crusades mod there is. Very good, Kensai, I love the way you are handling this. I love the Grand Master idea. This game can use some fresh ideas.

May I suggest to start the campaign with larger armies than normal? I like huge armies and that way it is possible to start expanding the Kingdom in an early stage. And please also make the other factions really, really strong. Will you include the Mongols too?

I can't wait... exactly the (sub)mod i was waiting for... a complete overhaul of crusades campaign, but without AOR, so boring thing...

THX a lot for your work, i'll come to news every... 10 minutes until the release

Thanks for the compliments fellas. @Aragorn, I was actually thinking about large armies the other day. I was playing SS, and they had large armies and the aftermath of battles is just amazing....the carnage,....the sea of bodies on the battlefield, it's all truly epic. So I will take such a feature into consideration, I need to first test how game-play will be affected. If this is implemented it won't be in the first release however, maybe a later release. Speaking of the first release, I have set a date, October 11th. So keep that day marked! I just need to iron out a few things in the coding, fix some models and introduce some new mounts.

Thanks for the compliments fellas. @Aragorn, I was actually thinking about large armies the other day. I was playing SS, and they had large armies and the aftermath of battles is just amazing....the carnage,....the sea of bodies on the battlefield, it's all truly epic. So I will take such a feature into consideration, I need to first test how game-play will be affected. If this is implemented it won't be in the first release however, maybe a later release. Speaking of the first release, I have set a date, October 11th. So keep that day marked! I just need to iron out a few things in the coding, fix some models and introduce some new mounts.
    Wait, 11th October 2013? That would be soooo great Anyway I will also miss the BC AoR which made the game more realistic and harder. Maybe you could consider making two versions of your sub-mod 1- traditional BC recruitment system with AoR 2 - yours recruitment system without AoR.

That's actually doable, the difference is just two different EDB files....I'll see what I can do!

That's actually doable, the difference is just two different EDB files....I'll see what I can do!
    Perfect! You could also repair the recruitment of some units which are in game but from some reason doesn't exist in recruitment. There is a topic about it somewhere in BC major section. For example Nomad Lancers of Kypchak which are lightly armored lancers, so suitable for them. Also if you would like to include some minor adjustments to the campaign map - I could give you a help as I'm experienced mapper. I can' help much as I have some serious duties as haed mapper of TGC, but I could add some provinces, trade resources, improve some rivers (which are terribly inaccurate on vanila BC map) add some new PSFs or make Arabian desert historically crossable etc. Think about it