Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    It’s the news you’ve been waiting for – we’re excited to say that Total War: ROME II is now officially available for pre-order. You can reserve your copy today by clicking here.

We’ve also announced the game’s release date – September 3rd, 2013. Closer than you thought?

Pre-order bonus

We’re doing things a little bit differently to how we’ve handled pre-orders in the past. As an added bonus, those who pre-order from any participating retailer will get access to the Greek States Culture Pack for free – one content pack, not split across different retailers. Simply pre-order and they’re yours. For more information on this pack, check out the official Total War Wiki faction list.

What’s more, if you don’t want to pre-order, you can still pick up the Greek States Culture Pack when it goes on sale on day one.

Don’t forget that we also recently announced a 9th faction for free as part of the day one content update – Pontus. Everyone, whether they buy boxed or digitally, and whether they pre-order not - will get Pontus for free on day one. That’s thanks to the extra time we get to work on content delivered through Steam.

Collector’s Edition

There’s more. The super-limited Collector’s Edition has been announced. It’ll be produced in a single, extremely limited run; only 22,000 manufactured worldwide and it contains some really cool stuff.

The CE contains a wealth of custom, Roman-themed games and items, bound in a leather-effect presentation box, complete with gold logo and magnetic closure; including:

Numbered copy of Total War™: ROME II

The most ambitious and expansive game in the Total War™ series to date, ROME II brings the statecraft, politics, intrigue, diplomacy and epic battles of the ancient world to life in thrilling detail. This version comes in a debossed Steelbook™ case, laser-etched with your unique collector’s number in Roman numerals.

Tabula set

The Roman forerunner to Backgammon, this Tabula set comprises 30 bone-effect game pieces supplied in their own burlap drawstring bag; the board itself is built into the base of the Collector’s Edition box.

Tesserae Dice
    Three replica bone-effect dice for use in a variety of games. The design is based on original Roman Tesserae, found at the archaeological site of Herculaneum.

Total War Cards™: PUNIC WARS
    Designed from the ground up to echo elements from ROME II, Total War Cards is a game of skill and luck for two players. Involving combat, territorial control, resource management and technological development, PUNIC WARS consists of 58 high-quality playing cards and a game-board printed with the PUNIC WARS tech-tree.

Canvas Campaign Map
    A reminder of the world you must conquer, this ribbon-tied canvas map depicts each of the 57 provinces of the ROME II campaign.

Roman Onager
    A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult. This easy-to-assemble kit is constructed from weathered wood and steel, measures 26cm x 12cm x 12cm, and is capable of unleashing mall projectiles at a variety of inanimate objects which may have affronted the glory of your empire.

A remarkable way to mark over 10 years of Total War games and Creative Assembly’s 25th Anniversary, the Total War™: ROME II Collector’s Edition is only available through selected retailers.
    Check out more info on the Rome II Collector's Edition here.

And you can follow this link to pre-order from a list of participating stockists.
    Craig thx for this fantastic news. Only 3 months to go. Listen I'd like to know if the selected retailers are fixed or you are including more for this CE Edition?

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

This looks really good, I'm impressed. Now which version do I preorder...

It is a bit concerning that there is day one dlc though.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    Craig thx for this fantastic news. Only 3 months to go. Listen I'd like to know if the selected retailers are fixed or you are including more for this CE Edition?
    Dont want to ruin your dreams, but its more like 4 months =)

Primicerius

****. You can't currently pre-order a hard copy of the game in Canada.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Hmm also; regarding Pre-Ordering.

I'll be moving to Lund in mid August (Sweden); how would I pre-order the game (English version) and have it delivered to the correct address..?

Do spelbutiken.se sell the game in English?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Good question. I think they dont know today, how many DLC they will do exactly. My fear is that if the game is bought at the cost of launch is that in the coming months we are left with lots of paid DLC, blowing the final price. In these times of crisis, every euro counts. If we look at the example of BF3, it was launched at € 59.95 each DLC was costing about € 14.99, there was 5. 5x14.99 = + € 74.95 = € 134.9 the full game ! It hurts ... I got it on sale for 19.99 but I had to wait one year to play ... 1 year to save more than 50% of the price. I think those who have paid money for it all ... And I can not dont think about a similar situation to Rome II. On the one hand there is the desire to play, and the other, the wait to pay less.

The question is : if one player have the limited edition and buy all futur DLC, and a second player have just the standard edition without any DLC (he cant paid or dont want...) ; can theses two players play in the same Multi campaign online ?
    I dont doubt that I payed that full price 134 pounds. I should of bought the Premium pack when it came out. Might of saved some money. But BF3 DLCs were worth it. I am quite sure the DLCs were developed after the game was released.

It is different with Rome 2 when the factions exist in some form on the campaign map. So when the game comes out and you see the Seleucids and whoever else on the map and you cant play them it sucks but then they release a key for them for 5 pounds or more and it hurts more because all it feels like is the faction is being unlocked for some more money.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Really??? Suddenly this is a viable option lol . Where did you pre-order the collectors edition from?
    Yep It's pretty standard with pre-orders.

I pre-ordered from GAME, but it depends where you are. GAME is the only UK retailer offering the CE; I'd have preferred to order from Amazon but oh well.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post

I'll be moving to Lund in mid August (Sweden); how would I pre-order the game (English version) and have it delivered to the correct address..?

I live in Sweden as well... you could prob pre-order when you get your new postadress or move in, in mid august. Otherwise check to see if you can pre-order at a Gamestop or GAME store where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I dont doubt that I payed that full price 134 pounds. I should of bought the Premium pack when it came out. Might of saved some money. But BF3 DLCs were worth it. I am quite sure the DLCs were developed after the game was released.

It is different with Rome 2 when the factions exist in some form on the campaign map. So when the game comes out and you see the Seleucids and whoever else on the map and you cant play them it sucks but then they release a key for them for 5 pounds or more and it hurts more because all it feels like is the faction is being unlocked for some more money.
    I think if you have a look at the steam store page, you'll get a better understanding of what the Greek States is comprised of: http://store.steampowered.com/app/212301/

It really isn’t as simple as you say, with Rome II the amount of content per faction is massive in comparison to older Total War games, so please don’t assume you understand what the Greek States DLC has based on previous titles.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

THE POWER OF DOUBLE POST!
    Last edited by Will CA; May 09, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    I think if you have a look at the steam store page, you'll get a better understanding of what the Greek States is comprised of: http://store.steampowered.com/app/212301/

It really isn’t as simple as you say, with Rome II the amount of content per faction is massive in comparison to older Total War games, so please don’t assume you understand what the Greek States DLC has based on previous titles.
    Will, any news of Dutch vendors selling the special edition?? Or is that to much to ask
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

DP!
    Last edited by Jopel; May 09, 2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: DP
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    I actually expected something about the Campaign map and campaign gameplay :/
    Look at the collector's edition photo. There you can see the full extent of the campaign map , thoug not the whole detail of it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post

Afaik there isn't even a swedish version of any TW, so yeah it's probably going to be in english.

I wonder if the map coming with the CE is the actual map of the game or only the Imperial domains. Because if it's the first option, the map is not so bigger than it was in the first game.

Kudos to SEGA/CA for not going with retailer-exclusive DLC.

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Extremely groovy news. CA have just made my year.

Just a question .o...

Are other versions coming out ???

Like limited edition , collector edition , blablabla edition etc?

So is just Either

Collectors or

Normal ?

and what's included in Normal edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Kudos to SEGA/CA for not going with retailer-exclusive DLC.

Yes ... thankyou for not making separate retailer stuff ...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

The link for where to buy the CE isn't working for me. Where are people in the US getting theirs from?

How it works if I buy a download version on gamestop? Will be included on steam?

Also, how much the greek pack will cost on steam later?

I will definitely pre-order, but I always bought my games on steam...