Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    That's correct, we'll be supporting Rome II with free content alongside where we can.
    Glad to hear that! Just pre-ordered the game! CA is a company worth supporting.

Now, I have just two concerns:

1) 2-player co-op?! CA, seriously? Please, some of us have more than one best friend. I have two younger brothers I'd love to play with. I was ready to buy 2 more copies of Rome 2 for them as well... but now, it's pointless, we can't have the co-op campaign I've been dreaming about since Empire Total War. I'm afraid then Total War games will remain only something I enjoy and can't "sell" to my brothers to join in the fun.

TW games will remain single-player for me as long as CA sticks to the 2-player co-op only multiplayer (instead of 4-player co-op or even perhaps 8-player co-op like most successful games like Borderlands 1&2). WHEN and IF CA finally acknowledges the existence of more than one player buddy, then they will get 3 copies from me every good release product. I'm MOST dissatisfied with this news

2) Please oh please Free-LC or even paid DLC, I don't care... include steppe tribes like Scythians or Sarmatians or Huns. PLEEEEEASE, I beeggg of you!!!
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; May 09, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: Official news on the release date, pre-order details and the Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Cresilia View Post
    The same Paradox which has released rafts of DLC for CK2 which should, by your logic, have been in 1.0 right?

Don't get me wrong, I love Paradox more than any game company, but they like CA are just a company. They try to make a buck.

And don't for a minute think that your selfish rant will get you what you want. No one cares, and they don't like the spectacle. CA doesn't owe you anything.
    First of all ,ck2 was very good out of the box and it did what it said it would. It was a game about catholic kings trying to establish a dynasty. It worked and you knew what you were getting ,the dlcs released later were all optional and were made because it was a succes and people wanted more stuff. The cosmetic dlcs are not needed to enhance the experience ,so yet again these were all optional and werent needed in fact. For R2 ,having a a blank spot on the map like now ,since you wont be able to play with the greeks if you dont pre order is just silly. Its leaving out a major player. Like trying to make a WW2 games with japan or GB out.

Secondly ,this is NOT about me. I have been around here longer than you and I have played all twgames up to date. And I remember all the promises they made and messes they've left.
    They left a lot of angry customers who bought their products. If anything they should listen more and stop making empty promises ,people who are new to these series need to be aware of CA's history of screwing people over.
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I can't believe that CA hires historians and always comes up with stupid mistakes, even in geography.

"Situated on the Adriatic Sea, Epirus is a Greek kingdom formed of numerous small villages and towns, rather than the great cities of the south."

"With an economy focused on a diverse and scattered agricultural base, most of Epirus' trade is conducted via its fishing ports on the Adriatic Sea."

WTF? Epirus is situated on the Ionian Sea, not Adriatic. The historian probably has not discovered Google yet. He is reading his 18th century old books.

Quote Originally Posted by BURNY26 View Post
    CA you sicken me with your Greek Cities DLC ,it should be in the 1.0 version of everyone. How on earth can you take away the Greeks from people who dont preorder? If it had been some obscure tribe in persia or scandinavia, fine. But a major player... You guys really sicken me ,with all your moneygrubbing. I hope you will at least get the AI better, since S2 NTW and ETW AI sucked. Even though you promised to make a better AI ,you kept lying . Take an example of Paradox ffs.
    As has been said on this thread before, this is not content we’ve cut out of the game, it’s been worked on entirely separately and is designed to add new challenges to ROME II. Sparta, for example, is not the Sparta portrayed in popular culture at the height of their power – they’re diminished at this point, and represent a hardcore faction to play, presenting a new challenge for players who like to play Total War with the odds stacked against them.

We’re also giving away Pontus free for everyone and you’ll be able to get the Greek States DLC free if you pre-order. You don’t have pre-order, the content will be there in the future should it and Total War: ROME II won’t be any less of a game without it.
    Last edited by Will CA; May 09, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Oh nice, Nikron, you spotted that too about the Adriatic Sea misplacement lol. Well at least, it's not like they messed it up with the Aegean on the other side lol... CA was close-ish

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

First of all ,ck2 was very good out of the box and it did what it said it would. It was a game about catholic kings trying to establish a dynasty. It worked and you knew what you were getting ,the dlcs released later were all optional and were made because it was a succes and people wanted more stuff. The cosmetic dlcs are not needed to enhance the experience ,so yet again these were all optional and werent needed in fact. For R2 ,having a a blank spot on the map like now ,since you wont be able to play with the greeks if you dont pre order is just silly. Its leaving out a major player. Like trying to make a WW2 games with japan or GB out.

Secondly ,this is NOT about me. I have been around here longer than you and I have played all twgames up to date. And I remember all the promises they made and messes they've left.
    They left a lot of angry customers who bought their products. If anything they should listen more and stop making empty promises ,people who are new to these series need to be aware of CA's history of screwing people over.
    Grow up man, this is not constructing....
    Oh and yes, I maybe are not as active as you here, but I was member here long before you started here (incase you bring that up) lol
    Last edited by Jopel; May 09, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Primicerius

CA you sicken me with your Greek Cities DLC ,it should be in the 1.0 version of everyone. How on earth can you take away the Greeks from people who dont preorder? If it had been some obscure tribe in persia or scandinavia, fine. But a major player... You guys really sicken me ,with all your moneygrubbing. I hope you will at least get the AI better, since S2 NTW and ETW AI sucked. Even though you promised to make a better AI ,you kept lying . Take an example of Paradox ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post

Wow!You're actually forcing people to pre-order to get the pack while you punish those who don't pre-order by charging them something that should already be in the game and has been cut while those who pre-order get it for free!!!

We hear and read cool stuff about the game but we see different things so far.The two gameplays we've seen are actually quite dissapointing.You can't expect sensible people to pre-order before we see some good gameplay,see the campaign in action and hear about modding.

So how about "forcing" us to pre-order with showing us some jaw-dropping in-game footage instead of using such cheap pre-order tricks???

Well, considering that DLC for TWR2 was developed on it's own time on a separate budget that's separate from that of the main game I'd have to say that CA/SEGA aren't inclined to give it away.

I do applaud your caution when it comes to preordering but insulting CA will get you nowhere.

About the AI. The BAI has grown a lot over the past 5 years. Playing TWS2 on Legendary actually feels like a challenge (until you outthink the AI). Diplomacy has come quite a ways in recent games as well. The AI is no longer as back-stabbing as they used to be. I still think that the diplomacy and CAI need the most work. I do think that CA could learn a thing or two from Paradox. However, let us not compare Paradox titles to TW too much. Paradox titles do not have large scale, 3D, real-time battles. Paradox's battle AI is based on a heavy RPS system that is often balanced out by a general's command ability. It's hard to compare this with TW's battles.
    What promises, exactly? I keep hearing this over and over. Half of these "promises" weren't even promises but statements made pre-alpha. As CA has repeatedly stated pre-alpha subject matter is subject to change. Please don't confuse a load of angry forumites with a large customer base because this is simply not true.
    Last edited by Dan113112; May 09, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Will there be a limited Edition ?

That collector's edition is awesome but... I can't spend $155 on it. Not sure the value is there. But with such a limited run, I guess you guys could charge whatever you wanted, and I'm certain they will all sell regardless.

DLC and everything else looks great though. Bring on September 3rd!

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Oh nice, Nikron, you spotted that too about the Adriatic Sea misplacement lol. Well at least, it's not like they messed it up with the Aegean on the other side lol... CA was close-ish
    And its not the only thing. They placed Apollonia more South, locating it in the Ancient city of Orikum.

They did the same with Epidamnos, placing it exactly where Scodra is, which is much more on the North.

Apparently they didn't change the positioning since Rome I.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    I can't believe that CA hires historians and always comes up with stupid mistakes, even in geography.

"Situated on the Adriatic Sea, Epirus is a Greek kingdom formed of numerous small villages and towns, rather than the great cities of the south."

"With an economy focused on a diverse and scattered agricultural base, most of Epirus' trade is conducted via its fishing ports on the Adriatic Sea."

WTF? Epirus is situated on the Ionian Sea, not Adriatic. The historian probably has not discovered Google yet. He is reading his 18th century old books.
    Epirus is a region of north-western Greece with the Ionian and the Adriatic sea being its natural borders to Italy. Epirus is therefore the bridgehead of Greece facing the Italian peninsula and the western world.

They did not get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    As has been said on this thread before, this is not content we’ve cut out of the game, it’s been worked on entirely separately and is designed to add new challenges to ROME II. Sparta, for example, is not the Sparta portrayed in popular culture at the height of their power – they’re diminished at this point, and represent a hardcore faction to play, presenting a new challenge for players who like to play Total War with the odds stacked against them.

We’re also giving away Pontus free for everyone and you’ll be able to get the Greek States DLC free if you pre-order. You don’t have pre-order, the content will be there in the future should it and Total War: ROME II won’t be any less of a game without it.
    It is true that it had lost its peak at the time the romans were starting to expand ,but still they are still significant enough to include for everyone. So anyone who doesnt preorder wont get any challenging faction?
    And looking back at RTW ,it had 11 factions from 1.0 for everyone to enjoy and there was more than enough mod support to help expand that number. Now there are 8 factions and one free if you pre order? That seems to be a step back ,even though you still charge full price like its a complete game. And I am pretty sceptic when it comes to mod support ,you have reached out a hand a year back or so with S2TW. Im curious of what will happen with R2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopel View Post
    Oh and yes, I maybe are not as active as you here, but I was member here long before you started here (incase you bring that up) lol
    I didnt mean it in a way like 'im older than you ,shut up' . I meant it ,as in that ive seen these forums lighten up (over the years that ive been here) of angry people on releases after the initial WOW-effect had passed. Frustration which I could understand completly. ETW was beyond words... And S2 ... one siege map for everywhere ,and still the AI just flunked by doing nothing at all even though they were suposed to be the agressor...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    Well, considering that DLC for TWR2 was developed on it's own time on a separate budget that's separate from that of the main game I'd have to say that CA/SEGA aren't inclined to give it away.

I do applaud your caution when it comes to preordering but insulting CA will get you nowhere.

About the AI. The BAI has grown a lot over the past 5 years. Playing TWS2 on Legendary actually feels like a challenge (until you outthink the AI). Diplomacy has come quite a ways in recent games as well. The AI is no longer as back-stabbing as they used to be. I still think that the diplomacy and CAI need the most work. I do think that CA could learn a thing or two from Paradox. However, let us not compare Paradox titles to TW too much. Paradox titles do not have large scale, 3D, real-time battles. Paradox's battle AI is based on a heavy RPS system that is often balanced out by a general's command ability. It's hard to compare this with TW's battles.

What promises, exactly? I keep hearing this over and over. Half of these "promises" weren't even promises but statements made pre-alpha. As CA has repeatedly stated pre-alpha subject matter is subject to change. Please don't confuse a load of angry forumites with a large customer base because this is simply not true.
    The only reason it is hard ,is because the units get a cheatboost to their stats ,not because they are smarter.
    And true ,you cant compare EU to TW , but what i meant was that they way paradox handles their games after they have been released is something CA has to take note of. EU3 has received support in patches from 2007 till 2012. That is dedication; and by this i mean that Paradox gives its employees the possibility of enhancing the game. I have no problem with individual people who work at CA ,as im sure most of them love what they do and give it their best. But as an organisation ,i find CA severly lacking.
    Last edited by BURNY26; May 09, 2013 at 02:03 PM.

OMIGAW SO BEAUTIFUL :") TAKE MY MONEY

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

Any word on a Canadian release for the Special Edition? Cause I will buy it, if not I will pre-order through steam.

Archilles's Avatar Semisalis

Why is no one a little bit dissapointet that only the roman faction has standard bearers???

I mean Jack said every factions will get their own generals and standard bearers... am i the only one who cares about that???

Don´t missunderstand me - i love the game - but i would love to see standard bearers for the other factions too... for example gallic or macedonian...

We'd like to preorder, but we haven't seen much of the game yet. Any chance to have a demo, before preordering?

It is true that it had lost its peak at the time the romans were starting to expand ,but still they are still significant enough to include for everyone.
    And looking back at RTW ,it had 11 factions from 1.0 for everyone to enjoy and there was more than enough mod support to help expand that number. Now there are 8 factions and one free if you pre order? That seems to be a step back ,even though you still charge full price like its a complete game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopel View Post
    I didnt mean it in a way like 'im older than you ,shut up' . I meant it ,as in that ive seen these forums lighten up (over the years that ive been here) of angry people on releases after the initial WOW-effect had passed. Frustration which I could understand completly. ETW was beyond words... And S2 ... one siege map for everywhere ,and still the AI just flunked by doing nothing at all even though they were suposed to be the agressor...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post

The only reason it is hard ,is because the units get a cheatboost to their stats ,not because they are smarter.
    And true ,you cant compare EU to TW , but what i meant was that they way paradox handles their games after they have been released is something CA has to take note of. EU3 has received support in patches from 2007 till 2012. That is dedication; and by this i mean that Paradox gives its employees the possibility of enhancing the game. I have no problem with individual people who work at CA ,as im sure most of them love what they do and give it their best. But as an organisation ,i find CA severly lacking.

honestly Will CA, we dont really know much about Rome 2, the province system, the legion system, naval warfare and etc...

can you or Jack please release the demo before release of the full version or make a video that showcases the entire campaign and gives us a preview of campaign functions...?

we have so many questions and barely any of them are answered I just cant spend 60$ if I am kept in the dark like this...

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    Any word on a Canadian release for the Special Edition? Cause I will buy it, if not I will pre-order through steam.
    Agreed. How hard is it to put it on Amazon.ca because we can't preorder off of Amazon.com.

Hi!
    Great news! Sorry if this question has been asked before. There are two things i'd like to find out. When will be there an information about campaign map and will we see a demo before the release?