Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Problem

Icon5 Steam Problem

I'm using the Steam version of Medieval 2 (version 1.03 or 1.3), and I've been playing DarthMod. However, one day it decided to just switch back to the default launcher whenever I click "Attack DarthMod". I've tried -

1) Re-installing DarthMod
    2) Re-installing Medieval 2
    3) Steam launch options
    4) Trying a different Mod (hundred years war mod opens vanilla M2TW when installed as well)
    5) Using different computer

How do I get it to open the mod, and not vanilla no matter what I press?
    Does it have to do with the recent Steam update/maintenance?

Default Re: Steam Problem

Quote Originally Posted by fred451 View Post
    I'm using the Steam version of Medieval 2 (version 1.03 or 1.3), and I've been playing DarthMod. However, one day it decided to just switch back to the default launcher whenever I click "Attack DarthMod". I've tried -

1) Re-installing DarthMod
    2) Re-installing Medieval 2
    3) Steam launch options
    4) Trying a different Mod (hundred years war mod opens vanilla M2TW when installed as well)
    5) Using different computer

How do I get it to open the mod, and not vanilla no matter what I press?
    Does it have to do with the recent Steam update/maintenance?
    Yea same problem here. Goes to default vanilla game

Hi, you can try this solution, worked for me couple of days ago:

unsub
    Hello. Go to your game isntall forlder, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

1. rename launcher.exe to launcher.exe.old
    2. Copy /paste medieval2.exe and rename it to launcher.exe
    3. From steam library , right click on Medieval ll and choose properties, then "set lauch options". Type this "--io.file_first @DarthMod.cfg" and OK.
    when you start the game it will load dart mod.

Sorry, wrong font color

unsub
    Hello. Go to your game isntall forlder, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

3. From steam library , right click on Medieval ll and choose properties, then "set lauch options". Type this "--io.file_first @DarthMod.cfg" and OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Volander View Post
    Sorry, wrong font color

unsub

Sweet!! thanks alot bro, worked like a charm.

How can I tell if this is working? I have done the above, but I still do not think I am in the mod, is there a costume screen I should be seeing when in game?

UPDATE: Think I got it working.
    Last edited by Colleptic; June 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM.

Worked for me, thank you!

Sorry, wrong font color

unsub

Thank you. This fixed my issue as well.

Thanks Volander works beautifully

Sorry, wrong font color

unsub

sorry but i got lost at 2. What do you mean "Copy/paste medieval2.exe and rename it to launcher.exe?"

Same here, All I get now is missing executable

that doesn't seem to work

unless I did it wrong?

by copy and paste medieval 2.exe, do you mean that we should end up with 2 copies of medieval2.exe

one copy the original, the other renamed as launcher.exe

because I ended up with that and it didn't work

I tried starting the game from steam library, and trying to open the darthmod (the one that gives you a desktop launcher, darthmod launcher I guess?) but that didn't work either, steam couldn't find the game (and I did set launch options)

do you need the expansion pack for medieval or something?

Quote Originally Posted by fdsdh1 View Post
    that doesn't seem to work

unless I did it wrong?

by copy and paste medieval 2.exe, do you mean that we should end up with 2 copies of medieval2.exe

one copy the original, the other renamed as launcher.exe

because I ended up with that and it didn't work

I tried starting the game from steam library, and trying to open the darthmod (the one that gives you a desktop launcher, darthmod launcher I guess?) but that didn't work either, steam couldn't find the game (and I did set launch options)

do you need the expansion pack for medieval or something?
    I had the same problem. I fixed it by just renaming medieval to Launcher without .exe on the end then ran it in steam and it worked.

Sorry, wrong font color

unsub

THANK YOU! BEEN WANTING THIS DARTHMOD TO WORK FOR SO LONG! Im asuming still no kingdoms conversion for it though?

when you start the game it will load dart mod.[/QUOTE]

iv'e tried this but there is no "launcher.exe" in my root directory , only a "Medieval2" , and a "launch_darthmod" batch file, Do i rename the batch to launcher or medieval2? and iv'e tried both now with the steam launch options. which results in the loading screen of darthmod but CTD with an unspecified error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Squab66 View Post
    iv'e tried this but there is no "launcher.exe" in my root directory , only a "Medieval2" , and a "launch_darthmod" batch file, Do i rename the batch to launcher or medieval2? and iv'e tried both now with the steam launch options. which results in the loading screen of darthmod but CTD with an unspecified error message.[/QUOTE]

Bumpity

Quote Originally Posted by 11Hotel View Post
    iv'e tried this but there is no "launcher.exe" in my root directory , only a "Medieval2" , and a "launch_darthmod" batch file, Do i rename the batch to launcher or medieval2? and iv'e tried both now with the steam launch options. which results in the loading screen of darthmod but CTD with an unspecified error message.
    Bumpity[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. There is no "Launcher.exe" in my directory. Did Steam change something? (again...)

The Steam problem is incurable. I bought M2TW Gold and now all the mods work fine. Steam has pretty much taken a dump on your shoe. Shake it off and move on.

Laetus

• BitBaboon

Junior MemberPrivateJoin DateJul 2014Posts24

Originally Posted by LuciusRamone
      I'll ask again. What if the problem is with a mod for the non-kingdoms game? I can't get Darthmod to work.

I've been looking this and its actually an existing incompatibility, the mod notes mention the CTD, so...

to get it working you need to delete the sound pack in the mod :

1) Delete the files in DarthMod\data\sounds
      2) Copy events.dat and events.idx from Medieval II Total War\data\sounds to Darth\data\sounds"

Quote Originally Posted by 11Hotel
    Quote Originally Posted by Squab66 View Post

if this dose not work:
    The new steam version uses the old mod-folder method for mods. There should be a "DarthMod" folder inside your medieval ii total war/mods folder, if so, make a shortcut to the medieval2.exe, rename it "darthmod" right click your new "darthmod" shortcut, select properties, in the target field add
    --features.mod=mods/DarthMod
    so it should now look like
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\medieval ii total war\medieval2.exe" --features.mod=mods/DarthMod
    if your darthmod folder inside the mods folder is not "DarthMod" change it to whatever your folder is called. If your DarthMod folder is not in the mods folder leave the "mods/" out of the target line.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDestris View Post
    Bumpity
    Same thing here. There is no "Launcher.exe" in my directory. Did Steam change something? (again...)
    yes, ofcourse they have, steam likes to do that. They merged the old "Kingdoms.exe" and "Medieval2.exe" into a single "Medieval2.exe" and removed the Launcher.exe completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The Steam problem is incurable. I bought M2TW Gold and now all the mods work fine. Steam has pretty much taken a dump on your shoe. Shake it off and move on.
    Oh, there is a cure, if I have to I will re-download this mod and find it.
    Last edited by CavalryCmdr; March 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast