Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to split a region

Default Re: How to split a region

I'm not sure if your also using GIMP but I think I have made some progress. If you go to the channels tab and duplicate one of the red/blue/green channels and hide everything that is not the duplicated channel, you can see that the parts that are coloured in uanimes map are painted in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by mauiaw View Post
    I'm not sure if your also using GIMP but I think I have made some progress. If you go to the channels tab and duplicate one of the red/blue/green channels and hide everything that is not the duplicated channel, you can see that the parts that are coloured in uanimes map are painted in alpha.
    Oh ok, so he added the everything in the Alpha map?

I tested it and you are correct. The mask file is just the amount of detail that gets rendered in game (just like a normal texture file, that you can mask some amount of detail). Now i just need to know how to add trees and bridges in game. I know there is a ".markers" and .tree_list" file. But i have no idea, how i can use taw's tools to open it. Any idea?

I had a feeling that trees are part of the mountain texture, governed by the blue channel of the detail mask

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

I want to remove Expanded Japan from a mod, and re-pack the .esf and .lua for vanilla provinces. Can Bob do this too?
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySykes View Post
    I want to remove Expanded Japan from a mod, and re-pack the .esf and .lua for vanilla provinces. Can Bob do this too?
    Unless you have the xml files that the startpos was generated from it will be impossible. Even if you do have the files I think it will be a very difficult job. Its probably best to start from the vanilla xml files and use tweak to make the changes you would like to the vanilla campaign map.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Unless you have the xml files that the startpos was generated from it will be impossible. Even if you do have the files I think it will be a very difficult job. Its probably best to start from the vanilla xml files and use tweak to make the changes you would like to the vanilla campaign map.
    Gotcha. That'll have to do, then.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

I had a feeling that trees are part of the mountain texture, governed by the blue channel of the detail mask
    Nope, that's just for the texture on the map.

hello guys after i added my second region on the map and i get a crash after the splash screen when its 10% loaded could this be related to trade routes or vanilla stuff still in there i removed all vanilla regions and put my own on there it could load with 1 region but now i added the second region it no longer can create the starpos help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    hello guys after i added my second region on the map and i get a crash after the splash screen when its 10% loaded could this be related to trade routes or vanilla stuff still in there i removed all vanilla regions and put my own on there it could load with 1 region but now i added the second region it no longer can create the starpos help is appreciated.
    Assuming you left a bunch of trade routes running around to nowhere, when you add a 2nd region it probably tries to use those somehow and their all bugged, that would be my guess...

But I just started trying to mess with this and also am getting a crash on BoB, going to start back over, and I think the problem was trade routes for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    I tested it and you are correct. The mask file is just the amount of detail that gets rendered in game (just like a normal texture file, that you can mask some amount of detail). Now i just need to know how to add trees and bridges in game. I know there is a ".markers" and .tree_list" file. But i have no idea, how i can use taw's tools to open it. Any idea?
    I think i figured out the tree's its under ground types layer.

Ive got a question though:

in this tutorial it says to use the R/G/B from "regions" table in tweak for your material Diffuse.
    Looking at a vanilla material, for example
    "jap_awaji" it has a diffuse of " 216/228/196" and the hue/sat/value of "58,36,228"
    in tweak under regions -Jap_awaji has a R/G/B of "51/255/255"
    --- tried editing the value in my modpack, and the result was ingame the region had no faction color to it when occupied...? bizzare, you think this would result in a bigger bugg if the RGB linked it to the proper spot to place the faction on the map.

Can someone explain to me how this makes sense?
    Last edited by Havie; July 29, 2017 at 01:18 PM.

Hello Harvie i think i was wrong about the trade routes it. the trade routes work fine but it procceses all the way till the the second half of the second loading screen so i believe its not related to the regions itself rather encylopepedia or victory conditions.

Idk man.....
    I cant get this to work at all,
    Ive simplified what I was doing to be as basic as possible to test.

Currently I've edited the regions layer, I simply made Echizen cut into Omi a little bit more.
    I export that layer as Region.CS2, and replace in RawData folder.
    I start BoB and select rawdata/campaignmaps/jap_shogun then All.

Bob Starts to process region map (sho_jap) but then fails because it says "failed to read or convert"
    (this process works when using the vanilla regions.cs2 file which is 4.71mb compared to 4.22mb)

It appears to me my 3ds max doesnt export a CS2 file properly..... because there is no other explanation. I think there is something wrong with how it reads layers? hide/freeze/render options.

(I can Export new models rigged to the s2 skeleton and those CS2 files work perfectly fine...)

https://youtu.be/IJicWzr3Tq0

I got this to work ONE time, one time regions.cs2 made it through BoB, then i put the regions.esf into my mod pack, and it actually worked in game....
    Every single other time since It fails to read file during process region maps in BoB........... no fuggin clue man... no clue
    Last edited by Havie; August 01, 2017 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    Idk man.....
    I cant get this to work at all,
    Ive simplified what I was doing to be as basic as possible to test.

Currently I've edited the regions layer, I simply made Echizen cut into Omi a little bit more.
    I export that layer as Region.CS2, and replace in RawData folder.
    I start BoB and select rawdata/campaignmaps/jap_shogun then All.

Bob Starts to process region map (sho_jap) but then fails because it says "failed to read or convert"
    (this process works when using the vanilla regions.cs2 file which is 4.71mb compared to 4.22mb)

It appears to me my 3ds max doesnt export a CS2 file properly..... because there is no other explanation. I think there is something wrong with how it reads layers? hide/freeze/render options.

(I can Export new models rigged to the s2 skeleton and those CS2 files work perfectly fine...)

https://youtu.be/IJicWzr3Tq0

I got this to work ONE time, one time regions.cs2 made it through BoB, then i put the regions.esf into my mod pack, and it actually worked in game....
    Every single other time since It fails to read file during process region maps in BoB........... no fuggin clue man... no clue
    Well Man Did You Make the Map bigger? not 100% Sure But The Last Time i Tried That it Did Not Work Either.

hmm on this test, no i did not englarge the 3ds max map.
    But I figured out what was wrong with regions, I was choosing "Export", not "Export selection"
    Doing this fixed the regions.cs2 file and that works IG.

However doing the same thing for Mountains.CS2 doesnt work, It goes through BoB with no errors at all, but once i start a new campaign, the game crashes... this is confusing.
    (my only guess is the mountains.cs2 is tied into something else somewhere causing the crash)

Also trying to change the map size in tweak under campaign_map_playable_areas results in BoB failing even if im using 100% vanilla files. Quite confusing.
    ( i couldnt imagine this table needing a new start_pos.esf , because there would be no way to make this start_pos without making the tables first, so im 100% at a loss here)

hmm on this test, no i did not englarge the 3ds max map.
    But I figured out what was wrong with regions, I was choosing "Export", not "Export selection"
    Doing this fixed the regions.cs2 file and that works IG.

However doing the same thing for Mountains.CS2 doesnt work, It goes through BoB with no errors at all, but once i start a new campaign, the game crashes... this is confusing.
    (my only guess is the mountains.cs2 is tied into something else somewhere causing the crash)

Also trying to change the map size in tweak under campaign_map_playable_areas results in BoB failing even if im using 100% vanilla files. Quite confusing.
    ( i couldnt imagine this table needing a new start_pos.esf , because there would be no way to make this start_pos without making the tables first, so im 100% at a loss here)
    Changing the size has to be 100% correct or it Does not find the regions btw my problem was the region itself California does not work while the rest is working mhm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Map na sh2 example.png   not working.png   20170805192301_2.jpg  
    Last edited by rohan97; August 05, 2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    Changing the size has to be 100% correct or it Does not find the regions btw my problem was the region itself California does not work while the rest is working mhm
    the region works l but i have to delete those vanilla factions too wich will crash if i asign them to another campaign no mather if i delete them from diplomacy ans victory conditions it says virtual memory call or something

Yeah editing this map on this scale is a freaking mess.
    I keep getting an endless amount of errors in BoB.
    co-linear triangles,
    verts sharing same points
    verts too close to eachother or on edge (mountain/region/groundtypes layers)
    my new favorite is telling me that certain ports arent in a region despite clearly being in the region and like 10% in the sea, I moved one port entirely onto the land now and it doesnt error.. well see how this plays out.

Still feel endlessly away from getting everything 100% working In game.
    My god someone could make a living making custom maps for S2, this frustrating. Id pay to be done with this portion >.<

Yeah editing this map on this scale is a freaking mess.
    I keep getting an endless amount of errors in BoB.
    co-linear triangles,
    verts sharing same points
    verts too close to eachother or on edge (mountain/region/groundtypes layers)
    my new favorite is telling me that certain ports arent in a region despite clearly being in the region and like 10% in the sea, I moved one port entirely onto the land now and it doesnt error.. well see how this plays out.

Still feel endlessly away from getting everything 100% working In game.
    My god someone could make a living making custom maps for S2, this frustrating. Id pay to be done with this portion >.<
    I understand man This is not cool i used to feel the same way Now i can add regions as much as i want but the pathfinding is messing it up totally I found in the theater file that my map is being cut appearently at a certain point so the
    Western part of my map has no pathfinding wtf? no idea why

whats the theater file??

Pathfinding could be messed up because you made something go to the very edge of the map, uanime5 talks about this in his post.

get a load of this horse :

whats the theater file??

Pathfinding could be messed up because you made something go to the very edge of the map, uanime5 talks about this in his post.

get a load of this horse :

I fixed the pathfinding by Adding a sea between washington state and nogo land.
    Now Your current issue is close to mine Move those settlements Anywhere Within the region and check if it changes