Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Collectors Edition Price : 130 Euros
    Normal Edition : 60 Euros

I am wondering why a jump of 10 Euros in the usual 49 Euros price for PC games?
    especially in time of crysis ...
    Plus 150 euros for a i5 .... 300 euros for a game ...if i wish to play on is best settings .

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Less than 10% expected a September release. I expected a September release but it was still earlier than my prediction of 19th.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Ugh. Any details of the collector's edition for Canada?

Still nothing on Amazon.de.

"Why oh Lord hath thou forsaken me?"

Maniacal's Avatar Miles

Goodluck, Canada usually gets screwed over for pre-order bonuses or CEs, at least when it comes to retail stores and Amazon.
    There is absolutely no value to realism in the game whatsoever, and that's why aliens and lasers must be added immediately! Since aliens and lasers are fun, and realism is meaningless in a game, ETW must have aliens and lasers. - akd

I know. Have a feeling I may have to order from overseas. US really screws Canada over as they only ship in the US. Never understood the trade agreements these two countries have.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Collectors Edition Price : 130 Euros
    Normal Edition : 60 Euros

I am wondering why a jump of 10 Euros in the usual 49 Euros price for PC games?
    especially in time of crysis ...
    Ahah Prometheus, dont forget all future paid content. But the crysis is not for all people, some can afford. Its just business.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

O____O 30 GB HD spade? I better start freeing stuff up.... < Currently at 29.1 GB left out of 300

Pre-ordering this tonight. I'm so excited!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

So, is the collectors edition exclusive to Australia like all the others have been?

I am going so mad that I would buy the standard and the CE as I like both the box arts.

What’s more, if you don’t want to pre-order, you can still pick up the Greek States Culture Pack when it goes on sale on day one.

Wow!You're actually forcing people to pre-order to get the pack while you punish those who don't pre-order by charging them something that should already be in the game and has been cut while those who pre-order get it for free!!!

We hear and read cool stuff about the game but we see different things so far.The two gameplays we've seen are actually quite dissapointing.You can't expect sensible people to pre-order before we see some good gameplay,see the campaign in action and hear about modding.

So how about "forcing" us to pre-order with showing us some jaw-dropping in-game footage instead of using such cheap pre-order tricks???

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post

Wow!You're actually forcing people to pre-order to get the pack while you punish those who don't pre-order by charging them something that should already be in the game and has been cut while those who pre-order get it for free!!!

We hear and read cool stuff about the game but we see different things so far.The two gameplays we've seen are actually quite dissapointing.You can't expect sensible people to pre-order before we see some good gameplay,see the campaign in action and hear about modding.

So how about "forcing" us to pre-order with showing us some jaw-dropping in-game footage instead of using such cheap pre-order tricks???

I think it's different. I believe that the price is different because if you pre-order the game you pay for the pack included. if you do not you get the game at a lower price but without the pack included. So if you buy it later, the sum of the game and the pack will be same as the pre-order. I don't nothing wrong with it.
    Complaints are just absurd.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Agreed, i stopped pre ordering TW games on the strength of their name a long time ago, i need to see something that MAKES me want to pre order.

2 pre-alpha battle videos and a few screenies just doesnt come close to the info i would like to know before i part with my cash again.

Also, this is the major news dump that was mentioned? A release date (which we knew it would get anyway), a collectors edition (which was highly likely to be made anyway) and a Pre-Order DLC announcement (that we all knew was coming) doesnt really count as info, not imo. Show us some UNSCRIPTED AI, show us the campaign map, talk about new features, about making use of multi core then mentione pre orders, this way of doing things leaves a bad taste.

Not wanting to finish on a negative (1st time for everything i suppose ) i will applaud the decision to not split the Culture pack up between retailers, this was something CA got some serious backlash for with FotS so its good to know they do listen and plan accordingly.

Indefinitely Banned

Wow great news, Glad they said sooner then later, just cancelled my pre order for Rome 2, will buy Collectors Edition as soon as i can pre-order it somewhere? Surely 22,000 can't be enough..... will be interesting to see how quick these get snapped up, there quite a bit in this collector pack compared to previous collecter packs, in terms of "meat"

eekkk just seen the price for the collectors edition, thats a bit steeper then i expected im afraid,
    Last edited by AgentGB; May 09, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

About the pack itself it's great to have three more playable factions but...
    (unfortunately there's always a but recently...)

Only four factions controlling the whole of mainland Greece(Makedonia,Epeiros,Athens and Sparta)?
    Where are the promised many independent city-states?
    Where are the leagues?
    Athens controlling the whole of Attica?
    Sparta controlling the whole of Peloponnese?
    Athenian's faction colour is blue?
    How are the hoplites supposed to form a shield wall of interlocking shields with such tiny shields?
    The Spartans shown with the equipment of Perioikoi wearing brown clothes,spolas and sandals,carrying brown shields with white "Λ" and having black with white crests?

In regards to Greece being 'only' four factions, that's something I can't really criticize too much. If they split Greece into 200 tiny provinces, then it would be harder to take over than Asia.

I want the physical copy. Do I get this for preordering it too?

CA you sicken me with your Greek Cities DLC ,it should be in the 1.0 version of everyone. How on earth can you take away the Greeks from people who dont preorder? If it had been some obscure tribe in persia or scandinavia, fine. But a major player... You guys really sicken me ,with all your moneygrubbing. I hope you will at least get the AI better, since S2 NTW and ETW AI sucked. Even though you promised to make a better AI ,you kept lying . Take an example of Paradox ffs.
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

Cresilia's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by BURNY26 View Post
    CA you sicken me with your Greek Cities DLC ,it should be in the 1.0 version of everyone. How on earth can you take away the Greeks from people who dont preorder? If it had been some obscure tribe in persia or scandinavia, fine. But a major player... You guys really sicken me ,with all your moneygrubbing. I hope you will at least get the AI better, since S2 NTW and ETW AI sucked. Even though you promised to make a better AI ,you kept lying . Take an example of Paradox ffs.
    The same Paradox which has released rafts of DLC for CK2 which should, by your logic, have been in 1.0 right?

Don't get me wrong, I love Paradox more than any game company, but they like CA are just a company. They try to make a buck.

And don't for a minute think that your selfish rant will get you what you want. No one cares, and they don't like the spectacle. CA doesn't owe you anything.

I am really considering buying the collector's edition HOWEVER when taking in consideration its steep price (nearly 140 euros) i am worried that its not really worth it. The reason is that with the additional costs for future dlc's (and perhaps expansions) that price could even reach the amount of 200 euros (just a speculation), which is a ridiculous amount of money for any game, no matter how good it is.

Hence i was wondering if you are considering including something like a season pass for those who chose to buy the collectors. That could perhaps make the collectors editions a more profitable choice.

And on another note, is the soundtrack included in the collectors?