Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Islam? Ask a Muslim

Default Re: What is Islam? Ask a Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by Chanyu View Post
    No, eating people is not Islam.
    For you. For him, apparently it is part of Islam, illustrating my point. You can use religion as excuse for anything...

Indefinitely Banned

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-22519770 You can eat human but not pig OK I get it.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    For you. For him, apparently it is part of Islam, illustrating my point. You can use religion as excuse for anything...
    That's a stupid notion, if I go drink a beer right now and claim it's in the name of God does that make it part of Islam?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise HAWK View Post
    Muhammad did not start Islam it was already there before??Is that what you are saying...
    Yes. Read the Holy Quran, then you will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by LWT View Post
    Why do you say "Jesus (peace be upon him)"? Don't you think your prophet's soul will have reached paradise after about 2000 years?
    Jesus (pbuh) has been taken to Paradise already, but he will return soon. And no one knows when the Day will come, except G-d (SWT). I don't think it will take that long (I would give about 100 years), but no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy of the State View Post
    How do you know?
    It's written in Quran and said by Muhammed (pbuh). Because that's what I believe and I have found that as the truth, because before conversion I was able to look at all religions and atheism with open eyes.
    I was originally Christian and I'm from Latvia (We are neighbors ).
    But it's not my problem that you deny it. And can you prove that G-d (SWT) isn't?

It was there before in the sense that Mohammed copied Judaism and Christianity, retaining a few Arab pagan customs and rituals. They have all the same Jewish Rabbinic laws for an example, I mean the Arabs were never Jewish themselves.
    Last edited by Scruff Dog; May 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Uhhh, there were Jewish tribes in Arabia who were definitely Jewish.

Jews were Jewish and Arabs were pagans. I don't think that many Jews became Muslims.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff Dog View Post
    It was there before in the sense that Mohammed copied Judaism and Christianity, retaining a few Arab pagan customs and rituals. They have all the same Jewish Rabbinic laws for an example, I mean the Arabs were never Jewish themselves.
    Muhammed (pbuh) didn't copy a thing nor add any pagan things. Paganism is a very big sin in Islam. Christians have a lot of paganism. For example, all the holidays match pagan holidays, like Christmas.
    Muhammed (pbuh) restored Islam from what it used it be, before the evil doer corrupted Islam before prophet Muhammed (pbuh). The laws are the same because it's the same religion, except Judaism was corrupted. The laws were given by G-d (SWT), they aren't man made, do you expect G-d (SWT) to change His laws, like humans do? Should G-d (SWT) had given another prophet completely different set of laws than the previous ones to be on a straight path? G-d (SWT) knows what's the best for humans, better than we do.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Uhhh, there were Jewish tribes in Arabia who were definitely Jewish.

Great post!

Jews were Jewish and Arabs were pagans. I don't think that many Jews became Muslims.
    "I don't think"? There were a number of Jewish tribes in Arabia, what happened to them?

They had to pay a special tax for the privilege of remaining Jewish as far as I know.

Indefinitely Banned

They moved to the Holy land with Moses and Joshua and lived in the Kingdom of King David till the Romans kicked them out.But now they are back and are the boss.
    If Allah and Muhammad are real why let Jews take over everything??Surely this cant be...

They had to pay a special tax for the privilege of remaining Jewish as far as I know.
    A lot of Jews have converted to Islam throughout history. There are many documented cases, and based on demographics there is no other reasonable explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise HAWK View Post
    They moved to the Holy land with Moses and Joshua and lived in the Kingdom of King David till the Romans kicked them out.But now they are back and are the boss.
    If Allah and Muhammad are real why let Jews take over everything??Surely this cant be...

It's actually said that nearing the end times Israel will be remade and it will do mischief on this world.
    Last edited by L-Burna; May 14, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

It's written in Quran and said by Muhammed (pbuh).
    How do you know what the Qur'an says is true?

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    A lot of Jews have converted to Islam throughout history. There are many documented cases, and based on demographics there is no other reasonable explanation.
    There wasn't a mass conversion of Jews to Islam or Christianity either though Christianity at least began as a Jewish cult it wasn't an attempt to copy something which to me Islam blatantly was.
    Last edited by Scruff Dog; May 14, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

How do you know what the Qur'an says is true?
    Quote Originally Posted by L-Burna View Post
    It's written in Quran and said by Muhammed (pbuh). Because that's what I believe and I have found that as the truth, because before conversion I was able to look at all religions and atheism with open eyes.
    I was originally Christian and I'm from Latvia (We are neighbors ).
    But it's not my problem that you deny it. And can you prove that G-d (SWT) isn't?
    Answer the whole post, not just quote the beginning. I wont fall to that.

There wasn't a mass conversion of Jews to Islam or Christianity either though Christianity at least began as a Jewish cult it wasn't an attempt to copy something which to me Islam blatantly was.
    Read what I replied to you.

Quote Originally Posted by L-Burna View Post
    Muhammed (pbuh) didn't copy a thing nor add any pagan things. Paganism is a very big sin in Islam. Christians have a lot of paganism. For example, all the holidays match pagan holidays, like Christmas.
    Muhammed (pbuh) restored Islam from what it used it be, before the evil doer corrupted Islam before prophet Muhammed (pbuh). The laws are the same because it's the same religion, except Judaism was corrupted. The laws were given by G-d (SWT), they aren't man made, do you expect G-d (SWT) to change His laws, like humans do? Should G-d (SWT) had given another prophet completely different set of laws than the previous ones to be on a straight path? G-d (SWT) knows what's the best for humans, better than we do.

Answer the whole post, not just quote the beginning. I wont fall to that.
    The rest of your post had no point. You said you found it to be the truth without saying why. I'm curious.

Islam is most similar to Ebionite Christianity which was the most common form of Christianity in Arabia. Khadija and Waraka ibn Nawfal were probably Ebionite Christians. Ebionites followed Jewish dietary laws and didn’t believe Jesus was God. Of course you know the reason Muslims will never accept your argument is because they believe that Islam is the original monotheism which was corrupted by the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

The rest of your post had no point. You said you found it to be the truth without saying why. I'm curious.
    Maybe you should read it more carefully then as I explained there why.
    And can you prove that G-d (SWT) isn't?
    Not going to answer this?