Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETW Bourbon Naval

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default ETW Bourbon Naval

The development in ETW naval section has seen different aspects. Here is concentrated upon ship realistic sailing, turning and swinging if so can be called in english.

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTfvY...ature=youtu.be

Storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LHQDDg3E8U

More vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qctp2Q5PM

Continuation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mmJI3Ghlq8

Notes: These versions are result of the desire for a more picturesque sailing, because critic was received that I had affected only the galleons and lighter ships in the mods before, while all were but slightly. So now all ships have received what everybody wanted fully. However it all depends on the wind in game. Differentiating among 5-6 degrees of wind - at the lightest wind nothing can be seen and ships sail straightforward, at moderate breeze is the standard medium in which the mod is tested and the ships swing nicely; at gales and strong breeze should be for people only who appreciate such kind of things

Installation: Works with any other mod, including darth, but has to be loaded atop of all, that is first on top in the list user_empire_script; also on top in Mod Manager.

p.s. Next time the gaming community wants something from me, care to inform me not through Japan and without two years delayal...

Other.I have uploaded also one of the previous versions of the Smoke and Blood mod as it can't be found any more and I think it has qualities. It is less distinct as the new ones in form/of the cloud/, more difffuse, medium in ammount, brighter in colour. A bit like the paintings of Van Gogh

http://uploading.com/b13c9838/DMUC_BSM_fVd-rar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 15-27-20-94.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	298837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 15-28-02-58.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	298839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 14-43-12-44.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	298836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 14-45-44-27.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	298838

Dec 2014. ETW Enhanced Original Cannons Sounds: http://dfiles.eu/files/kwac9fwzt

NEW VERSION dec 19, 2014 :

Production of fleets on campaign main improved.

Download link: http://dfiles.eu/files/iwltn6vai

Compatibility: All - 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 1267, 1.5 1330 except 1.5 1332. Don't know what have they put in the 1332 update, tho it's mostly for warpath campaign, but the game structure has changed and screwed up the mods up to that date. Testers however have reported the same AI persisting even in Attila TW, through NTW, Shogun 2 and RTW 2, so one may be sure he won't miss anything worthy keeping game 1.5 1330. And to make it compatible, one has to manually copy all boxes of the modded files into the new 1332 tables, which is roughly 10% of the game's tables, or maybe 7-8000 boxes. So that is not going to happen. And on top, Warpath doesn't even have a naval part, so no new things there, has to be redone just because some idiot introduced 1 new column in the land stats, or whereever, it is simply idiotic and won't happen.
    p.s. It has been noticed compatibility with 1332 when loaded with EOD. Guess their files are big enough and overwrrite too many things from that patch hence the compatibility.

p.s.s. If not all mod's features appear, you will have to load it both as a movie and as a mod pack. That's in case you have too many mods installed and some contain naval stats. If you have a simpler content in data folder should not be necessary.

NEW VERSION 03.07.2015

The C2 version contains further improved from the C version campaign stats. While the original game settings defend region by region with own forces, it was attempted to shift the attention of the AI to global defence as priority so that if it had money, had to send forces more often to the distant regions, not to rely on their own defence. As well as guard fleets and armies for a few regions rather than a single port recruiting for its vicinity.

Further info in the files readme.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://depositfiles.com/files/43e5wih44

Note. On 1332 the mod manages to launch also with ROTR, but without the AUM ships pack. Yet since the reasons are random, it is possible to exist other combinations too, especially influenced by untested other mods.

Last edited by Dracula; October 25, 2015 at 08:10 AM.

Default Re: Naval Realism Mod

Very interesting. I can't wait to try both. One question, did you figure in those ships that could sail close to the wind thus avoiding serious damage?

Sorry, yes. I am an amateur sailor and I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

edit.
    Last edited by Dracula; June 06, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Updated OP with new videos and schematic instructions how to run the mods with whatever game.

SO, if I've AUM, which one should I download?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

You download aum_naval and choose to run the 2 things in there with either Naval Standard v3 or Dracula Rebel Fleet. If you don't somehow see the new stats rearrange their order in the Mod Manager.

The current AUM version on TWC is version 3.3. So will this mod get into any trouble with the new AUM version since this was meant to work with AUM 3.2​? And I assume the 2 versions of your mods have the storm feature? BTW, how do I get that stormy seas in Custom Battle?
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

The way the mods work in ETW, if there's some collision with a new AUM, it will be overwritten. If there are added ships which I doubt, they would have vanilla stats. /But as far as I know, AUM naval part hasn't seen any changes since its version 1.0/. The stormy sea was launched in custom battles where can be chosen in the menu. Theorethically it should load in the campaign allthough it doesn't happen that often. ETW exchanging weather conditions and skies is a torn in the heel I am afraid. However the colours of water, fog, particle effects & skies are Imperial Splendour's.
    Last edited by Dracula; December 21, 2013 at 04:54 AM.

Ah, goody. Let me try it out. Always wanted to be a swashbuckling Privateer attacking a Spanish Galleon in the middle of a storm. The FPS wouldn't drop that much, would it?

Hmm, I may try this too, a privateer vs galleon in the middle of a chaos broken sea ... not knowing where the winds blew you to in the vast ocean.

Is that sig of ETW with the euro stars on the flag LOL ?

Err...that's the original American flag with 13 stars. To get the storm setting, I suppose I'm supposed to select the 'snow storm' option?

I think there was 2-3 versions of stormy weather,all without snow, differing in the size of the waves. So the original american flag coincides with the mark of the EU ! Interesting.

And besides, it must be "Gale" to get bigger waves Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-21 16-28-41-76.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	298771
    Last edited by Dracula; December 21, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

Just tried it out. It does work. But one problem is it causes problems with AUM. Certain units such as the Marines and the Line Infantry Guards have a drastic increase of men from 160 to 250. A little help would be nice.

The AUM ships are versions of the main ones /using same model/ who have increased crew size etc. That's how for example the french "Ocean" is created, to reflect a more combat worthy historically existing ship with closer to real properties. If one gets such a ship in the campaign /and they are limited to 1 I think/, it has to give a bonus to your fleet. That's the AUM design. Same for war sloops etc. My mod doesn't tackle with their features so much, after all it's a separate mod. What I have done to them is to sail in the same way, to have rocking on the waves as much as their main game counterparts. Otherwise I was annoyed. There is besides the morale of ones of them quite different but I don't remember which any more. If something needing change about that is noted post it here for a new version, if I sit to improve it one day.

Also, AUM has new ships that are similar to the new ones of Dracula Rebel Fleet. Perhaps AUM is better to be loaded with Naval Standard only, as there are avoided confusions. However who wants to be buckling with ships in the Shipyards has to launch Dracula R. B. + AUM. This doesn't mean however the AI priority to produce them changes in any way, and that is a feature that needs further development. And perhaps it has to be created an "automatic garrison" - similar script /m2tw mods have it/ - which would finally satisfy ship ammount on the map of the world, the worst feature of all ETW, NTW and SHO 2 so far.
    Last edited by Dracula; December 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Update. Repaired the swinging of the Flute ship which is finally stable. Versions N S v4 and D R F Gold with it. Also morale and hull strength of AUM ships has been finally relatedly fixed to the other ships (ver 3.3).

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 13-07-19-55.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	298831

The archive Smoke and Blood Mod:

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 03-41-44-07.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	298874 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 03-41-50-97.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	298875 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-22 03-41-52-73.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	298876

Last edited by Dracula; December 22, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Yeah! This time it works with the update!

Last edited by Dracula; December 19, 2014 at 06:55 AM.

Civis

Hi, I will try this together with the Imperial destroyer mod. (I really love that one )
    Will this be a correct startup.script?:

mod "Bourbon_Naval_ETW_Platinum_C.pack";
    mod VDM.pack;
    mod VDM_DP.pack;
    mod VDM_src.pack;
    mod ui_vdm.pack;
    mod Replenishment.pack;
    mod Lord_CP.pack;
    mod Lord_main.pack;
    mod Lord_ui.pack;
    mod Lord_BSM.pack;
    mod Lord_CORE.pack;
    mod Lord_Sounds.pack;
    mod Lord_Music.pack;
    mod Lord_dbunits.pack;
    mod Lord_units_ui.pack;
    mod Lord_Natives.pack;
    mod Lord_units.pack;
    mod RON_dbunits.pack;
    mod RON_dbunits_k.pack;
    mod RON_units.pack;

WIll your mod affect the actual fighting or just the recruitment?

Regards

Trym

Civis

Hm, if I do this my infantery get range reduced from 120 to 70?

OK you can redownload it. Forgot I kept this range for my personal use.

You can also load it lower in the script as long as it stays upper from other naval stats mods. It may also be between all the packs of a composite mod like the ID project.
    Last edited by Dracula; December 19, 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast