Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

Default Re: *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2

IT WORKS! You're a god man!

Regarding the guys weapons bug you found, I'll work on a fix and get back to you ASAP. Cheers!
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; June 02, 2013 at 08:13 PM.

DennisRoos's Avatar Tiro

This looks very promising. I can't wait. Have a +rep!

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

You certainly have my attention, guys.

If you have planned something about ancillaries or character traits, I will be happy to help you

Would it be possible to have KOJ Archers from the start, or at least early in the campaign? And I welcome the idea of more heavy infantry and the Third Crusade campaign. I remember a Crusades campaign for RTW. Very well made and very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; June 07, 2013 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys.

@Byzantineboy, yes! I will let you know for sure. I want to introduce unique generals on the stratmap, would you know how to do that?

@Aragorn, I will look into the archers. You are referring to Jerusalem longbows, correct?

Also, for anybody who is good with history......I came upon this image from KOH:

Those shields the Templar sergeants are carrying, are they historically accurate...? If they are, I would like to give order sergeants those kinds of shields!

Quote Originally Posted by 0TheLastTemplar0 View Post
    Thanks for all of the kind words guys.

@Byzantineboy, yes! I will let you know for sure. I want to introduce unique generals on the stratmap, would you know how to do that?

@Aragorn, I will look into the archers. You are referring to Jerusalem longbows, correct?

Also, for anybody who is good with history......I came upon this image from KOH:

Those shields the Templar sergeants are carrying, are they historically accurate...? If they are, I would like to give order sergeants those kinds of shields!
    Templar, yes, Jerusalem Longbows. Very useful at keeping enemy archers, especially cavalry, at bay. Not sure about those shields, perhaps the stripes should be a bit broader. They sure look good.

I also have another request. Please keep the armies as large as possible, and make them big from the start.

And please keep us informed, guys, I really hope this mod will get finished.

I will try to Aragorn, but no promises.

Lately I've been fine-tuning my textures, making them more realistic. As far as the Templars are concerned, their spotless white garments have to go. Considering that they live and fight in arid-desert type environments, I am pretty sure their white garments have a lot of dirt and stains from blood on them....I mean they didn't exactly have bleach nor did they wash their clothes often. Here is preview of what I've cooked up:

The biggest difference between this new type of skin and BC's skins is that I've made the clothing more photo-realistic by adding fabric texture to them and I have done the normal maps according to how the Rusichi team did their's.
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; June 17, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

I like them a lot better like this, Templar. Good job.

Any progress, Templar? No pressure, just curious.

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Yea this look like a pretty cool mini mod, can't wait to check it out when it does.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Been busy as of late, but resumed work just the other day. I am currently trying to get unique religious military order generals available for KOJ, both on the strat map and in battles. Here is a battle model for a Templar Grand Master I've been working on:

This Grand Master unit specifically is not yet complete, I want to create more grand masters using this one as a base. Probably I will edit the body and introduce more helmets. Notice this one's shield is the coat of arms belonging to Odo St. Armand. That was the Templar GM at the time the BC campaign starts, so I guess you can call this guy Odo. I am going to develop more unique shields like this for the other grand masters I have planned.
    Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; July 30, 2013 at 01:36 AM.

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Oh man nice Templar Grand Master model bro. I added some rep+ to you if you don't mind.

Thanks, I appreciate it brother.

A final look at the Templar Veterans, they have been re-skinned and their models have been altered with new helmets, new bodies and new accessories such as new glove types, spurs, belts and new two-handed swords. With these guys finished, I am going to finish re-skinning other Templar units in a similar manner and then get those grand masters fully implemented.

Last edited by 0TheLastTemplar0; August 10, 2013 at 04:45 AM.

Great! Congrats!

Thanks mate. Are you done with your mod for now...? If you are and have some free time, I could use your help with a little scripting. Let me know if you are interested!

Awesome work you're doing mate! I haven't been able to get anything done modding-wise for a long time now, which sucks. But things are improving, and I'm hoping to maintain at least some small amount of productivity over the course of the next weeks. Cheers to you all =)

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Yeah no problem, take your time...but let me know if you want something to do =).

Moving along, I have some newly textured Dismounted Templar Knights, the mounted version is coming right up!