Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Collectors Edition Purchased! / Pre-Ordered! BRING ON the 3rd SEPTEMBER!!!!!!
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Damn, that's one expensive CE. Honestly don't know if i'll get it now.

If u concentrate on the Map under the onager u can see how far the campaign map stretches:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 944x531.jpg  
    In Soviet Russia, Party always finds u!

Very good news, omg September is so soon! Cant wait, thought for sure it was an October release.
    12 factions if you preorder, seems like a good deal.

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Hi.

Thanks for the info. It is indeed closer than expected.

Could you explained this part please ? Will Pontus be free if I buy the game say 2 month after the release date (so the 3rd November) ?
    That's correct, we'll be supporting Rome II with free content alongside where we can.

Wow, september 3? That really is earlier then i expected.

Looking fowarding doing a coop campaign with my friend. Him as Sparta and me as Athens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitjaw View Post
    Very good news, omg September is so soon! Cant wait, thought for sure it was an October release.
    12 factions if you preorder, seems like a good deal.
    Was expecting October myself, but now that we know it's September, the months will still go really slow Especially for me now. I NEED DIS NAU!

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

less then 4 months hmm

Adreno's Avatar Senator

why are digital pre-orders more expensive than physical ones? its 55 on steam but im willing to bet its less than 50 from other physical stores.. i really dont get it

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

@Craig:

Can you tell me if when I pre-order from Amazon.co.uk will I be charged now or on the actual release date? Sept. 3rd?

Or if anyone here knows they can answer as well.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    Anyway, great news, ill pre-order the game from Steam, 55 Euros is very expensive for me though! I hope the game lives up to its reputation.
    This is why they offer "extras" -- to get people to pay full price for the game before they have a chance to see if it's any good or not.

@Mathias -- they take your money right away.

what about Athens Sparta and Epirus...? will be available in the original version or we need to pre order?

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    I am surprised no one said anything about the Paid Day 1 DLC(or cut content, or whatever you want to call it) for those who dont pre-order, i personally dont have a problem with this, others might though.

Anyway, great news, ill pre-order the game from Steam, 55 Euros is very expensive for me though! I hope the game lives up to its reputation.
    what's the point not pre-ordering ? Pre-order is cheaper than late buying. You can save 10 bux right here : http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/fr/e...l-war-rome-ii/

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    That's correct, we'll be supporting Rome II with free content alongside where we can.
    I see. This is a great news. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus of Rhodes View Post
    what about Athens Sparta and Epirus...? will be available in the original version or we need to pre order?
    I think the Greek culture pack will be part of pre-order versions and will probably be released latter as a paid DLC.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; May 09, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks CA , I'm happy with the date September 3rd although I was hoping for a sooner date in order to play Rome II in my summer holiday .

I hope you reveal campaign map and more detail about factions and their unit rosters .

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

• New Units:
      • In addition to the intimidating unit rosters of each faction now playable for the first time, the Greek States Culture Pack introduces a variety of unique and especially elite and deadly forces.
      • Mercenary Veteran Hoplites – [available to all playable factions]
        From glistening spear points to earth-shaking tread, a phalanx is a sight and sound to inspire dread. With these veteran hoplites, that dread is sold to the highest bidder.
      • Thureos Hoplites – [Unique to Athens]
        While the linen breastplates worn by these men may look flimsy, they are cool, practical and surprisingly tough. As with all hoplites, the men inside are also practical and tough warriors.
      • Thorax Hoplites – [Unique to Athens]
        These heavy hoplites are marked by their bronze breastplate armour, a sign of wealth and status. They are armed with spears and hoplon shields, and use the phalanx formation to batter enemies into submission.
      • Agrianian Axemen – [Unique to Epirus and Macedon]
        The Paeonian tribe of Agrianes are fierce fighters. As well as terrible killing tools, their axes are also climbing hooks for rough terrain. No sensible general would not use them in an assault.
      • Aspis Companion Cavalry – [Unique to Epirus and Macedon]
        A king’s companions in battle are his nobles and esteemed friends. It is an honour to be a companion, to ride forth with javelin and kopis to fight for your lord and master.
      • Heroes of Sparta – [Unique to Sparta]
        Embodying the spirit of Thermopylae, the Heroes Of Sparta bear their spears and shields with fierce pride and unrivalled mastery.
      • Polybolos Repeating Scorpion – [Siege Deployable available to all Greek, Roman and Carthaginian factions]
        Able to make short work of even the most heavily-armoured opponents, this repeating bolt thrower sacrifices the ordinary Scorpion’s range in return for a rapid rate of fire.
      • Tortoise Armoured Battering Ram – [Siege Deployable available to all Greek, Roman and Carthaginian factions]
        Combining devastating ramming power while affording protection to its crew, used well the Tortoise more than makes up for its lack of speed and manoeuvrability in open ground.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212301/
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Primicerius

Craig, if I pre-order TWR2 on Amazon.com right now does that mean I get the pre-order DLC or is that only applicable to digital copies?

CA team, have you already an idea of how many DLC you will do for Rome 2?

I wanted to say also that's it's great to see that CA heard us with the possibility of buying the factions if you have not pre-ordered and besides all, the fact that wherever you will buy it, you will have the same units as the others!

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    what's the point not pre-ordering ?
    You're kidding, right?

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheartx10 View Post
    Collectors Edition Purchased! / Pre-Ordered! BRING ON the 3rd SEPTEMBER!!!!!!
    I've bagged one too. I'm crossed fingers I get number 007, 666 or something like this. Or it arriving a few days early accidentally...that works too!

Thinking of that. I assume if we get a physical copy delivered early, it won't make any difference because GabeN will have engaged his cheeky Steam lock until the copy can be authorised at the exact release time? Any chance of you guys just forgetting to do that? I'll share my top Football Manager tip for success!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.